Chicago Magic vs. Sockers FC Chicago [Part 5]

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by Twenty26Six, May 30, 2010.

1. UofIneedssoccer

Nov 3, 2009
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Hats off to the Fire 15/16 DA

2. Ball Buster

Ball Buster New Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Springfield Demize
    I tip my cap to them also. But why post Fire news here? Are you saying that the fire can only get any press in a sockers/magic thread? And posting anywhere else would be useless or wouldn't be seen by as many people???

3. FIRETILIDIE

FIRETILIDIE Member

Jan 5, 2007
    well done fire academy! :d

4. y.o.n.k.o

y.o.n.k.o Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Stop hating, Buster! If you don't like where people post news then become a moderator. Plus is not like there is anything newsworthy about Sockers or Magic lately. This thread (and all the previous parts of it) has always been about more than just Magic vs Sockers.

5. Soccerisnotlife

Aug 12, 2008
    There are very few kids who have played 100% of the time for one of these clubs. Many have jumped from at least one to another and we will see a lot more with almost the entire Fire DA u18s going to college. Although I have to admit that the Sockers do a great job of retaining their talent pools.

6. Ball Buster

Ball Buster New Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Springfield Demize
    I tip my cap to them and you call it hating?

7. y.o.n.k.o

y.o.n.k.o Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    You were hating on where the post was posted after the "I tip my cap to them" comment, which was washed away by the rest of your post. You've been told already by other members why people continue to post comments not directly related to Magic or Sockers in this thread. Yet you continue to attack people who comment on the Fire. And you are the only one who does that, haven't you noticed?

If it makes you feel better, I will give you some credit for tipping your cap to the Fire U16DA. :D;) BTW, what's the latest news on the Magic? I hear they have a lot of teams in HP now.

8. UofIneedssoccer

Nov 3, 2009
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Yes they do. The club continues to grow at a nice pace the new ownership seems to have saved the sinking ship. We will see in the
    coming years if it will stay afloat I think they will

9. Ball Buster

Ball Buster New Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Springfield Demize
    So do you mean that the Magic/Sockers is to Chicago Soccer what Kleenex is to facial tissue or Xerox is to copying? Truth be told, that makes sense to me.

10. UofIneedssoccer

Nov 3, 2009
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    I will not use any names and I do not like the mangement style of the owner. But when was the last time the two teams in this thread placed three teams in the finals of the finals Congrats and Good Luck they have all worked hard

11. misoccer15

misoccer15 New Member

Apr 27, 2010
    How about an Eclipse vs. everyone else in IL thread? Three teams in the national finals. Impressive.

12. UofIneedssoccer

Nov 3, 2009
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    I would say yes but I am going to make a prediction within three years this CLUB will be irrelevant. The 18 girls will go on to win the U-19 next year and that is it. They will have teams that show up on the radar from time to time but the run is over. All good businesses have a pipeline for the future not much in this pipeline for this club but like the magic sockers before them they have had a great run and deserve the credit good and bad for what has been accomplished

13. y.o.n.k.o

y.o.n.k.o Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Do you mean the Magic owner by any chance? What don't you like?

Impresive indeed, but I wouldn't go as far as saying Eclipse vs everyone else in IL. Maybe on the girls side, but Sockers FC have caught up already in some age groups.

I doubt about the U18 girls continuing next year as U19. Majority of the girls are going to colleges this fall already. Maybe the U17s will step it up next season and have one final push for Nationals. As for the U14 boys, you should already know what my opinion is - DAs are recruiting them heavily. :D

But hey, any success by an IL team is a good thing and deserves thumbs up. I just hope they play good soccer and good players come out of it as a result.

14. misoccer15

misoccer15 New Member

Apr 27, 2010
    I was being somewhat facetious with the "vs everyone else" comment--just looks that way today with three in national finals. I'll be interested to see about that three year prediction above. Here in Michigan some clubs/teams rise from time to time and then recede, but Wolves and Vardar soldier on as the big two. I follow the IL threads a little because that's who you often end up seeing in top competitions. It'll be even more so now that the Chicago teams are in the Great Lakes Academy division.

15. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    My daughter plays for the Magic and we're on vacation in Colorado. I ran into another U12 player - saw her at a marina with her parents and noticed the indoor shoes and so on. Turns out she's with the Tulsa Thunder and they were just aquired by the Dallas Texans. I explained how rigid of a program my daughter is on - she's actually playing up on U13 and U14 and they were suprised. I checked out the Dallas Texas site last night and wow! They are ranked pretty high.

I guess I am just surprised how well soccer is managing in Texas - what was mostly an American football state exclusively.

On another note - congrats to Ecplise and Sockers for their most recent efforts. May not be the Magic but they're from Illinois.

16. UofIneedssoccer

Nov 3, 2009
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    No not the Magic owner he is a good guy .

They 18'so to school but then they come back and play as 19's so I see no reason why they will not be back

17. y.o.n.k.o

y.o.n.k.o Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    The 18s Eclipse girls should have even bigger reason to comeback next year as they just lost the Nationals final the other day.

How about them U14 Eclipse boys, eh? Good for them and our state. I heard they played really well. Too bad they wont stay together though. Different sources have told me some of the boys are off to the Fire following their coach, and couple of boys went to FC United (???). Did Magic get some of the boys too?

18. respecthegame

respecthegame Member

May 1, 2010
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Why did Eclipse boys coach leave for Fire? Why leave before this season was over?

19. Whatyousay

Whatyousay New Member

Jul 23, 2010
    The upcoming U13s seem really good. Killed my daughter's team, which is a good club. I guess it would be their Libertyville location I'm referring to specifically.

20. y.o.n.k.o

y.o.n.k.o Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Hard to say exactly why he left. I've only heard that he wasn't happy with the Eclipse organization - whatever that means. Maybe the Fire gave him more money? I'm not aware he left before the end of the season, I only knew that his info was taken down from the website.

Yep, those U13 girls just got stronger with the addition of a few players from another very competitive team. However, I have my doubts how strong Eclipse will be on the boys side this season.

21. Whatyousay

Whatyousay New Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Question: What happens to the girls who don't get put on that club's top team when they consolidate (though I'm not sure they'll need to consolidate much--just keep the Libertyville team together) at U15, I think? There are a lot of good players in that club who won't make it. Do they stay on lower-tier teams there or do they flood the market and move to different clubs? I ask this as a parent of a good but not great player on a team at a strong club, where I bet many would move to...

Sorry...I know this is primarily a boys thread, but the convo got going here...

22. Ohmyu812

Ohmyu812 New Member

May 22, 2009
    can't answer your first question. second one is easy - he didn't. he was with the team all the way through nationals.

23. slsgdad

slsgdad New Member

Oct 23, 2008
    The coach may have been with the team thru Nationals, but I saw him at regionals coaching an Eclipse game and then saw him after the game wearing a Fire shirt, very strange. That's too bad if the team is splitting, especially after winning Nationals. Illinois has some very interesting soccer politics.

24. y.o.n.k.o

y.o.n.k.o Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Not only that, I heard he was coaching a Fire team already as well. Strangely, I don't see any info on him on the Fire websites. I believe the decision to split was made before even regionals.

25. slsgdad

slsgdad New Member

Oct 23, 2008
    That's rough on the kids, especially at that young age. Whether it be Illinois or any other state, the grass is not always greener.