Chelsea at Brighton

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by lobomojo, Dec 16, 2018.

1. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Wakey wakey

Need to do needed business.

Still don't get why a hurt Koviacic gets the nod; and what Giroud has done wrong considering I think Hazard has only scored when Giroud is on pitch. Then again said same last week and Sarri showed why his resume edged mine out of the job.

Funny last year it was all in shambles, Conte's head waiting at the gallows and after 16 matches we are only two points better...

But it truly does feel better and more hopeful and promising:cautious:...well as long as we get a striker next month

Yahtzee and Wrath repped this.
  2. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    most rested midweek yet again so listless and slow

we need a personality or two who will slap some heads awake every match

3. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Can we please stop playing David Luiz? Maybe PSG will give us another £50m for him.

4. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The ref allowed Brighton to kick Hazard out of the game. Worried if he will be out of the Christmas fixtures. We really lack any ideas without him. Really dire 2nd half.

5. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    How Stephens didn't see a yellow is a travesty. Alonso should have saw red. Need to be more clinical in the first half. Hazard quietly is still really good and setting up everything for us while not looking great. Huge goal for him though. RLC was great after he came on but needs to pull the trigger.

lobomojo repped this.
  6. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Hazard as a striker in this system isn't the worst idea.

7. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    3 points. First half we was 100% in control. Second half we fell asleep. Playing the false 9 is not doing it for me, especially when they are chipping the ball into the box and the three amigos are not known for their height. Kovacic us a great technical player, but he is clearly not 100% so why not rest him? We have R'n'R - Ross and Ruben - and they can handle Brighton. So, I would say Sarri got the tactics slightly off today. But 3 points and Arsenal lost so, the top four finish is what we are aiming for.

lobomojo repped this.
  8. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Sure.. but its the kind of thing that, as a fan of the sport, wishes he would have gone to Spain already so we could see him reach his full potential as a winger. We’re lucky we have him. His talent is completely wasted when his supporting cast is nowhere near his level.

9. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Maybe, but he can be a Dres Mertens type.

10. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any link you can share to see last year's comparison week to week.

Tried searching for matchday 17 for 17/18 season but can't find anything

lobomojo repped this.
  11. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    For what it’s worth, the “shambles” had way more to do with Conte’s deteriorated relationship with the board and certain players. He was a sad mfer in pressies.

12. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He sure could be but it just isn’t ideal imo.

13. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Huge post Europa away match win. Struggled to finish that one but I was really impressed by rlc off the bench. Hazard like footwork at times and some positive play. More please.

Blueallthru repped this.
  14. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Dtrip77 repped this.
  15. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Tale of 2 halves for sure. Glad we kept 3 points.

lobomojo repped this.
  16. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #16 lobomojo, Dec 16, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    there is/was a good site I will try to get it for you tomorrow; this is Sunday brewery excursion day

I got that from today from the NBCSN pre-match graphic; was actually surprised, it really does feel far better this year and more hopeful, as the negative writing was well on the wall same time last year

actually am more hopeful about Sarri then sometimes shows; what concerns me is adaptability and flexibility, the PL is the death of those who don't... though in same general approach, Pep adapted a great deal after his first year so-so results

it was more a comment on the nature of perspective, same team mostly, actually I think a more talented deeper team this season, yet last season at this point by press and fans they were underachieving failures as a team and gaffer, yet now overachieving so soon a bit, and promising..:unsure::confused:

but it does feel we are rising so...

17. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    worked the last two weeks better than I would have thought, but still think Giroud keeps teams honest, thus more space by the physical and long ball options and he is finding his scoring touch and I think except for the one today, Hazard's goals all except today come with Giroud on field (also hope we buy)

18. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    I’m just not seeing the upside of Kovacic over RLC. RLC seems more physical and creative. It’s not about playing the babies. RLC just seems to be on a better run of form.

19. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He's a better dribbler. He's better in the final third. He's scoring. It's a pretty straight forward decision for me.

JimWharton and lobomojo repped this.
  20. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  21. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    don't mind the hazard at striker (this is not the same as a false 9) when it's appropriate. i'm just not sure why we needed to do it against brighton. Giroud should be starting those games, especially if Morata is injured as we need Giroud to pick up this system a little more. it's looking more and more likely that Morata won't be with us too much longer in my opinion. rumors that his injury wasn't that bad he just had no interest in fighting through it.

however, on the flip side, he played through pain when he shouldn't have last season, so maybe he's now overly cautious.