PBP: Chelsea v. Manchester United, November 5, 2017

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Brock Hannsen, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    That POS Herrera just has to fall over like a little girl

sabresrule30 repped this.
  2. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right... he's lucky it's not windy or he wouldn't be able to stand up

3. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Should be a yellow

4. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Should be 1-0....never a foul on Jones.

5. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely... ref seems to be giving united the benift of the doubt today

6. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Mystery corner given to United

7. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    ******** off Jones

8. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GOAL!!!!!!!

9. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Azpi to Morata. Sensational

10. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Love that Spanish connection!

11. Bruckner283

Bruckner283 Member+

Apr 25, 2006
    Lake Of The Coheeries
    I do not think there is any kind of coincidence in that Hazard was MIA for the first 15-20 minutes and they controlled the tempo/game. Since then the more he has gotten involved the better we have been. Also if Baka can harness some of the spastic energy/nerves he will be one hell of a player. Speaking of MIA.... Lukaku.

12. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Well ********ing done

13. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well deserved

14. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Lukaku played? Weird, I thought he was the greatest striker of all time and Morata was a bum?

Though he should have done a lot better with that perfect through ball from Willian at the death. Kante is so important for us. Herrara such a cowardly POS for them.

15. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Well done. Herrera should have been sent off, Morata should have had 2, and we really missed Kante.

16. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Ill forgive Morata for all those blown chances as he scored.

Totally deserved win.

17. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Well done lads. Thanks for the multiple heart attacks

18. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Christensen with another very good performance. Cahill with a surprise throughback solid game. Kante is key. Hazard and Morata were fantastic. Morata's linking ability has been immense. Zappacosta with a very good showing as well.

I think we will see a 3-5-2 a lot more. Baka isn't as positionally disciplined as Matic was so the balance of the 3-4-3 is thrown off. Adding that extra mid solves that's issue.

19. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    This team, one game looking decidedly 'ordinary' and then another looking 'promising', thank god this one was a 'looking promising' one! Thoroughly deserved win, much more solid at the back, seems dropping Luiz was a good call. Sections of the press unbelievably STILL going on about Conte and the sack! As far as I can tell the players are going through a sticky period by trying for the man in charge and that as far as I can see is whats important, (no 'downing tools' the way they did when Mourinho was in charge).

20. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nail biting final 10 minutes. Just thrilled to have won and we were decidedly the better squad. Utterly wasteful, which has become the norm, but we won so who cares.

21. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    What's the deal with the handshake?

22. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    No idea why Conte made such a big deal. Shake his hand and walk away. Why field 100 questions after that?

23. cokeyounut

cokeyounut Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Michigan
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If anything goes to show how desperately we need Kante to function effectively against top sides, looking at this match next to Roma away is it. Utterly terrifying how much the team relies on his presence. Hope the plan is for Ampadu to model his game off of Kante's - his continued inclusion in the first team along with his performances so far are very positive things to me in this regard. Would love to see Conte trust him the way he trusted Pogba at Juventus eventually. Not saying he is ready right now to be thrown into the big matches, but he is clearly the most similar player to Kante we have at the moment.

Anywho, that was our most complete performance since Atletico away. Hope this means business as usual has resumed. Kante is not in the France squad for the international break, and Morata is the only one of the Spanish contingent in their team - hope everyone who needs it can catch a breather over the next week.

Blueallthru repped this.
  24. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Needs to be said, but I will be surprised if Christensen doesn’t lock up a starting spot by season’s end. He’s been immense.

25. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    We looked so good today...assuming a little of it was MU sitting back and letting us come on to them. Regardless, as others have said, we are night and day with Kante on the pitch. I like the second half Drinkwater for Fab sub with a lead.

Herrera and many others today were so cheap and grabby and pathetic. Maybe I haven’t been a fan long enough, but shouldn’t MU be above it? To me a dive is straight cheating. It’s cowardly. It’s as bad as drawing charges in basketball. Hate it all.

P.S. I can’t really tell if all the Conte hot seat talk is serious or bull$#!t, but it should be the latter. Someone suggested that a top 4 finish and a quarterfinal exit from the CL would get you sacked. Ridiculous. You don’t win every year. If he failed to make the CL with this team (even if he didn’t get every thing he wanted), then I get it.