Children's Mercy Park / New Member Info

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by vividox, Apr 7, 2011.

1. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    This thread is here to welcome newcomers to our board and provide some feedback for some Frequently Asked Questions.

We are happy to welcome the hoards of new Sporting Kansas City fans to our forum, but we do ask that you know and understand the rules of the message board.

BigSoccer Links:
    Terms of Service
    Read Me Before You Post

If you have any questions, please use the forum's search feature to see if your questions have already been asked. We have a very knowledgeable group of guys and gals here, so chances are your questions have already been discussed at length. Here are a few quick links to get you started:

Sporting KC Links:
    Virtual Venue
    Parking Information

2. Moufwash

Moufwash New Member

May 26, 2009
    Prairie Village
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    initial membership benefits:
    http://www.sportingkc.com/news/2011/02/membership-letter-robb-heineman

3. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  5. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is a better link. The parking link I had to the website didnt have the map up.

6. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have gotten this question a lot so it may be worth adding:

If you claimed a free ticket through the membership portal, you claim your ticket at the tent setup on the sidewalk outside the Member's Club entrance which is at the northeast corner of the stadium. You will either need your membership card or your user id and password so that you can get a temp card. In addition, you will need a picture id.

I am not 100% on this but I have been told that you can start claiming your tickets at 4:30 and if they are not claimed by 6:30 they will be released to the public for sale.

7. Ihateusernames

May 16, 2007
    Merriam, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unless they moved it, that's the SE corner.

8. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Totally isn't.

9. YilmazOrhan

YilmazOrhan Well Brian, I hit it first time...

Jun 18, 2006
    Suburbia, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, the way the building sits, it's really just the East corner. But it is the point where the "East" (outside wall faces SE) and "North" (outside wall faces NE) stands come together.

OK, pedant mode off.

10. Ihateusernames

May 16, 2007
    Merriam, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll give you that one.

11. uncre8tv

uncre8tv Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Shreveport, LA (temporarily displaced from KC)
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone have a sales pitch for the seats in 2012? I'm looking for details on just what benefits each section comes with. Why are the Budweiser seats so expensive? What does the center West section get you aside from access to a lounge with expensive food and drink options? Simply putting out a price list with no notes is frustrating for someone who would consider a higher price level if there were tangible benefits. I don't consider a chance to buy $9 beer in a glassed in lounge to be a benefit when I'm at the stadium to see the match. I can go experience a bar atmosphere elsewhere (or use my membership to get into the members lounge - do they allow that on gameday when your ticket isn't for the members stand?)

Sorry if this is the wrong section, please let me know.

12. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I honestly do not know where that is listed but I can share what know. I think maybe you have to go to the virtual stadium and highlight each sectoin with the mouse to get the benefits. But, I would recommend calling the office and talking to a representative. Mike Milhem is mine and I highly recommend him, he will take care of you.

As far as the different seats, I believe the Budweiser seats come with food and drink and you get a great view along with a table and chairs rather than your standard seat. You also have a bar right behind your section and I think you may get a waiter but not completely sure.

The Shield Club gets you wider seats with a leather pad, access to the club that is fully air conditioned with different food and drink options you do not have in other areas of the stadium. However, you do have to pay for all the food and drinks. Like i said in another thread, I dont care for this section but it seems they have a wait list for it so some people do. If you dont care about being able to go hang out in the club, the cost of the seats probably are not worth it.

The Field Club seats give you seats on the field and all you can eat and drink plus you get access to an area under the seats and get to see the players come in and out. I think there may be some other benefits but not sure.

South End is general admission seating and you get nothing extra other than the standard STH benefits.

The different east stand seating options are about as normal as the seats get in the stadium. You pay an average price for the seat and just the normal STH benefits. I sit in section 128 about halfway down the section and I love my seats. The view is perfect as it is close to the middle and I am high enough up to see everything going on and the section is mostly season ticket holders so you get to sit by knowledgable people that are into the game.

The member's Club gets you admission to the MC that offers cheaper beer and food than elsewhere in the stadium. The seats are general admission and bleachers versus seats.

13. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mods - you might want to move this discussion to the All Inclusive Stadium thread.

14. Gmac Daddy

Gmac Daddy New Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I am trying to figure out what the font SKC uses...I am working on a little project for the Mrs. and need to typeset something...

Your help is appreciated!

15. broder

broder Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Mission
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe it is a modified Agency font

16. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just read that the Chiefs are adopting the season ticket card this year. They will also get a 15% discount on merchandise when using the card at the stadium shop. Now there's a novel idea. We accumulate points that will eventually get us...........what, anybody know yet? Would love to be able to spend some of those points on merchandise at the stadium store, since I am already spending quite a bit of $ there anyway. I really hope they get this program moving forward by mid-season so that we actually get to use these points and coins for something.

17. xilitla1972

xilitla1972 Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Austin
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Question from a Dynamo fan (transplanted in NY): Is Livestrong the best stadium in MLS? It certainly seemed to cost a fortune. I know this may sound rude, but believe me I don't mean it to be. $200 million for a stadium in KC seems super extravagant (construction cost, previous club support, local corporate $$$, etc.). Is it uber-awesome? Certainly looks top class on TV.

Conversely, will San Jose's be the biggest letdown for a new stadium? $60 million in cost-inflated California seems to be a pittance, perhaps equal to $40 million elsewhere.

I interested in visiting the best MLS stadia. Thinking KC, NY, LA, HOU.

18. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ask this question on the Dynamo board. They had a decent contingent here a few weeks ago.

19. Oobers

Oobers Member+

Oct 17, 2011
    Boise
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    There's a lot of that cost that the fans don't see, like the $4,000 locker room chairs.

20. TheSmokingPun

TheSmokingPun Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And the Victory Suite. You don't realize how ritzy the joint is til you're chowing down on some artisan pizza right out of the oven in the suite, sippin' on scotch from the custom bar while sitting in a driver's style comfy seat.

21. IndyMac

IndyMac Member

Nov 2, 2008
    Evansville, Indiana
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The 2013 season ticket package includes 20 games, what are the other games in the package?

22. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They have included 20 games ever since they increased the schedule to 17 home games. They could be friendlies, US Nat games, or playoffs. Basically, whatever the team decides they will be.

23. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It'll be the same as this year's and last year's, 17 league games and 3 special games. This year the Special game A was the 3 USOC games at home other than the final, Special Game B was the Stoke friendly, and Special game C was the Montpellier friendly.

Next year I wouldn't be surprised to see 1 be the USOC games again, and another be for our two group matches in the CCL.

24. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I've been to every MLS stadium with the exception of RSL, Crew, and Quakes, so I'll give you my honest opinion.

The top two in my opinion are NYRB and Livestrong in no particular order. I'm not too sure that I like the walkway that is above the Cauldron end of the stadium - but that minor thing is evened out by the supporters club which is a great place to go after the game. RedBull is a very nice stadium, but the location sux.

But if you want an upclose intimate experience in watching a game, then BBVA Compass cannot be beat. There's not a bad seat in the place.

Fans - with the exceptions of those Cauldron folks who showered me and my camera gear in premium beer following the 93 minute equalizer this past Friday - SKC fans are just about the most agreeable and welcoming in the entire league.

25. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thread title edit....