China's Spanish tour [R]

Discussion in 'China' started by xfactor857, Dec 26, 2005.

1. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    against North Korea in the EAFF

actually they won the entire tournament, tying Japan and South Korea, beating North Korea.

The last time before that was beating Costa Rica on a friendly

2. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Andalusia consists some of the biggest clubs in La Liga. Seville, Real Betis and Malaga are from Andalusia.

3. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    The only major player(s) who it can be said we're missing is Datou and Du Wei. Dong has never been a regular starter, Li Tie is still not back completely from injury (and I wonder if he ever will be able to regain a spot on the MNT), and Sun isn't necesarily an automatic choice. Chen Tao and Gao Lin are both on the tour and on the bench.

It seems like this is, more or less, something like the Olympic team. Basically everybody on the team is either first team regulars or players that, in the next year or two, could very well become first team regulars. This is why I'm concerned.

Just out of curiosity, who captained the team? Zheng Zhi or Zhao?

4. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

Sun Jihai is clearly the best player on the Chinese national team. Li Weifeng sucks but better than the other defenders here. Du Wei is a big miss. Li Tie, you might be right that he has never recovered. But even that, Li Tie is still better than some of the choices we have. Dong......... Well, let's just say I pick him over stupid Li Yi anyday. I would also pick Xie Hui over Li Yi anyday.

Sun Jihai is like the only player that can compete on the same level as European top tier teams. It's the only reason why he's starting for Manchester City. You can argue that it's marketing reasons, but marketing reasons would be to sub him in for a few minutes when the team is up by 2 goals or down by 2 goals. Sun might not be the best player in the world, but for team China, he is the best player.

5. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    There was a time I'd agree, but now, no chance. Sun is one of China's best players and has made a name for himself abroad, but after AC04, I think it was shown how dispensible he is. I think of 3 names when I think of crucial players: Zheng Zhi, Zhao Junzhe, and Datou. Sun may have the most skills, but I don't think he's the most important player on the team. Perhaps he needs to be plugged back in at wing back instead of in the midfield and I'd change my mind.

As for the other complaints, you have Zhu to blame. He has both Gao and Chen as well as a few other attacking players on the roster, but he still chooses Li Yi and Shi Jun. The 1 attacker lineup is not going to work too well for China if they want to win games.

6. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Li Yi must have been paying Zhu to keep playing for the NT. The whole China knows he sucks. Even Lu Lin (good with both feet, good FKs) playing FW is better than this piece of shiet.

7. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Its a Shenzhen connection...Haha, maybe if Wang Xinxin would have come earlier, he'd be on the MNT now too! Then again, Li Yi was able to score a goal, so maybe we shouldn't be so harsh on him? I don't know, its hard to say having not seen the match.

8. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Is Lu Lin still playing for a Guangdong CFL team? I wonder why no one has picked him up yet.

Zhao Junzhe was captain. He's holding the CFA pennant thing.

[​IMG]
    Watch the Sina highlights.

9. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    This China NT team really sucks

4-1 blowout, and the other team didn't even take the game that serious. To them it's a friendly

we better beat Angola 2-0, otherwise this Chinese NT is too shameful

10. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Wow! Hold up, Angola is a team bound for the WC06, this isn't some pushover team. I hope for a hard fought 2-1 or 1-1 game for us...If Zhu insists on only 1 player up top, expect it to be 1-0, or worse, to Angola.

11. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Next match is against Racing Santander on Dec. 30th at 1:30PM US Eastern Daylight Savings Time.

12. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    I love Spain and follow them as much as I can. Now you guys didnt expect this to be easy did you? The score isnt that bad, considering they were at home and they are a seeded team in Europe, which says a lot.

13. YCashMoney42

YCashMoney42 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Seoul
    lol that tournament was probabaly the worst one I ve seen since I was born,
    esepcially the refs, im sure you remmeber that stupid japanese refs

it was so ridiculous i was just laughing like an idiot

14. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    just because they've made the world cup it doesn't mean they are a good team. I mean, China made the world cup in 2002, and we're always pushovers. I think we can beat Angola. I think Angola got very lucky making it to the world cup, it's not because Angola is good, it's because Nigeria didn't play their best.

15. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    this is the team that beat Real Madrid at Real Madrid

they are going to beat us, even though they will only treat this as a practice game.

16. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    A scoring draw would make me happy.

17. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    I just want a goal or two and for the game to stay close.

I'm not sure about Txtri's point as we didn't play the Spanish MNT, however from the names that were being thrown out, these other teams were pretty good.

Haha, as for CFF's point, we made WC02 on the greatest technicality of all, only because 2 of the strongest Asian teams were given automatic births. As you can see from my predictions, I think we can beat Angola too, but I don't think its going to be easy and I can't see us taking it 2-0.

18. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Chinese media never reported there will be a China VS Angola match, But we'll play Racing de Santander tomorrow!

19. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    well, I still give China credit for making 2002, because Asia is always given 4.5 spots. Japan and South Korea was automatic that year, but we didn't get anymore than 4.5 spots, we got 2.5 spots. It's kind of like the fact that Japan and South Korea qualified didn't exactly help us or make us worse. If they've given us 6.5 spots then I'd say it's because of Japan and SK automatically qualified.

I was just trying to make a point that countries can make the World Cup either by fluke or with a little bit of luck. It doesn't neccessarily mean they are good. On the other hand, just because a country doesn't make the world cup it doesn't mean it is not a good team. Coratia didn't make it this time, neither did Nigeria, Senegal, Cameroon. Another good example is in 2002, Netherland wasn't there, and Netherland is easily better than any of the Asian teams on average.

Bahrain and Uzebek made it further than China did, but I'd say on average, we would beat them both 70 percent of the time. It was just unlucky for China to lose to Kuwait in the preliminary round.

20. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    You're probably thinking of another team (Russia, maybe?) because Croatia ARE in the World Cup. They're in Japan's group. ;)

21. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

Thats a very optimistic view of the Chinese football team. I think we could beat these teams, but not by the percents you give. Maybe half and half.

I don't want to say you overrate China...but I don't think we're as good as you say we are.

22. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    I think we played three attackers?!

Racing Santander 2-0 China...FINAL

Lineup:
    Li Leilei
    Zheng Zhi
    Ji Mingyi
    Zhang Yaokun
    Cao Yang
    Zhao Junzhe
    Wang Dong
    Sun Ji
    Gao Lin
    Shi Jun
    Li Yi

23. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Boy has this tour been successful in building team morale. :rolleyes:

24. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    This is what happens when China goes to Europe.

12-OCT-05 HAMBURG (Germany) Germany vs. China PR 1:0 (0:0)
    29-MAR-05 DUBLIN (Republic of Ireland) Republic of Ireland vs. China PR 1:0 (0:0)
    26-MAR-05 SALAMANCA (Spain) Spain vs. China PR 3:0 (2:0)

28-APR-04 CLERMONT-FERRAND (France) Algeria vs. China PR 0:1 (0:1)
    14-APR-04 PERALADA (Spain) Andorra vs. China PR 0:0

This doesn't include the drubbings by then Barcelona and now Navarre, Andalucia, and Racing Santander.

FIFA Matches Database

25. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Well to be fair they've beaten the team that they should beat...but ANDORRA???????? How the f can we tie ANDORRA????? That is disgraceful IMHO. Ridiculous, our C team should plow through them IMHO. We did have a credible result against my favorite NT and against Ireland. But Jeez. :(