CHILE vs Egipto, 30 de mayo en Stgo. (Amistoso) [R]

Discussion in 'Chile: Selecciones Nacionales' started by JAIME CHILE, Feb 19, 2014.

1. SIN DIOS NI LEY

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Vi 40 minutos del segundo tiempo y el compacto.

Los goles que sufrió Chile son típicos de una defensa de 3 poco trabajada por razones de tiempo y que no está el material.
    En el mundial hay que volver a los dos centrales y los dos laterales muy buenos que tenemos, de otra forma sufriremos la descordinación de zagueros que tampoco están en sus puestos naturales.

HeartandSoul and MetroChile repped this.
  2. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Concuerdo con SinDios, hay que volver a los dos centrales y dos laterales como versus Alemania, si funcionó tan bien mejor no cambiarlo.

3. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Ayer gran parte del problema que sufría esa defensa tan arriba era el hecho de que los mediocampistas - sobre todo centrales - no presionaban.

Rickdog repped this.
  4. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  5. chewie4917

chewie4917 Member

Sep 10, 2011
    In many ways, that game against Germany left so many positives. In terms of the movement, the pressing, etc., it could be made the standard. I think (I hope!) that this game was more to test other options. But, as I said, I believe that the game against Germany would have given Sampaoli and the coaching staff many clues on how to maximise the team's strongest points.

MetroChile and toepunt repped this.
  6. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    - I liked what I saw from Albornoz and will go on to say that he's my preference to play higher up and over someone like Beausejour.

- The stadium being half empty was not pleasant to the eyes. Either the prices should go down or ANFP needs to work harder to get a country to face that will excite more fans.

- Fuenzalida for me earned a ticket to the WC. Isla unfortunately had a subpar performance, and Fuenzalida in a matter of minutes had a penetrating cross, was wrongly called offside in a goal scoring play, and hustled defensively at the back when required.

7. chewie4917

chewie4917 Member

Sep 10, 2011
    I agree on Isla; his erratic performances for Chile continue. It will be a close call by Sampaoli.

Albornoz should be safe. I would say that his defensive side needs to be solid for the world cup. The team is already a little vulnerable in central defence; Sampaoli needs his full-backs to defend their areas with whatever it takes or the centre backs will be stretched at every moment.

8. ridv34

ridv34 Member

Jul 20, 2007
    CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Personally, I find that Isla hasn't been the same since his ACL tear. That injury has ruined many a player in the history of sports. We need a replacement, and this guy (Fuenzalida) could be it.

Not sure how I felt about not having a 9 or a midfielder that controlled the tempo. Still not convinced by Guitierrez or Pinilla. Albornoz on the other hand has promise.

Finally I feel as though we only won because Sanchez had one of the best games of his life for la roja. Hope he keeps the momentum up, but he literally threw the team on his shoulder.

9. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Isla is not on close call, he will continue to be a starter despite lowering his performance.

10. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Yea, guys: I don't see Isla getting cut. That being said, I don't think that means JPF is out of the picture but I don't think it's a "either/or" scenario here.

11. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Against Ireland I would like to see the back 4 again like versus Germany but instead of Silva, with Albornoz.

12. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    One bad game isn't representative of anything.
    More so if the player has played lots of other games where he has been among the very best of the team.

The player could've simply had a bad day. It happens to everybody once in a while.

Last night, our whole team "fack'd up ", and only because Sanchez was shinning with lights of his own, is that we won the game (with Vargas as second best player as he did, what is expected from him).
    No Alexis, and right now we would be all talking about an embarrasing defeat at home.

Btw, Pinilla should get his ticket back to Italy (he was invisible last night, and in his case he hasn't "shined" for the NT in over the past 10 years. He lost it)

toepunt repped this.
  13. toepunt

toepunt Member

Aug 24, 2003
    North America
    Could it be that Isla plays better with Vidal beside him? There was disconnection between the players.

Sarcastically speaking I think they need to introduce themselves to each other before the game.

14. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I by no means am saying that Isla should be cut, on the contrary, but more of those mediocre performances or possible injury/suspension during the WC means that we need another option on the right. Either Albornoz is made to play there or have someone like Fuenzalida who all ready performs that function.

The left flank isn't the problem due to the fact that Mena, Beusejour, Gutierrez, and Albornoz can play there.

ridv34 and MetroChile repped this.
  15. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Oh yes, forgot to say it, but EGYPT proved to be a very good team for our preparation to the WC.
    I knew they were up for the challenge and a good team, but they impressed me positively, as they played lots better than what I originally thought about them. Bad thing that they will not be present next WC.
    ;)

ridv34 and JAIME CHILE repped this.
  16. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Ninguno de los 5 experimentos resultó, tal como esperaba.

Si a eso agregamos el error de Medel, el HORRIBLE partido de Isla, tenemos un partido de mierda como el que vi ayer.

Sólo rescato a Alexis Sánchez (con sus 3 pases-gol).

El resto muy por debajo de su nivel, o en un nivel bajo esperable(Beausejour).

17. freeestyler

freeestyler Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    #42 freeestyler, May 31, 2014
    Last edited: May 31, 2014
    Hm. This was really a bad game for La Roja. I can't see anything positive besides the great game of Alexis. In the first half time we had some goal chances, but in the second there was nothing besides the 2 goals. Yeah, actually it's better to score 2 goals from 2 chances than to experience what we have seen against Germany 15+ chances and no single goal at the end, but in Brasil we can't expect to score 2-3 goals from 2-3 chances.

I hope Valdivia will be completely fit for the WC and will be able to play in all the games, otherwise we have a real problem. The other problem are the wingers. If they are not working like yesterday, we won't be able to create chances. Spain and Netherlands will look much better for defending against Alexis, so playing like that yesterday 0-3+ is 99% guaranteed. In the first half time the defensive line was in 80% of the time 40m+ from the own goal and this is something Sampaoli has to forget immediately. You can play offensive, but this kamikaze-style will not bring anything positive.

Albornoz played well, but he was too nervous and made some very big mistakes - one wrong pass to Jara, which created a big chance for Egypt. Actually a mistake like that can ruin everything, so I can't see a reason to see him playing as a CD again. It would be better to see him on the place of Bosa, where he can contribute more than the haitian, I'm sure :) I don't like to be a mooner and Sampaoli deserves a credit, because he has almost no single mistake so far, but why the hell he has not called Albornoz for the friendly against Germany. Ok, you don't plan and don't want to use him- don't do it! But call him, let him be part of the trainings, let him see how it is to be part of the real La Roja. How can we expect something more from him yesterday, when he played for a first time in his career with world class players like Sanchez, Medel etc. He is playing in Sweden and has neither the experience nor the confidence.

Well, it was just a friendly. When we look on the results of the other teams, we will see that no team is winning big, but the WC is coming in 2 weeks and there are many things, which have to be fixed.

JAIME CHILE repped this.
  18. freeestyler

freeestyler Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  19. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Beausejour is 100 % chilean.
    He was born in Chile, to a Mapuche mother. Through her, all his ancestry is linked to the original inhabitants of our country, so please try to give him more respect.
    He doesn't even have double nationality, although as his father is haitian he could apply to also have it, but he hasn't, and till now the only nationality that he has, it's the chilean one.

Don't refer to him as haitian.

raza_rebel repped this.
  20. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    For what its worth, he is prob. more chilean than all of us for having direct Mapuche blood.

Anyways, I think the Albornoz experiment worked. Surprisingly well for being his second game.

21. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  22. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    #47 Rickdog, Jun 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
    For that to happen, Chile must agree to play with Ireland, first.
    Chile is not playing with Ireland , but their Northen brothers instead (North Ireland, that is).
    ;)

23. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Not really.
    Chile will play Northern Ireland.

Corrección "a lo Rickdog":D:eek::whistling:

MetroChile and Rickdog repped this.
  24. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Debes ser el alma de la fiesta.

Ojalá no se lesiona nadie. Yo jugaria con los otros 11 que no jugaron vs Egipto.

ridv34 repped this.
  25. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Northern Ireland es Irlanda del Norte: "North Ireland", jamás había escuchado eso. Quizás ese sea el término a utilizar cuando la gente se refiere a la parte norte del país? Quién sabe.