Chelsea vs Man Utd, October 20 (Match #9)

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by truefan420, Oct 13, 2018.

1. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Oh, close from Luiz. Needed a better finish.

2. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    All I want for Christmas is a striker with a spine.

3. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    No idea how Morata is still on the pitch

4. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Talk about making hard work of it :(

5. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    A game like this would’ve been perfect for Costa.

6. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Mike Dean's given the 'big' decision for yanited in this one. Looks like JM's been given the SAF 'pixie dust' sprinker;, i.e. if you whwinge enough with a 'big' side, you get the calls.

RB at the death :D

7. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Angry Dad is not happy

8. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, coz JM's NEVER celebrated in front of another side, has he. He's completely innocent in every respect :D

9. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Our commentator is an ex United player so yeah...

10. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Handbags at 10 paces :D

11. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's nice to see the players all getting along well at the end though. Comes to something when the players have to keep the management side.

Also, the manager reactting like that to some underling... real classy dude.

12. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It’s José. We know what to expect with him.

13. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Apology already delivered and accepted but dont like to see taunting from our bench and the fella shouldn't be in our dugout for a match or two.

As for the match, credit to utd for their adjustments. A point feels like a victory right now but should have done more to put it out of reach in the first half. We are always going to give the other side chances the way we play.

Top for a heartbeat and amazing what we are doing so early into sarris tenure but plenty of lessons to learn from (would be a good time for an international break so we can bed them in a bit lol).

14. ComeOnChelsea

ComeOnChelsea Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I like Alonso getting forward, but I feel like other teams are really making a point to exploit that space when he pushes up. United's second came from that situation as well as the play that resulted in Hazard picking up his yellow card.

So many passes but how many shots on target from open play ? Kante's shot that DDG saved and the goal at end are about all I can think of

15. greengrass81

greengrass81 Member

Manchester United
    Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Jorginho was show up today for what he is , an ordinary midfielder or play maker . In the first half when Chelsea were dominating possession all he did was play square passes. He didn't creating any chances or even play any penetrative passes to his team mates.

In the second half when Man United pressed Chelsea a lot more . Jorginho was nowhere to be seen .

16. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    In fairness, the spotlight will be on Mourinho, who has a history of making a fool of himself (goes without saying).

17. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    No doubt that will be the focus, just saying we should take action on our side as well and not rely on that being the end of it. Pretty sure sarri had the guy apologize asap (do we know which member of the staff it was, I barely could see).

Lines were (literally) crossed and with so much goodwill under sarri do not want to see it undermined.

On the lighter side I do hope he said something along the lines of "eva says hello".

18. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Bald guy with a beard I believe.

As I said, Mourinho has a history of being well, Mourinho. He’s more prominent than some assistant.

19. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I know....who names October fest for something that happens in September. Ended up watching it in an Irish pub in Old Town. Crazy how local german places don't show games.

20. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Once. :)

21. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Who would he create passes for? Hazard was triple teamed the entire match and finding open Morata would require a field w/out opposing players.

22. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well that was a let down. A few take a ways...

We need to learn to step on the throat.

We need a goal scorer.

Luiz finally made his classic Luiz rash decision that cost us.

Alonso you can't stay down like that even if you got stepped on. Never count on the ref to make the call against big sides.

We looked a little rattled after conceding and never regained composure even tho we got the equalizer.

At the end of the day it's not the result we wanted but will live with it.

JimWharton repped this.
  23. greengrass81

greengrass81 Member

Manchester United
    Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Tell us how highly do you rate this guy.

24. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    In his first season in EPL and in his first 3 months, he's doing pretty well for a skinny lad. He ain't Cesc yet, but give him time. Pogba was terrible when you guys first acquired him.

25. greengrass81

greengrass81 Member

Manchester United
    Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    If Hazard was tripple teamed as you say he was then . Then that would give Jorjinho more place to exploit with his passing on other areas of the pitch .

I am sick of hearing the buck being passed by fans on to team mates when a midfielder can't create space for themselves to open up play .

Forwards are dependent on the midfield player . Not the other way around . Foward players like Hazard are always going to be marked tightly but it is up to the likes of Jorginho to release them by find space or creating space with movement of the ball or second guessing their marker when they receive the ball .