Chelsea v Liverpool, Sat Sept 29th (Match #7)

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Kerry Dixon's Boots, Sep 28, 2018.

1. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Just saying some of us have been there :D

But right you are.

Yeah we have room for improvement. We do need a striker and Neymar would be nice, but hardly realistic in January.
    With the implosion at old Trafford where they are having a Mourihno season maybe we could get Lukaku?
    Moses should be behind Callum and Pedro and Zappacosta and______when it comes to bringing on a winger.

2. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thank you.

Hopefully Sarri will get some support in the January window now he's getting to grips with his squad. I'm not sure another big striker is the answer though, we need someone who is quick with the ball at his feet and decisive in the box.

I do wish we had tried CHO. If nothing else he poses a threat whereas when Moses comes in you can see Liverpool relax at the non-threat and allows them to take some risks. Sometimes the safe option is the most dangerous one....

StamfordBridgeLions repped this.
  3. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we were to go after their players I'd look to get Martial or Rashford. Both are young dynamic wingers that are more striker than wide. They'd be great fits opposite of Hazard.

4. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    My Take home: Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri believes his side are "closer than I thought" to Liverpoo and to Citeh. You know we have top professional players, with experience, they are players who have won the league before, won world cups. They have benefited from being coached by Conte and Jose and now they are ready for Sarri football. There are a lot of good signs about our current squad.

5. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Players like Moses and Drinkwater would be good buys for teams in a relegation battle. Maybe United should consider them?

Hopefully, Sarri will bring the youngsters in once the team is more settled.

Perhaps Fabregas would have been a better player to bring on then Moses? It would have changed the formation a bit but we might have had more possession and calmed things down a bit and secured the 1-0. changing the formation like that, not really a Sarri move, but I think it would have been better.

6. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    If it hadn’t come so late (with such a smug celebration), I would have been perfectly happy with a draw. We had more control of the ball, but they had better chances. On them for not taking them better, but on us for not creating more shots.

Couple of things for me, grudgingly acknowledging why Sarri prefers Luiz to AC. The new keeper is really growing on me. That long ball to Hazzard was amazing. We have a great first squad, but are very thin. Bringing on Barkley and Moses isn’t quite the same as bringing on Keita and Sturridge. TBF, Pedro is out, Fab is maybe still ailing. Willian should not be sharing his spot with anyone and I’m not sure I’d prefer Rashford or Martial to him.