CHILE-España, 18 de Junio en Río de Janeiro (Mundial 2014) [R]

Discussion in 'Chile: Selecciones Nacionales' started by JAIME CHILE, Dec 6, 2013.

1. toepunt

toepunt Member

Aug 24, 2003
    North America
    Yeah, llamemos a Sampaoli para ponerlo en su lugar. El Mercurio dice que Carmona está lesionado!

2. freeestyler

freeestyler Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Unfortunatelly Carmona is injured :(

3. chewie4917

chewie4917 Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Just some points for this game:
    1. The Dutch players (especially midfielders) constantly harassed Spain. They bullied them physically whenever they could. They let Spain maintain a lot of possession in 'safe areas' but rallied close and hounded them whenever they tried to penetrate the Dutch defensive zone.
    2. In addition, they (Dutch) also had one or two midfielders who were always prepared to close the gaps in front of the last line. Chile would benefit from starting a defensive midfielder this time. If Carmona is unavailable, Silva would be a sound option.
    3. Vidal is only useful in a fixture like this if he can work hard to cover ground; Chile can't afford another repeat of his game one performance. Sampaoli has to get tough with Vidal and make him realise that he is just one other player like everyone else in the squad and bring him down to earth for this encounter by keeping him on the bench and giving him a specific role to play if it is decided that he is to come on as a substitute.
    4. When the Dutch created scoring chances, they made sure to make them count. Vargas needs to be a factor.
    5. Valdivia’s moments of brilliance occur sporadically between 15-30 minutes. I don’t think that he offers anything more if he is played in both 45-minute periods. I think that he should either start and play the first half only or come on in the last 20-30 minutes.
    6. Lastly, the way to win the midfield battle is not to win more possession, but to harass the Spanish midfielders at every ball and make key passes. Chile has the guys to do this in midfield, and they need to start. The Germany game was a good indicator.

MetroChile and freeestyler repped this.
  4. freeestyler

freeestyler Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Chile have to play like in the game against Germany. The problem is, that the team is physically not in the same condition and it would be very difficult to keep a high pressing level 90 minutes! But if we look on the deffensive problems from the last 3 games, that's the only way to fix them- playing with 3 at the back and starting without Valdivia. Mena and Isla as DL and DR are not working well in the offensive.

I personally would start with Medel-Jara-Albornoz and Gato as DM on the place of El Mago(because of the injury of Carmona, otherwise I would preffer Gato in the back line and Carmona as a DM).

5. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Según el MercurioValpo, Silva va de titular y analizando otras fuentes de información, al parecer Sampaoli optaría por utilizar una línea de 3: Medel, Silva, Albornoz, o sea saldría perjudicado Jara. Lo positivo - a medias - es que Sampaoli también descartaría ya sea a Vidal o a Aránguiz. Ojalá que decida por banquear al primero.

6. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Also Jean has to start (I know, I know, I've said it a million times, but he is one of the few who can run for 90+).

Radu Razvan and freeestyler repped this.
  7. chewie4917

chewie4917 Member

Sep 10, 2011
    I expect 1 or 2 red cards to be given in this game. There is a lot to play for and emotions will be running high.

8. pololo

pololo Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Sweden/Stockholm
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    So?
    Anyone heard about the possible lineup on this match?
    I heard Sampaoli will keep playing with a three line defence and that Vidal will be a starter(oh here we go again..)

Im doubtful about Sampaolis tactics, just the fact that he can't bench Vidal shows his questionable character.

9. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Why does it show his questionable character? If he is fit, he will play, not much to analyze. As for tactics, I dont believe anything till I see the 11 going in.

10. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    I've predicted this before you, I've even got some money on it. :p

11. toepunt

toepunt Member

Aug 24, 2003
    North America
    ¿Quien se cambia camiseta?

12. pololo

pololo Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Sweden/Stockholm
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    That's what they said the last time before the Australia game, that he was "fit". And we saw what happened to that, didn't do crap in the game.

I say it's better too let him in the second half instead of having him in the starting 11.

13. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    That he didnt do crap doesnt mean he wasnt fit. IF he feels the same as vs Australia then he should go in second half, but i reckon he is better.

14. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Nosotros de blanco vs España & Holanda-

15. chewie4917

chewie4917 Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Well, win, lose or draw, if we see 1 red card, I suppose one could say that we still win.

I wish I had found some site that had betting options for boots used in this world cup, because I think I could've won big. I predicted very few to no black boots worn by players in most games (none that I could see during the Belgium-Algeria contest). Plenty of fluorescent yellow, pink and light blue combos, orange, lime green, red and white, but it seems like there's no love for the black boots anymore. How times have changed.

16. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Esta todo arreglado para mañana.

17. Ezto

Ezto Member

Jun 27, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Finally its here. A game where the team can prove what they are made of. I am very excited about this game and glad we got this group. Lets prove we are serious contenders or GTFO.

Persona and MetroChile repped this.
  18. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
  19. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I second your thoughts.

20. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Medel, Silva, Jara..Isla on the right flank and Mena on left. Silva will play as CB, or DM?

21. freeestyler

freeestyler Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Yes, it's the perfect decision for me. Chile played with the same tactic against Germany and it worked very well.
    CB

Radu Razvan repped this.
  22. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000
    Game on guys.... good luck to us all

Radu Razvan and Yañez repped this.
  23. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club: