Chinese Super League/AFC Champions League 2012

Discussion in 'China' started by greenlion, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Thats good to hear! Hopefully that happens in the future if possible. Learning from Lippi for few more years would be great for his development. He is young and is now exempt from service so his a lot of time in his hands.

Btw, what is going to happen to Cho Won-Hee? Any speculations of a destination?

2. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    kim: yes in evergrande, this is some of the few chinese clubs where any players can learn something. in evergrande, lippi has majority control of the club. the team must play italian style, and this proves to be very different and distinctive from other teams.

cho won-hee: chinese media said he will most likely leave, and there are couple of chinese clubs interested in him; however, his likely destination will be europe/korea.

Jitevra repped this.
  3. weka

weka Member

Dec 9, 2011
    ntg. Maybe redeemed but I guess I always had a soft spot. Redeemed? Of course

4. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    watching gao lin is hair-pulling. he is not consistent, and lippi has criticized him many times.
    i am glad he scored the "redemption goal", but with yang xu being linked to evergrande, and jiang ning occasionally scoring spectacular goals, that should give gao lin a kind reminder that he needs to be more consistent.

weka repped this.
  5. weka

weka Member

Dec 9, 2011
    Agreed. However, this goal will one of my favorite moments of his let alone Chinese soccer. Always a pleasure watching your favorite players/team win.

6. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i know you are one of those people who are intersted in cjk football (cjk = china japan korea)
    do you watch national teams too?

7. weka

weka Member

Dec 9, 2011
    Yeah, I watch all three national teams. But, really. I liked Chinese league and NT more. I can't pin down why. Don't get me wrong, I like watching J-League and K-League but Chinese League ... I just like it more and I'd rather want China to succeed than Japan or Korean if given the choice but we already know who's suceeding or not.

The reason I have "FC Seoul and Korean Republic." See Korean soccer got me into Asian soccer but then I learned more as I went on and I've been too lazy to change it.

Either way, my main focus is East Asian Soccer. But I also watch Spanish soccer and Women's soccer as well (when I can). I also watch other Asian teams. And Europoean leagues like EPL, Serie A and the like when i have nothing else to watch but above all else... CSL is my favorite league.

edit: Changed it, haha.

8. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    well it's rare to see people liking chinese football
    as i said to other posters, you can't expect anything rewarding from chinese football.
    we don't have exciting prospect as the ssang-yongs (lee chung-yong/ki sung-yueng) like the south koreans, chong tese and the ri dude like the north korean, keisuke honda and ryo miyaichi like japan, and even an odil ahmedov of the uzbeks.

be prepared to see DID NOT DRESS in the chinese oversea page, brazil mulling china 8-0 again, erm, good talents become trash as years go, and the continue oddities of CSL.

enjoy watching chinese football while you can..
    it's bad for your heart tsk tsk tsk.

9. weka

weka Member

Dec 9, 2011
    That's why I have Korean, Spanish, and Japanese soccer as well as Chinese. Haha

10. Yiddo Huayi

Yiddo Huayi Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Wellington, NZ
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    New Zealand
    That's a lot of football.

You should get out a bit more! ;)

11. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    transfer news:

yu haochao, yang xu, and zheng long are linked with guangzhou evergrande
    fang jingqi, hu weiwei, and five others youth players reportingly all signed for guangzhou evergrande.
    (fang jingqi is u19 goalkeeper)

erm,
    feng renliang, of shanghai shenhua, has been confirmed by zhu jun that talks are going between evergrande and shenhua.

lu0hh repped this.
  12. Zhou Jiabao

Zhou Jiabao Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I think Evergrande wants to buy the entire national team haha.

ChaDuRi671 repped this.
  13. weka

weka Member

Dec 9, 2011
    I actually just watch Real Madrid/Barcelona and C/J/K leagues. The other leagues I'll watch when a big game is on..

14. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So what good did Drogba do? 11th out of 16. One man does not a team make.

Can Evergrande become the first great Chinese soccer dynasty of the pro era? Great change from being relegated three years ago.

15. Zhou Jiabao

Zhou Jiabao Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Shanghai needs to improve their defense and their offensive output.

16. Yiddo Huayi

Yiddo Huayi Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Wellington, NZ
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    New Zealand
    Sold a lot of shirts, got people talking, maybe a few more bums on seats.

Don't think anyone , not even the Shenhua bosses, would expect a single marquee signing to turn around a team.

Certainly hasn't worked well elsewhere (and particularly in the A-League over the last season and so far in the new season).

17. Yiddo Huayi

Yiddo Huayi Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Wellington, NZ
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    New Zealand
    That's covered 2 out of 3 bases!

18. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    drogba came at mid-season, he was crucial in couple of games; however, the shenhua teamwork is just a bit..not too strong.
    some of the team members are not able to feed the ball to the front for anelka, drogba, and other forwards to score. you should ask shanghai_ultra more about this.

19. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    shanghai would be going through another change now.
    seems the shareholders/stalkholders are in some sort of disagreement.
    especially with feng renliang-to-evergrande news coming out, i am not sure what direction the club is heading to.

20. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    OLD NEWS BUT EXCITING:
    in a recent interview with lee jang-soo, former evergrande boss, lee admitted park ji-sung was actually under evergrande's radar.

lee and liu (some high level dude in evergrande) went to england a while ago to find the best foreign players for the team. they actually had a dinner with park ji-sung.
    lee asked park ji-sung if he wants to play for evergrande, park rejected and said he don't want to.
    lee said "i can't force a player to come play for a team that he don't want to serve, so i have to reject this idea".

reporter asked lee jang-soo what is his next step (after being fired from evergrande), lee said he wants to rest. there were couple of korean and japanese clubs and henan jianye have approached him, but he just want to rest.

ChaDuRi671 repped this.
  21. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    ODDITY:

Zhu Jun, one of the biggest Shanghai Shenhua stakeholders who brought Anelka and Drogba to the team, said in an recent interview that "if Messi only got six months left in his contract with Barcelona (and refused to sign a new contract), I am confident that I could persuade him to join Shenhua!"

[​IMG]

22. weka

weka Member

Dec 9, 2011
    Messi is contacted with Barcelona until 2016........ he'll be 29 then.

23. weka

weka Member

Dec 9, 2011
    Yeah, this worked out pretty well for me.. for a bit.

[​IMG]

ceezmad repped this.
  24. YenSter

YenSter Member

Apr 10, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    What you watched all these games simultaneously? because Damn that would be hardcore.

25. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    CSL 2012 Attendance
    League total 4,497,558 Average 18,740
    Code:
    Rank Team                 Total Average