Chicago Magic vs. Sockers FC Chicago [Part 5]

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by Twenty26Six, May 30, 2010.

1. UofIneedssoccer

Nov 3, 2009
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    I am not sure if you are correct . Once you become a FT you cannot go down to a DP . The rule was that once you play 6 games as a DP you cold not play anymore games unless you were to become a FT. This has caused some issues with the roster

2. the Next Level

Mar 18, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Unless the rules changed this year, a player can be changed in roster designation until the roster freeze date. Last year there were a couple of FT players dropped to DP.

3. UofIneedssoccer

Nov 3, 2009
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    10. Roster:
    a. Initial Roster: Academy Staff shall set a date for setting the official Academy
    Team Rosters prior to each team’s first game. Each Academy Club must submit a Master Rosters for its
    U-15/16 and U-17/18 teams totaling a minimum of 36 full time players. This does not include
    developmental players; for which there is no limit. There is no maximum number of full time players
    required for an Academy Master Roster provided an Academy Team does not violate the Minimum Start
    Requirement.
    b. Full Time Player Adds: Clubs will have three ‘add blocks’ during the season at
    which time up to four players may be added as full time (either adding a brand new full time player or
    moving a developmental player to full time status)
    Block 1: Initial Registration Deadline for clubs through October 15, 2012
    Block 2: October 16 through January 31, 2013
    Block 3: February 1 through March 31, 2013
    Any leftover adds from each time block will not carry over from each period.
    d. Player Transfers: Transfer of a player from one Academy Team to another shall
    be treated like any other add. A player who wishes to transfer to a new Academy Team must obtain a
    release from his original Academy Club before transferring. If the original Academy Club does not agree
    to release the player (and the player will not meet the 25% star requirement), the transfer will be allowed
    and the player must sit at least 3 games, plus any head-to-head matches that season. In all other
    circumstances, the Academy Club has the discretion to release or not release the player during the
    Academy Season, players may not train or otherwise participate with a Development Academy team that
    they are not officially rostered with prior to approval of a transfer request. If a player trains with another
    Academy Team prior to receiving a release, he will not be permitted to transfer to that Academy club.
    Releases must be sent to Academy Staff. Academy Staff shall review and have the authority to approve
    or deny a transfer of a player in all circumstances. Regardless of the scenario, any transfer player will sit
    all head-to-head fixtures between former and current club regardless of being released by his previous
    club. If there are no head to head fixtures that remain in the current season, the player will be eligible to
    participate pending any other suspensions to serve.
    e. Developmental Players: A Developmental Player must be a currently registered
    player on an Academy Club’s non-Academy Team and must have been registered with that Academy
    Club between August 1 and January 31 of current Academy Seasonal year. Developmental Players
    registered after February 1, 2013 with an Academy Team will require proof of membership with the
    Academy Club at some point between August 1, 2012 and January 31, 2013. Developmental Players
    may not be registered with any two different clubs at the same time during the Academy Seasonal year.
    The Developmental Player will not be subject to the Minimum Start Requirement. A Development Player
    must be registered in accordance with all registration guidelines. A Developmental Player may appear in
    a maximum of six (6) Academy games per season. Developmental Players cannot participate in the
    Academy Playoffs or Finals Week and are not eligible for year end awards. Developmental Players can.
    From reading this you cannot drop you can go up,

4. the Next Level

Mar 18, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Ok it clearly does not state that FT players cannot be changed designation. Indeed they have been for years... definitely at Fire and Magic. This I can tell you for a fact.

5. SockerIsLife

SockerIsLife Member

May 1, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    After having lost all the Academy teams from their state cup, and having lost all of the top clubs from the U15/U14/U13 to NPL, away from MRL, and further seeing a lot of the best clubs playing in the Premiership in NISL, the IYSA is really struggling to find relevance outside of the community program. ODP has become not nearly as competitive either. All of their money makers are denuded of the best teams/talent. Too little too late. Yet now they've announced a silly new league with a fancy new name, that will have watered down talent in the U15 - U18 groups. Not that some of the teams outside the Academy programs aren't good, but emphasis is on SOME (not very many that's for certain). While the IYSA was busy milking all the parents and clubs for money they left the keys to the store on the ground and US Club Soccer took over the shop. http://www.illinoisyouthsoccer.org/StatePremiershipDivision/index_E.html

6. UofIneedssoccer

Nov 3, 2009
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    I could not of said it better. It all started with the fake birth certificates from the community programs. IYSA let is go on too long. Now they are a shell of themselves, I could not be happier

SheHateMe repped this.
  7. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    OMG! Sockers finally got a new website!

8. 1goldeneagle

1goldeneagle Member

Aug 4, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago
    Chicago Magic has once again lost it's best trainer, IMO, at it's South location. Thats 4 quality trainers gone in the last 2.5 years, most of whom had the tile of DOC at the location at the time. OUCH

9. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Who left???

10. de Kromme

de Kromme Member

Jan 26, 2009
    Burbville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    KW.

11. illinisoccer

illinisoccer Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Not a surprise. He seems to have a short shelf life at every of the many clubs he has been at.

12. de Kromme

de Kromme Member

Jan 26, 2009
    Burbville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Seems like it. From all I've heard it's at least the 4th club he's left. Reports are always that he's a good trainer, but not a good or committed coach. Not personal opinion as I don't know him, just the "scuttlebutt".

13. illinisoccer

illinisoccer Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Off the top of my head, Oprf strikers, Bartlett, eclipse, spartan FC, magic

14. SockerIsLife

SockerIsLife Member

May 1, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Man, that's just a riot. What a strange follower of soccer you are. You've bothered to track a uLittle's coaching career through five clubs, what a loser, you sure you're not a stalker? That's just really lame man. uLittle's, come on, get a life.

15. illinisoccer

illinisoccer Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Or I have coached at the same club for 10 years and noticed how someone I played against seems to be coaching against me with a new club every year

16. de Kromme

de Kromme Member

Jan 26, 2009
    Burbville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Well played. :)

17. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Wow - I had to dig all the way to page three for this thread. Is that good???

Anyone hear how the 18 DA game went on Friday?

UofIneedssoccer repped this.
  18. UofIneedssoccer

Nov 3, 2009
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    It was a 1-1 tie U18. Magic U16 won and knocked the Sockers out of third place. Magic in both games was the better team in my opinion. U-16 kid from Wisc. I think is going to be the real deal very very good I have enjoyed watching him. U-18 Magic cannot find the back of the net and that has been the problem the second half of the year. I think it has been an interesting year for all the Chicago teams. I think the playoffs in Dallas , the Magic and Fire U18 will be hard pressed to advance. I think the Magic U-16 may surprise and the Fire is a good team . Beat of luck to all it has been a fun season.

SheHateMe repped this.
  19. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois

Thanks - heard the score but missed the game!

20. rhrh

rhrh Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Coaches moving around is not new. What would be a great idea for many of these teams is to hire BOTH great trainers and great coaches. The best trainers we have seen have been terrible coaches. The best coaches I have seen have been terrible trainers.

21. UofIneedssoccer

Nov 3, 2009
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Congrats to the Magic and Fire sending both of their teams U16 and the U18 teams to DA playoffs only 10 teams had both of their teams make it to the playoffs. Coaches or players someone is doing something correct. Also the Sockers U16 team are also playing in the playoffs. Good Luck to all the men. Parents and Fans of Soccer in Chicago should be proud of these men they give up alot to try to be the best that they can be.

SheHateMe repped this.
  22. the Next Level

Mar 18, 2003
    Chicago, IL

And this must explain why Sockers U18 Academy boys showed up this week to play NPL NISL Cup Finals. Played a very good Magic NPL team who, on their third game in 3 days, were forced to play with a U15 GK. Sockers had nearly the total run of play by second half. Chances were even, but Sockers' keepers came up with excellent saves while Magic's was unable to deal with the pace. 3-1 Sockers.

This year Magic had the overflow of talent. Next year it will maybe be Sockers or Fire, but I would say Magic did a good job of not upsetting the apple cart. They just kept the Academy roster the same, and put the rest of the players on NPL. The Academy could really use the NPL's goal getters, but the club has stuck to its rosters. A good thing IMO as both teams are settled, happy, and headed to their respective national tournaments.

23. UofIneedssoccer

Nov 3, 2009
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Time to bring this thread back out of the dark ages.
    We have 3 quality teams playing this year in the DA.
    The Sockers are coming around with the Fire and Magic should make some very good youth soccer in
    the Chicago area.
    The Midwest Division is loaded with talent this year. The games are free and should provide some enjoyable soccer played by some very good young men. Would love to hear some thoughs about this upcoming year

24. SheHateMe

SheHateMe Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When are they going to have the rosters out.. games start this weekend right?

25. illinisoccer

illinisoccer Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    It looks like all but the u17-18 fire are up on the league website