Pre-match: Chievo vs Napoli @StadioMarc'AntonioBentegodi

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Insigne4BalonD'or, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Can anyone tell me why maggio was subbed in? Was rui injured because if not what a stupid decision. And against a chievo playing everyone behind the ball, where is the logic in playing useless callejon instead of someone that can dribble in ounas.
    I didn't even know inglese was on the pitch until he was subbed off

Sacki repped this.
  2. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Rui only had enough to last around 60 mins. inglese playing must have been weird for him cause had he scored his napoli career wouldve been over before it began.

Sarri needs to use Ounas more. today I honestly think Mertens shouldnt have started not callejon.. mertens was just dead today, dead

Retrosword repped this.
  3. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Me neither. But aren’t you just excited? What a coup by ADL. He promised a big name in summer.

Retrosword repped this.
  4. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Both Sarri and ADL are to blame. Sarri should have tried something new.

But we simply have no depth.

Roma are back as well and possibly only 2 points behind us if they beat Sampdoria. Their squad looks better than ours. EDF has surprisingly done very well.

5. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Please dela sign Giovinco. or someone like him who can do the job

Star-Lord repped this.
  6. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #31 CarecaNapoli, Nov 5, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
    We need two wingbacks and a top striker.

7. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Roma's rotation forwards actually score goals whn they play.... Same with Juve
    ours dont even play or exist

8. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Chievo should be relegated. Disgusted how they play at home. They were just out there for a goalless draw.

9. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We have no one other than Ounas who is a young unproven player. It is much more on ADL.

10. Star-Lord

Star-Lord Member+

Aug 10, 2014
    Uranus
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I say ******** Europe at this point and focus on the league.

cipro and Il Ciuccio repped this.
  11. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Agreed but Sarri can work around that better. Rog can play striker or on the wing, allan and ounas can both play right wing...

today our forwards were useless because of fatigue, despite Insigne fought his best

12. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Allan is horrible in dribbling and passing. He cannot be right winger.

Agree Rog and Ounas should have been tested.

But please look at Juve, Roma and Inter subs in attack.

I am going to be honest. I don’t see us as credible title contenders until we buy

1. A top right back (what we all wanted in summer)

2. A top Callejon replacement (what we all wanted in summer)

Look for alternatives to the Milik / Ghollum injuries. But it should not deflect from the fact that we need to very good players on the right.

13. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    you are describing callejon too

Retrosword and CarecaNapoli repped this.
  14. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    12 games (10 wins, 2 draws) and if Roma and Lazio win their games we are only 2 points ahead of fifth which would be Inter.

These games must be won. And we dropped vital points.

Gap in Serie A is too wide to get only 1 point in Verona.

15. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So who should replace him if he fails this season?

EDF and Inzaghi won’t leave Rome.

Is Giampaolo going to be better or also provincial?

I have lost faith in Montella.

Sacki repped this.
  16. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    If he leaves? Giampaolo

17. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Sarri is going nowhere. He has too much potential. Basically a money-making machine for Dela.

Sarri deserves better players than Maggio and Giak on the bench and better players than Callejon and Hysaj in his starting XI

Allan and Rog are good rotation players with Rog having a lot of potential (he should play more imo). But right now we need a better player than what Allan offers in our starting XI, here I think Milinkovic-Savic, Khedira, Nainggolan and Vecino are just much better - which are our opponents' version of Allan.

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  18. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I know but he won’t get them.

19. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And you think Giampaolo is not going to be provincial?

Sacki repped this.
  20. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Just enjoy how we play. Remember what this team used to be under Rafa? And he even had Mertens and Higuain in his squad in their best age.

21. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    People want Sarri gone ? jesus christ.... He is probably the best manager we have had since we came back to Serie A....

Though I am worried I am glad Sepe had a good game....

We got to show more or else this season will end with no trophies...

22. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I also don’t see who csn do remotely as well.

23. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Sarri is one of the best coaches in the world. He can't leave and in fact I'd give him a raise and extend his contract. Draws away from home happen, it's draws/losses at home that can't be happening. I'm more upset about the home draw with Inter than this one.

We have what ? 32 points after 12 games? We need 45 after 19 min. 4 wins and a draw from the remaining 7 games. Every point more after that and we're doing extra to allow ourselves a slip up in the 2nd half.

I'm still confident 90 points is enough for the title. Lazio won't keep up, There haven't been many top of the table clashes between the top 5.

Roma 1-3 Inter
    Roma 0-1 Napoli
    Napoli 0-0 Inter
    Juventus 1-2 Lazio
    Lazio 1-4 Napoli

Almost all of the top 5 clashes involved us. It's not like we have an extremely tough finish to the end of the 1st round. We will hopefully regroup in January with a winger (Verdi), full back (Vrsalkjo) and striker (Inglese) not to mention Milik will be back in late January.

CarecaNapoli and Sacki repped this.
  24. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #49 Sacki, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    completely agree.

However I think its fair to criticize Sarri and Napoli's season in generel. You say the league will be decided on who is better at beating the lower ranked teams and I partially agree, but here I think we are really lacking and this season alone we have been getting lucky with a couple of the matches - most of the wins only 1-3 players have turned up, others have been due to complete and utter scrappy or random goals. We have problems actually creating big chances against these provincial bus parkers.
    We have too many players who dont do fuk all in these matches and you normally shouldnt be able to win the Scudetto like that - what have Callejon or Hysaj (Allan to an extent) ever done/created in games like these? What has Hamsik done this season compared to last season? Short answer = nothing.

I'm just gonna try listing some of our meatings with the shit teams this season

Atalanta, win - we lookeed bad until Zielinski's one in a million volley
    SPAL, win - Ghoulam became Messi to save us
    Genoa, win - Mertens became Messi to save us
    Sassuolo, win - all the goals we scored were unintentional
    Chievo, draw - I recall Callejon having a small chance but that's it.

in 5/9 games against shit teams this season we havent even looked very dominant. However we've won 4 and drew 1 of them, but who's to say that'll keep up?
    I hate saying this but sometimes when I watch Juve play they just bomb these shit teams with crosses and a billion runs into their box neglecting their own defensive duties, with the way things are looking they won't lose many more points.

Our biggest problem is we try to play like Barcelona (even more than Barcelona do) every match meaning we have to win like them, but instead of having Messi to scrape home the wins that shouldn't have been wins we have..... Callejon. I could name more shit on that right hand side of ours.

Insigne and Mertens are both class players but they cant get you your 90 points by themselves.

My point is we gotta step up - we cant keep expecting to get 3 points out of the blue.

Also Rog and Ounas deserve real chances since they havent gotten any this season, and its not like its Messi and Vidal out there keeping them away from playing time

Retrosword and CarecaNapoli repped this.
  25. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    To an extent I agree about what you're saying. I agree with critizing Sarri, (my post was for the people who wanted Sarri out). Also agree with Rog and Ounas getting more opportunities.

Where i'm a little off is the scraping wins against Atalanta, SPAL, Genoa and Sassuolo.

We were the better team in all of the games. Spal had only 2 shots on target and they both went in. Against Genoa we had 4 of the top 5 rated players, Taraabt scored on their first shot I think. Against Sassuolo they were just plain bad, I know our goals were off of their mistakes but they did absolutely nothing offensively to deserve anything, they 1 damn shot on target and it went in.

If anything, these games that have been close, have been close due to Reina, not because we played poorly but because Reina's shot to goal percentage is horrible.