Chicago Fire: I actually don't hate them?

Discussion in 'Bill Archer's Guestbook' started by Microwave, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999
    Last night I wanted Chicago to win. I despise them. But I wanted them to win because they have their own stadium and I didn't want to see any more Revs games on turn with NFL lines. I admit that Chicago runs a pretty good club over there....they have a nice stadium, advertisement on front of shirt (the revolution on NE's shirt is lame), they have a few quality players too (Blanco, McBride, Conde, Frankowski - is he still there? he was awesome about 7 years ago for Poland, Thorrington). If they got Thorton and Beasely back they would be the best club in MLS.

I still hate the MLS forum that is why I posted here. Allah Ackbar.

2. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    It's not just the football lines. The ball pings around on that turf like a super ball. The difference in the quality of the games between last night and the week before was incredible. I hope to God that Seattle has better turf than NE. A new team with a big fan base needs to see some decent soccer where the ball actually stays on the ground from time to time.

3. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Last I saw Thornton was a fat slob.

4. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999
    I typed "turn" but meant "turf". I hate turf with a passion and usually turn off the tv when turf games are on. MLs always takes 2 steps forward and 1 step back.

Seattle and Toronto with turf is disappointing.

5. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999
    Is he still in Norway or wherever he went? In my opinion he was the best keeper in MLS in the early part of this decade.

6. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is he being considered for the cabinet now?

7. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    He's with Chivas US.

8. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    To replace all those Regent College Law school dolts.

9. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999
    I think MLS teams should be allowed 3 DP players even though most teams only have 0 or 1 now. But the Galaxy need another one. Logic would dictate that they should get a hard nosed defender to shore up their leaky defence but I suggest going after Nedved. He's got to be retiring from Juventus soon, right? Think about having Beckham on one side and Nedved on the other whipping balls around the pitch. I also think they should get Abel Xavier back. If not Nedved I will take Figo but he seems older and slower and more injury prone.

I still think MLS should break the bank (the government can bail out MLS anyway) and get Robinho.

10. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999
    I am excited for the Crew-Fire game tomorrow. I really like Robbie Rodgers. I really like Justin Mapp. Two exciting young players. Should be an epic series.

11. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    While the Fire have been a little more inconsistent than the Crew, I think this could be two of the best teams to meet in a conference final ever. Add to that the fact that the two regular season games ended in 2-2 ties, this is must watch tv.

12. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999
    Another thing aside from entertaining players such as Mapp and Blanco and Mcbride and Schelletto is that both teams have their own stadiums and no football lines (that I'm aware of). I've been to Crew stadium and it's fantastic and it's not even half as good as Toyota Park. So next year I hope to check on Toyota Park and possibly Red Bull Park.

13. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    [youtube]ADAQE7Hb2ZU[/youtube]

14. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999
    Chris let's not get carried away. They still aren't as good as the Crew, have the history of DC United or the glamor of the Galaxy. Your fans are pretty good though.

15. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999
    Someone said in the MLS forum that Del Piero will be Toronto's DP. I can't imagine him playing on turf but if he comes to MLS I will move to whatever city he plays in and I will share my supermodels with him. I may even let him have my current girlfriend (Maria Sharapova) for a couple of nights. He's CURRENTLY one of the best strikers in the world and he is better now in his early 30's than he was in his mid 20's. I hope it wasn't a stupid bigsoccer rumor. He will score 40 goals in MLS if he comes next season.

16. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    So THAT'S where Maria went after I was finished with her. What's she up to nowadays?

17. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999
    You were dating Maria Shriver and got your ass kicked by the Terminator when he found out. I am dating Maria Sharapova. Two different people.

18. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    The Terminator knows your address. I told him.