China vs Australia [R]

Discussion in 'China' started by shingkei, Mar 23, 2007.

1. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I don't think all of it is the Coach's fault, but definately some of it. Firstly Zhu is not letting players play at their most comfortable position. Secondly, like all other Chinese coaches, he's got loyalty towards these useless veterans. Zhao Junzhe and Xu Yunlong are completely useless but they are veterans and for politics, Zhu starts them. Dong Fangzhuo and Zhou Haibin should be starting and not sub'ed in.

We have a lot of European based players and they are slowly developing in to better players. I disagree that Shao Jiayi sucks. Any Chinese player who can score in the Bundesliga does not suck. Shao is not playing with enough good players to maximize his talents. China is in a transition right now, some good veterans have retired and the next generation is still learning. I actually want to see Feng Xiaoting and Chen Tao in the starting lineup, they are the future.

3 years ago, when China was in its best form, we would have drew the game at least at home.

2. athena20

athena20 Red Card

Apr 18, 2006
    yes is Feng Xianting the captain in 2005 holland squad? If so, i like that guy too. He should be represntative of our senior squad along with the other guy called " Zhu Ming" or something like that? he was also in the squad in the 2005 tounarment. Yes me like Zhou Haibin too, he is a very good player in midfield. but me dont' really like Chen Tao. But anyway those left-over retarda from previous generation like Xu Yunlong and Big head Lee Wei Fung should be banned from playing for us. There is also a guy called Wang Yungpo, i think he is pretty good in midfield.

The 2nd half was better but still is not convincing enough to score a goal which is really a huge problem for the chinese team.

3. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Thats the great thing about Australia joining Asia- not only will it help teams like China play against physically bigger teams more regularly- but hopefully it will help each nation want to be better.

A stronger Asia is better for football generally, as well as better for Australia. The more competitive games we have that are challenging to us, which Asia will provide, then that is good for the game in this country.

Hopefully, the Chinese brains trust will take away what worked and what didnt work from this game, and store it away for the next game.

Thanks for the game boys! :)

4. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    I actually think Xu Yunlong is decent. At least he's better than Du Wei who chokes under pressure.

But either Feng Xiaoting or Zhang Yaokun should replace the old veterens like Xu and Li Weifeng.

Shao doesn't score that many goals in Bundesliga. He's not even a definite starter for Cottbus, and even if he plays, he often doesn't play the full 90. Stamina could be a factor here.

Bottom line is, he's not a pure striker. The 2 shots that he took -- one with the toe-poke near the 6 yard box, and the other with a left-footed side-foot shot outside the box that went weak and wide -- were pretty horrible. He's got no header, his movement off the ball is rather inadequent, and he's slow. I'd rather have Dong Fangzhuo and Hang Peng as strikers. That way, you have speed, finishing, and heading.

5. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Yahoo sports

6. shingkei

shingkei Member

Mar 23, 2007
    China
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I think that Li Weifeng is still the best centre defender in China.

For Shao Jiayi, I agree that he should be put on the bench, just like in Cottbus. He plays better when he subs in than he starts.

7. ruud van semz

ruud van semz Red Card

Dec 27, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    wtf zhu is an idiot, trying to influence the media by sayign they held a top 16 team to 2 goals. why doesnt he mention the fact that this top 16 team had 7 starters out and 2 players that also sometimes start?

sack him now and bring someone better in, it will be better for the chinese

8. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Exactly. This shows how stupid and mis-informed Zhu is. This Aussie team is nowhere near as good as the one in the last WC with all those regulars out. Plus, you gotta take jet lag, time difference, and playing away into consideration.

Comparing this Aussie team to the one in the last WC is rather idiotic. Shows how incompetent the pig is.

9. ruud van semz

ruud van semz Red Card

Dec 27, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    he should have started fangzhou instead of leaving li jin yu on his own at the start. dont know why the chinese fa havnt sacked him yet

10. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    He's arguably still the best, but I really want Zhang and Feng to gain more experience by playing these high-level matches. These kids look like pretty solid defenders and have lots of room for development.

11. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    It's a well known fact that Li Jinyu can't operate well on his own. He's not a post player and he's not particularly fast. It's hard for him to create chances on his own.

Dong + Hang Peng is a much better choice for me.

12. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Now I really want China to really f**k up at the Asian Cup, so that Zhu can finally be fired and we can finally say "good riddance".

13. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    i agree with you. this is growing pain for China. I personally think it would be even better if Turkey and Israel joined AFC. With Australia, Israel, and Turkey in the AFC, Asia should get 5 spots in the World Cup instead of the conventional 4.5. Anyways, that's just my opinion.

14. okoyel

okoyel New Member

Nov 7, 2005
    I think it is better that Turkey is in Europe than Asia. Turkey shouldn't be in Europe just because they are geographically. They have been part of the European side all their 500 year history and Turkey only got seperated because of a war they were in 80 years ago and even then a few still counted themselves as Europeans.

As for Isreal, many of the Israeli's have been in Europe until WW2 and Turkey and a lot of other countries brought the Jews into their own country before they too over Palestine. They should be classed as Europeans aswell.

15. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Plus Israel has this problem with its neighbours ;)

Anyways, I still think Xu Yunlong can do a job for us, but I would agree that at the very least Feng Xiaoting be given a chance to prove himself, he's 21? and has got the attributes to be a very good defender for us if Zhu gives him the chance.

THe probability of this remains in question though :(

16. ruazn2

ruazn2 Member

Jul 25, 2006
    California
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I say the CONCACAF should give up some of its spots to Africa/Asia. I don't see why CONCACAF need so many spots. At most it should only have 2 spots. If you look at performance, other than the US and Mexico, there isn't any powerful sides in CONCACAF. If you look at the number of countries, theres basically 3 big ones and a bunch of small island nations. It should give up at least .5 if not 1.5 spots to other regions that has stronger teams such as Africa, South America, or Asia.

17. shingkei

shingkei Member

Mar 23, 2007
    China
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Feng Xiaoting is just recovering from injury. He has not played in the league. It's hard to pick him to play now. If he does well in the future, he still has chance.

18. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Last time it had 2.5. T&T beat out Bahrain.

19. ruazn2

ruazn2 Member

Jul 25, 2006
    California
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I think they had 3.5: US, Mexico, Costa Rica, and T&T

20. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Since I don't have any way of watching these games, I try to avoid comment for the most part, but having watched Zhao Junzhe over the years, I'm shocked at how crazy it is to imagine anyone calling him useless. The man is a rock in midfield who always is guaranteed to put out a workmanlike performance, it is never going to be beautiful and its never going to attract attention, but he does a job and does it well.

The attitude in China of playing veterans over younger players is far too entrenched, I think it would have been a better team in 2002 if they got rid of some of the useless veterans on the roster and put out the younger talent. That said, guys like Datou and Xu Yunlong are far from useless talent. While younger players need to be given a shot, that doesn't mean the older guys, especially those who are still capable and deserving, should be thrown to the curb. Xu is a unique player who will have a role in the Chinese roster for a long time because he can play virtually any position on the field and thus is a great filler.

Australia is a very good team, it would have been nice to do better, especially because this was at home, but oh well...The situation with the Chinese team is always kind of funny, when a guy isn't in the lineup for awhile, all his flaws suddenly disappear and fans start to love him, when they see a lineup, there is always something to bitch about. I'm guessing Dong will start more leading into the AC, I think Zhu is sizing up players and making final lineup decisions, I expect a more consistent lineup in a month or so...

21. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Why not, there are so many options nowadays - TV, torrents, ppStream, etc.

Well, I don't know if you have watched him play at the past few international games, but if you have, you would probably say he's crap.

He might be good at CSL, but if the opponent is any stronger he would have lots of problem. The Aussie match is solid prove that he's not good enough.

I'd rather have someone who's stronger and more physical like Zhou Haibin in there.

Datou and Xu are definitely not useless. Actually I like both of them. You won't find any defenders tougher than these two in China.

22. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Chengb02 uses Apple. Also, he defends Northerners and Beijing Guo'an players to the death.

23. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    OK so that explains it all.