Chile vs Bolivia June 10th [R]

Discussion in 'Group D - Argentina, Chile, Panama, Bolivia' started by sidspaceman, May 31, 2016.

1. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I totally forgot about that foul

2. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Time to move to Argentina vs Panama thread.:ROFLMAO::confused::ROFLMAO::cool::ROFLMAO::cool::ROFLMAO::confused::ROFLMAO::confused::D:confused:

3. PresidentClintonDempsey

Apr 1, 2016
    Deuce States of Mexicanada
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I'm going to the Argentina vs Panama thread. Messi not starting (again) and may not be playing in general. So much for the Centenario.

4. el escorpion

el escorpion Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That is obvius, an awful way to win.

5. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Hold on.. lemme pack my bags

Pipiolo repped this.
  6. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    the stadium is incredibly full, im amazed what the Messi figure can do

7. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Deportivo Independiente Miraflores
    Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Chile have become terrible. Pizzi totally ruined what was undoubtedly a world class side in 2014 and 2015. So bad I can actually see Panama beating them. As for Bolivia, they played their hearts out. What a goal from Jhasmani Campos. Was it a penalty? No, it wasn't in my opinion. It just sums up what a joke the officiating has been the whole tournament.

2 wins in 6 post Sampaoli.

Christina99 repped this.
  8. JamieFox

JamieFox Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    I don't recall Chile having a good penalty shout - was that went Sanchez was going left to right and went down left side of the penalty area about 15-16 yards out? I wasn't convinced although would have been good to see more than 1 reply. Again, I only saw 1 reply of that one. Sometimes a different angle gives a different perspective.

9. ifsteve

ifsteve Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Jul 7, 2013
    MS and ID
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not a tough call at all. That is not a hand ball in any way shape or form. Joke.

10. PeanutFlush

PeanutFlush Member

Jul 8, 2009
    NoVa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was also a handball in the first half that was more obviously a penalty than the one that was called.

If nothing else, hopefully this ends Marrufo's international career. He should have been banned from reffing years ago, he was suspended for a year once for his corruption. He's a complete embarrasment.

Boloni86 repped this.
  11. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yes.. don't even remind me of what happen to Ecuador vs Brazil

12. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    Which pretty much proves it wasn't.;)

13. JamieFox

JamieFox Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    I think people are overstating how bad Chile are. They have the same players, are playing in a similar way. They have got a bit worse for some reason. It's too early to judge the new coach on 2 narrow defeats to Argentina and some poor performances in friendlies, but if they don't make the semi final here I might be tempted to agree.

14. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    New coach...... Since last year

15. Ezto

Ezto Member

Jun 27, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Bad game for Chile. I hope we would have lost to get rid of this shit coach.

16. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Deportivo Independiente Miraflores
    Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Friends with Chemo Del Solar, and managed together at Colon. They even look the same. Its no wonder why he's terrible :p

17. JamieFox

JamieFox Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    The bigger concern for Chile is the long term trend. Look at the ages of their core group of best players

Bravo - 33
    Mena - 27
    Isla - 27
    Sanchez - 27
    Vidal - 29
    Vargas - 26
    Beasejour - 32
    Medel - 28
    Jara - 30
    Aranguiz - 27
    Diaz - 29

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copa_América_Centenario_squads#Chile

They are all at or close to their peak age. This is a generation that started with the 2010 world cup qualifying campaign (the 2010 world cup team featured about half or more of the same players), and some of these players may choose to retire after the 2018 world cup (assuming Chile qualify, which could be close) or the next Copa America after that. Add 6 years to the above players' ages to get their ages during the 2022 world cup. They'll all be past their peak by then, or retired even.

The problem is that Chile do not have any young players coming through. They are currently in something of a golden generation by Chilean standards. By the 2019 Copa America and 2022 world cup qualifying Chile will likely be weaker than now.

I could see Chile qualifying for 2018 world cup just about - perhaps by the last space in the playoff. 2022 maybe not.

Pipiolo repped this.
  18. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    A bad result is not enough to get him sacked.
    Chile's Federation, currently, is completely broke and doesn't have enough money to pay no one out.

Unfortunately, we are stuck with Pizi still this cycle is over

posteador repped this.
  19. nick p

nick p Member+

Jul 11, 2009
    Baltimore Maryland
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the new language of the handball rule is leading that decision being right - then the language needs looking at again

20. Ohiginiano

Ohiginiano Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    El Teniente Stadium
    Club:
    O Higgins Rancagua
    Our generation problem looks the same as the Colombian National team during the 90s(Rincon , Valderrama, Aspirlla, etc) THis current generation of players will be around 30 by the 2018( assuming that we will qualify for it)
    After that, the future does not look promising.

21. Gringo Ecuatoriano

Jun 15, 2015
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Yeah what the hell happened to Chile? They're playing as sluggish and disorganized as Claudio Borghi's Chile and playing just as shit. Not used to seeing this Chile , they looked at times like they were being dominated by Bolivia .

Christina99 repped this.
  22. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Chile was actually worse than this.. Don't you remember the Chile from 2000 - 2002. I don't know how old you were at the time.. but I was like 6 - 8 during those three years.. and I definitely remember Chile losing lots of games.. and I definitely also remember Ecuador's first qualification to the World cup in 2002.. those are my earliest memories of Futbol! I remember crying of joy, watching my mom cry of joy.. I cry right now just thinking about it.

Gringo Ecuatoriano repped this.
  23. Gringo Ecuatoriano

Jun 15, 2015
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    . Oh I know Chile was garbage in the last years of Marcelo salas and bam bam zamorano but I meant I haven't seen a shitty rejuvenated Chilean squad with guys like Sanchez and Vidal since the Borghi coaching days. The Chile were used to is the 2013 post Borghi Chilean team.

fafaco repped this.
  24. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Actually, since this same year. Pizzi asumed in February 2016, one month before March WC qualifiers.
    Sampaoli abandoned (he quit) the team, almost with the change of the year, in January.

25. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    In the end Pizzi stopped experimenting and stuck with the style this team was used to. I must admit I am pleasantly surprised. Managers tend to be a foolhardy bunch. He saw the error of his ways and got us back on track.