Chicago Magic vs. Sockers FC Chicago [Part 5]

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by Twenty26Six, May 30, 2010.

1. y.o.n.k.o

y.o.n.k.o Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    That may be true about it being rough on the kids. However, the decisions were most likely made by their parents, albeit influenced by outside sources and circumstances perhaps. Still, despite all that, credit to the young players for still finding the way to compete hard and play good all the way to the end. Also credit to the coach for still doing his work with them and achieving National success for Eclipse on the boys side.

2. UofIneedssoccer

Nov 3, 2009
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    agreed

3. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Agreed - pretty crappy to do to the kids.

My kid and another player was playing with the Magic and my team all through Spring and I still managed to keep things minimally quiet.

Too bad.

4. UofIneedssoccer

Nov 3, 2009
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Yonko Saw a very nice game of football the other night. It does not matter who won or lost but it was the Fire - Magic U13 y-league game . Vwey nice playing form both teams. Defense well at best interesting the passing the speed and the ability to try to figure out when to pass or play the ball was very very nice. With the Sockers and these two teams we in Illinois will have a lot to watch and enjoy in the upcoming years

5. Anonymous Coward

Anonymous Coward New Member

Jul 31, 2009
    NJ
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2010 Eclipse Select Challenge Cup-

Where are the brackets?

6. soccerdad18

soccerdad18 New Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago
    Re: 2010 Eclipse Select Challenge Cup-

Tournament Bills: Sarah Uyenishi sarah.uyenishi@gmail.com

Tournament By Invite Only!

August 13th-15th, 2010
    -All games played at the beautifully manicured Libertyville Township Soccer Complex
    -U12-U14 Girls Teams

ask her

7. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas

Dennis is coming

@TigresFB Se confirma un convenio entre Fuerzas Basicas de Tigres y Chicago Magic de Estados Unidos, les informamos mas adelante de esta noticia..

8. Morpman

Morpman New Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Club:
    Kalamazoo Outrage
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Could you explain?

9. Morpman

Morpman New Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Club:
    Kalamazoo Outrage
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Sorry, could you explain the Dennis is coming reference and what type of alliance is contemplated. Thanks.

10. soccer72

soccer72 Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Club:
    Hull City AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
  11. Isaidthat

Isaidthat Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Probably another merger for Magic and another crappy foreign league pro team and a coach no one in Chicago cares about?? Does Monaco ring a bell!:eek: Cause I want my kid playing in Mexico.

12. Marbelle18

Marbelle18 New Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Rockford, IL
    Not to get too off the subject but because I am at the point where I can no longer stand it - can someone tell me the good and bad about Magic North program - have some boy U-12's looking for alternatives and we figure we might as well start now instead of waiting until next spring! any info would be extremely helpful!

13. oldguysrule

oldguysrule New Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Question about Magic at U15/U16. I can't figure out what is the difference between Magic and Magic Highland Park above U14? Somebody in the family is curious but I am trying to figure out where Magic trains. I did not want to sign up for a commitment that we would not be able to meet because of commuting distance. I searched the thread and folks suggested looking at the calendar on the Magic website. However, as I read the calendar from last year, it has two indoor training calendars and multiple outdoor calendars from the spring. Where does the Magic Academy train? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

14. DECOSUP

DECOSUP New Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Last year the academy trained outside at Schaumberg and inside at Highland Park Bubble. I'm not sure, but they may have been at COD also for some outdoor training...my son was old enough to drive himself.

15. soccerdad18

soccerdad18 New Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago
    You can start the process of joining the #1 club in the Chicago-land by attending a tryout in any of our U15 and above sessions. If you are selected, we then will ask you to join our program. Once in the Chicago Magic program, the next step of evaluation takes place including possible placement into our Academy program​

The Academy is a pool out of south/hp teams with a different training locations throughout the week/season.

Call the info number.

16. y.o.n.k.o

y.o.n.k.o Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nice advertising! What's for dessert? :D

17. Marbelle18

Marbelle18 New Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Rockford, IL
    Yonko - I think he was replying to my questions - he wasn't "advertising"

18. y.o.n.k.o

y.o.n.k.o Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I know that, but it kind of looked like advertising. Anyway, I was just trying to make a joke. I guess it didn't work.......Are you asking about Magic North or Magic HP?

19. Marbelle18

Marbelle18 New Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Rockford, IL
    Magic North - just trying to avoid the "May/June omg I need to find a new club" scramble

20. soccerdad18

soccerdad18 New Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago
    Nike Cup Results:Winners

U9 Cup-Magic Hp Classic- Magic South

U10 Cup- Sockers beat Magic HP, Classic-Magic South

U11 Cup- Sockers over Magic HP, Classic- neither team

U12 Cup- Magic South over Sockers, Classic- Magic South (U11s)

U13 Premier-Sockers, Cup-Sockers W over Magic HP 2nd team
    U13 Classic- Magic HP Black 12's over Sockers Cup 12's

U14 Cup- Magic South, Classic- Magic HP over Sockers

sidenote-Magic HP 13's Black won Libertyville's October Fest over GLSA Orange team

Magic=8 Sockers=4

Good games...not much from Fire

21. TheClockworkOrange

Jun 20, 2008
    I love that right under this is an article about a club in California about not making w's and l's the focus at the younger ages...

22. soccerdad18

soccerdad18 New Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago
    unfortunately it is what it is...I was simply posting results.

Just to point out- an orange club that had a tournament this weekend also posted scores for 8's & 9's and designated "champions" on the results page for 10's.

23. y.o.n.k.o

y.o.n.k.o Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Correction, you were not posting results - you were posting "winners". Either way, I'm sure that posting "results" and/or "winners" by you or some "orange club" will impress someone. After all, isn't that the purpose of these tournaments? (sarcasm)

I'm just wondering, do Sockers and Magic need a tournament to play their teams against each other? Could they just schedule "friendly" games for their various age groups or would that not have the same bragging rights power? Don't they play enough against each other in the league?

24. soccerdad18

soccerdad18 New Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago
    You are correct once again- I was posting results and inadvertently titled it "winners" :)

The boards have been boring and I was trying to bump an old thread...which is why I took the time to look up the results.

"I'm just wondering, do Sockers and Magic need a tournament to play their teams against each other? Could they just schedule "friendly" games for their various age groups or would that not have the same bragging rights power? Don't they play enough against each other in the league? "

They do play each other quite a bit in the league...I guess it just goes to show you that if each of the clubs continue to have teams in the finals of most age groups, the development has to be coming from somewhere.

But as you know-these tournaments have teams that travel from all over the place to attend. Why is it that most of the finalists come from these 2 clubs in particular.

I'm sure some of it (development) comes from smaller clubs in the beginning...but in order to keep the kids challenging themselves in practices (against other kids of similar talent) it seems that they would naturally gravitate to one of the big 3 eventually. Kind of the nature of the beast I guess.

Anyways with the academies starting practices I'm sure the boards will be on fire soon-no pun intended.@import "http://diacache.daylife.com/_static/release-46080/v2/css/daylife/thickbox.css";

25. Marbelle18

Marbelle18 New Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Rockford, IL
    SoccerDad - Love you number ;) All my favorite people in the world wear it