Alert: Chinese Soccer Will Kill Me

Discussion in 'China' started by chengb02, Aug 27, 2009.

1. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Yes, I've come to this realization. Watching the national team and, especially the CSL, I will go to an early death if I continue doing so. Last night's Guoan match was the 1st time I've watched a football match and felt that, seriously, it was quite possible a number of players were being paid off. Plus, if you made the referee disappear, I don't think anyone would know the difference. To top it all off, the Chengdu goalie and a few other players started with the pretend injuries IN THE FIRST HALF. What is with that magic sponge the trainers have and where can I get one? Has it been tried on cancer patients? the blind? It's truly God given, miracle inducing shit. I told the wife that if she loves me, she should burn my season ticket, I can't take that step and I'm certain to keep going if she doesn't, but it's going to kill me.

/End of rant.

2. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    welcome to china.
    if you want authentic honest chinese football.
    watch the hong kong league lol :p

3. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    that's why I try to stay away from chinese football...lol
    watch the epl, csl is a waste of time.

4. Only_ONE_United

Nov 30, 2008
    Vancouver/Hong Kong
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Ahahahaha truuuuuu dat. It definitely must be Nobel Peace Prize-winning shit those trainers got.

But in all seriousness though, I wonder how much power FIFA has (if any) in governing/regulating the standards in which the CSL is officiated or run. I mean, the AFC is crap and can't say much for itself since it is run by a middle-eastern scumbag who is probably just as corrupt as some of the suits in the CSL.

5. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    ahahah scumbag
    i still remember that time dalian shide (when hao haidong still plays) in afc champions league getting red card and goal disallowed for no reason.

6. moqool

moqool Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Excuse my language but when you said 'paid off' did you mean theres a lot of bribery going on in Chinese football? I would be very surprised from this since China always held a strict reputation for itself. If bribery is happening then proper enforcement needs to be applied. It would be such a great shame if one of the giants in Asia are doing this and it would also mean that world football is becoming more and more careless about the sport if they cant even notice a big nation with corruption.

7. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    there's a recent news about couple of young chinese footballer attack a referee..because he was notorious for being corrupt

occasionally..there's news about corruption too

maybe because of this
    our world ranking now plunge to 100
    and not much quality players going out oversea now :(

8. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Chinese football dealt with a massive corruption scandal in 2001, for a year or two after that, there were rumors from time to time, but now it seems the league is pretty clean (unlike the basketball league that the NY Times recently wrote about and lots of players complained of corruption). At the same time, Chinese and Asian gamblers are famous for match fixing, often fixing the smallest of Scottish league games. The one most widely known incident of match fixing in the EPL also involved an Asian gambler.

I'm not making any accusations and I'm pretty sure there was no money that changed hands, but I'm just saying, if you told me there was, it would be believable.

9. ruazn2

ruazn2 Member

Jul 25, 2006
    California
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  10. gold4278

gold4278 Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. ruazn2

ruazn2 Member

Jul 25, 2006
    California
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Basically in a game b/n Qingdao and Sichuan in the Jia league, few of the players from Qingdao was accused of trying to score an own goal in the last 5 mins or so by doing some dangerous back-passes when they were up 3-0. Apparently they need the game to have 4 goals, and since they can't score another goal against Sichuan, they did their best to try to score an own goal.

12. moqool

moqool Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Its good to hear that Chinese football improved itself on the issue of corruption and bribery. This is probably a step in the right direction. I hope things get even better with time since China is a huge country and can act as a major player in global football. If they go down, then all of Asia will eventually follow, in my honest opinion. We need China to be a good example of Asian football since they can vastly influence the outcome of this sport across the continent. :)

I must admit I never heard of this gambling problem before but now it makes more sense as to why corruption can become so widely notorious in sports. I really hope these problems get fixed over time, whether in China or any other country in the world, as it is bringing down the hobby that we all love and enjoy.