Chelsea FC v Newcastle FC (Match #9)

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Kerry Dixon's Boots, Oct 18, 2019.

1. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    I don’t think Mount is creative enough for that kind of a formation.

2. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    He hasn't shown anything to date that he's going to be a creative force in midfield, but I've said it before as he was being bashed for not having assists, and will again, I believe this is a direct result. of tactical instructions from Lampard.

3. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    If he 'never does' for club or country then people that actually 'know' would simply stop picking him surely?? I believe he was the man of the match in England's last international no?

4. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    I know, I think you’ve mentioned this before. I’m not convinced of that. I watched the Czech and Bulgaria games, and he wasn’t exactly passing them off the pitch. That doesn’t mean he can’t develop those skills - he’s still very young. But I think he doesn’t have them now.
    Incidentally, I’m not bashing him for not having assists. It’s more about recognizing the strengths and weaknesses of our players.

5. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    This doesn’t address my point at all. Being man of the match against a badly overmatched Bulgaria side isn’t meaningful as to whether or not he’s good enough for Chelsea. Just because a player is picked for his country doesn’t mean he’s good enough. Unless you think Emile Heskey was a great striker. Mings started the last England game. Should we buy him too?

6. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    No. No they don't.

7. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Ross Barkley's nickname is 'Rossi' would that help?

8. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Heskey would not make the current England squad. The current England squad is pretty good. So really not an intelligent footballing analogy at all. But nice try.

9. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    AND Rossi Barkley is shit
    AND Frank is a terrible manager
    AND CHO is not a starter
    There are better players than Tammy Abraham
    RLC is n't very good
    Reece James is overrated
    England are not a good international team at the moment

Sigh

Anything else that you would like to add? It's always interesting to get the opinions of Arsenal fans like yourself.

lobomojo repped this.
  10. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    There's a lot of mediocre to awful players who have made international squads. A lot of the time it's out of necessity.