News: Chinese Players Transfer Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'China' started by YLbowman, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Zhou Jiabao

Zhou Jiabao Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  2. soccerfanfromcanada

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    ^ Good move for him. There are two other Chinese players on that same team. Guo Yi and Pan Ximing. Hope at least few of the young guys continue to ply their trade in Portugal and move up to Primeria Liga instead of returning to the CSL once they are around 22.

Zhou Jiabao repped this.
  3. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
  4. soccerfanfromcanada

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    ^What? He has been actually playing these past few weeks and performing relatively decent.

5. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    He's played 8 minutes for Rayo in the league so far. He's started three times in the Copa del Rey, when Rayo rested their starting members.

Besides, it's in Zhang's interest to actually go to a club that values him as a footballer where he would actually get a chance to play instead of being seen as a clause in a sponsorship deal.

6. soccerfanfromcanada

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    But, Zhang has already said he intends to stay at Rayo and fight for a spot. So for the rest of this season I am guessing he stays. Hopefully he gets to play at least 10 matches and impress some other team to sign him.

7. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    rumour rumour:

Shanghai SIPG trying to get $200 000 USD weekly deal for Arjen Robben.

shanghai sipg has been on alot of news lately, some news outlet say they are trying to get rooney. i am sure other big names will be linked to shanghai sipg, while we all know it is mostly bullshit.

8. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

can someone tell me how legitimate this is. and if its true how likely you guys think of its possibility according to anything on the Chinese media, and your intuition.

9. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    very unlikely.
    any players worldwide can link to a CSL team for no reason now.

edlee1992 repped this.
  10. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

thank you. plus did this transfer happen already?

11. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    nope. nothing mentioned.
    the newest news on the site is a swedish dude joining guangzhou fuli.

12. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    ok thank you again

13. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Linpeng to Europe is off?

14. soccerfanfromcanada

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    ^ Most likely because of the high price tag on Zhang by Evergrande. Honestly CSL is going to hinder the Chinese players' development at this rate because they earn way more at home than they would at some mid-table team in Europe. Pretty bleak future for us ahead. We are already seeing it with young players such as Xu Xin and Li Yuanyi being tempted to come back home to earn that fat pay check instead of persevering in Europe. Don't blame them, it is just reality.

zdrstvte and seolseol repped this.
  15. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah, I know. No "good" chinese players is going to Europe.

16. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Sigh. if the fat pay check and high transfer fee is deterring Chinese players from going to Europe. I guess its RIP for the Korean players in the C league. I just wish Evergrande would of heard Kim Young Gwon's plights and would have helped him out. But i understand why the C league wouldnt care b/c its not like their helping out their own player and dont give a sh1t about the Korean national team.

seolseol repped this.
  17. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    What plight? If Kim really wanted to go and test himself in Europe then he had the option of leaving on free transfer in 2016. It was his decision to sign a 4 year extension. What do you expect them to do? Send him on a multiple-year loan to Europe while paying his salary in full? It's not Chinese clubs deliberately not caring, that's how football works around the world. I get you are annoyed at Korean players going to China but get over it, it's not going to change.

18. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I understand that he signed an extension. But u dont know the back story of it all. KYK might have said that he wants to go to europe but if Evergrande slaps a gigantic check in front of you, you will be pressured in staying. Plus he publicly stated that he wants to leave for europe since the club world cup, but i dont hear any stories of how his team is helping him out even though he has helped them with pretty much everything possible in China. They are probably deterring him from moving by slapping a huge price tag even though he is not worth jack sh1t.

19. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    I'm not quite getting what you're saying. It's simple. Guangzhou Evergrande gave him a contract extension probably with a raise and he took it. He could have chosen to turn it down but he didn't, and that's his decision.

Look at Robinho. I'm sure Guangzhou offered him a massive raise as well. He decided not to renew the deal.

ntg. repped this.
  20. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Robinho made alot of money in his life and probably wants to move back home after a long career overseas (like tevez). But the point is that KYK wants to move to europe now b/c he realizes that he wants to play european football. It would be nice if Evergrande lists him at a reasonable price.

21. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    speaking from a korean-wannabe.

22. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i remember an iranian poster posted that he is disappointed that one promising persian talent decided to play in CSL for money.

well we are not the actual footballer. the footballer can choose whatever they want with their live. we are just fans, and we won't know the aspects behind their life in why they choose this or that.

a good example is michu. many fans believe that he shouldn't move to lower tier of the spanish league. but ultimately it is his decision, and he is happy with playing for his brother's team. we, as fans, can't do anything about that.

zdrstvte repped this.
  23. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    again, KYK could have say no to evergrande's contract renewal so he can transfer to another team (european or not for free).

24. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Look if he wants to go to Europe, he should have refused to renew the deal, which would have meant that he would have been sold by now if they wanted something for him, or he would be leaving for wherever he wants in 6 months time.
    He can't have both. Either he chooses the money and stays in China or moves to Europe. He clearly knew what he was doing by signing that 4 year extension.

takeuchi repped this.
  25. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    That's not how contracts work... Evergrande has deep enough pockets that they can totally sit a complaining player on the bench for the duration of a contract and not blink an eye. Fact of the matter is he signed an extension for 4 years, while having made it clear that he wanted Euro footy before that. It was his decision, can't turn back on it a year later and complain about the team not wanting to give up their asset that they signed.

That aside though, I think it is disappointing that the big money in China is keeping our players from getting valuable experience overseas. It's understandable from a player's perspective that this is a short career and you need to milk what you can from it especially as a middling low-mid tier (speaking relative to worldwide talent) player, but still sucks for the fans.

takeuchi repped this.