Chinese Super League/AFC Champions League 2011

Discussion in 'China' started by ntg., Mar 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

Next to the gold miners. Or is it coal?

2. cfb21

cfb21 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    London
    Yu Dabao seems to be one we can look to in the future. Fingers crossed.

3. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
  4. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    [​IMG]

Sven Eriksson linked with Shandong Luneng job.

5. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Yeah, and other rumors are Hengda, Fuli, or Aerbin may be considering ponying up for Ronaldinho, though the smart money is that he's going to Panathanikos.

6. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    CFA Cup Final
    Shandong Luneng 1-2 Tianjin TEDA.

Tianjin won the Asian Champions League qualification.
    Arie Han, Tianjin's boss, is uncertain if he will leave or not.

7. lu0hh

lu0hh Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Club:
    Guangzhou Yiyao
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    goodness..tianjin does not deserve to be here lol -_-

8. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  9. vettefredje redded

Sep 12, 2011
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
  10. Castillianthfc

Jul 22, 2005
    U K
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    NO . . I've changed Guangzhou's figures - I saw a chinese web site which made it clear that the original figure was 'Budget', whereas their revenues are about 80million Rnembi or about €9m Euros. Those details are on my web site below . .

11. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Guangzhou Evergrande is incredibly rich.

I'm sorry, there's not a chance in hell the club brought in RMB80 million in revenue this past season.

12. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    China used to have four places to enter the Asian Champions League. The news announces that it has just decreased to 3.5 places.

Liaoning Hongyun needs to play additional playoff match.

13. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    This has been a crazy week for Liaoning, originally China was supposed to have 4 spots, but then the AFC said they were reducing it to 3.5 on the 17th (headline: 中超亚冠名额几确定3.5), then on the 21st, it was once again that China would have 4 spots (headline:中超确保2012亚冠四名额), today the papers have returned to China having 3.5 spots. A very odd situation indeed (and one I'll be writing about today or tomorrow on the blog).

If anyone's wondering why it's Liaoning, who went through a whole 30 game season to earn the 3rd spot, playing in qualifying instead of Tianjin (who won 3 matches), it's dictated by AFC rules and not a CSL/CFA decision.

14. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  15. fero

fero Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Argentina
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Just to say, China have 16 "big" club in his first divion also a second division too, everycountry in that situation should-must have 4 teams in his continental CL.

Anyway I hope see a AFC East Champions League soon, Sirya, Australia and Japan are too far way each others.

16. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    THE OTHER GAME: CHAMPION vs. CSL ALL STAR

2011 Champion Guangzhou Evergrande played a friendly match against CSL All Star.

Evergrande Starting roster:
    22 - Li Shuai; 14 - Li Jianhua, 3 - Paulao, 6 - Feng Xiaoting, 32 - Sun Xiang; 10 - Zheng Zhi, 16 - Cho Wonhee; 26 - Wu Pingfeng; 15 - Dario Conca, 11 - Muriqui; 29 - Gao Lin

CSL All Star Starting roster:
    22 -Deng Xiaofei; 16 - Zheng Zheng, 3 - Zhang Chenglin, 23 - Yuan Weiwei, 18 - Liu Jianye :rolleyes:; 15 - Zhao Mingjian, 7 - Zhao Junzhe; 10 - Zheng Long, 20 - Yu Hanchao, 11 - Zhang Wenzhao; 29 - Yang Xu

Wu Pingfeng scored for the champion around the 46th mark. Song Wenjie, the sub for the all star, later equalized. Evergrande won the match through 5-3 penalty. The game was hosted at the Evergrande's home pitch. When Zhao Junzhe's name was announced, the Evergrande fans booed at him (because Muriqui and Zhao Junzhe fought before, leading to Muriqui banned for six matches).

17. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Manchester United's Park Ji-sung is linked with Evergrande. Very "cool story bro!" and salty news. The latest update is the club already sent negotiator to England.

Changchun Yatai's Zhang Wenzhao is linked too, but Zhang rejected the move.

18. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Not sure what you're trying to say. Park Jisung is Evergrande's top target, they didn't just send a negotiator, the club's vice president and Lee Jangsoo are an a Euro buying tour. Lee went instead of coaching the side in the all-star game and he's already met with Park.

Whether Park wants to leave United is another story, but Evergrande is definitely talking to Park.

19. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Guti, former Real Madrid player, is linked to Shanghai Shenhua.

[​IMG]

20. ruazn2

ruazn2 Member

Jul 25, 2006
    California
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/j/2011-12-01/00185850622.shtml

According to AFC rules, the losers of the AFC champions league qualifying play-off will have to play in the AFC Cup, which is a second tier AFC continental competition. Liaoning is now worried if they don't qualify for the champions league they will have to play in the AFC Cup and they would just rather withdrawn from the AFC Cup than to participate in it. According to them, AFC Cup is "not glamorous enough if they win, and they will lose even more face if they lose"

WOW really? I actually think its good to have China participate in AFC Cup b/c thats about the level of our clubs, especially if you look at the performance of our clubs in the champions league in the past few years. They think they are a lot better when they are actually not. they think AFC Cup is below them when its actually their level. At the same time, they are worried about losing face. Haha, with this kind of thinking, there is only one way for Chinese football to go, DOWN!

21. Only_ONE_United

Nov 30, 2008
    Vancouver/Hong Kong
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

There may be some life to this rumor still seeing as Park played the full 90 minutes of that shocking defeat to Crystal Palace today. I have to admit that his touch/passing was god awful today and he did not look fit to play the entire game. However I do think it was more a culmination of reduced playing time recently (he looked very fit in preseason when he had lots of games) and being played out of his normal position. Regardless, this will likely draw the ire of the critics and maybe even Sir Alex, so whether Park will be a victim of the cutting board remains to be seen. Evergrande might still have a chance as early as this January to pick him up if Sir Alex decides to drop him from the future lineup with all the natural wingers we already have (and are linked to)...

I hope this doesn't come to fruition though, because I think Park still has at least 2 years of playing time in the top flight left in him.

22. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It wasn't a horrendous game for Park compare to Johnny Evans who could defend for sh!t.

23. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    have been slow lately:

Han Peng linked with newcomer Fuli
    Fuli is also looking for goalkeepers, with national team's Yang Zhi and relegated Shenzhen Ruby's Cheng Yuelei linked.

a special news today:
    Beijing Baxy (2nd tier) becomes the first Chinese club to sign Taiwanese players. Chen Haowei (19, AMF) and Wen Zhihao (18, striker), both young players of the Taiwan league, signed a two-year deal with Baxy.

(note: the names are in pinyin, not the conventional Taiwanese pronunciation)

The Taiwanese doubles are not physically strong as the other players, but they have good game reading and technical skill.

24. YLbowman

YLbowman Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I can assure you that there is almost no chance of Park leaving Manchester United. He didn't play bad against Crystal Palace. His passing was neat and some good passes. And even if (very unlikely) he leaves Man United there are plenty of other teams that would want him like Juventus.

25. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Liaoning just announced they want to be out for ACL next season. They will not play the playoff games.

Reason: If Liaoning failed to win and relegated to AFC Cup, the team won't get much money. The club also cite it would be too taxing to travel long distance for the game, and it would be expensive to do so too.