Check out or write for my newer soccer blog...

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by toffeeboy9, Jan 9, 2014.

1. toffeeboy9

toffeeboy9 New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Last summer, I started a small soccer blog to keep me busy after relinquishing my positions with Bleacher Report and SoccerWithoutLimits.

A Peach of a GOAL! (www.apeachofagoal.com) is my attempt to write on some of the more interesting stories in the world of soccer, as well as choose a sometimes unconventional goal of the week.

I would love for two or three more experienced writers to come aboard and help me expand the site. Of course, this would be on a volunteer basis until I actually make some money myself on the blog.

Topics I like to cover are US soccer, South American soccer, off-field issues, soccer history, and peachy sweet goals (the inspiration for the blog comes from James McFadden's golazo against France in Euro 2008 qualifying).

Please check out the blog and help support it so that I can continue to expand the content.

Be well my brothers in futbol!

-Brian

2. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. OnlineSoccerCoaching

Jan 13, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Hi Brian,

I liked your site, there's some pretty good reads there. Everton are still riding high, it would be interesting to hear where you think they will be come the end of the season

4. DavidSee

DavidSee New Member

Feb 3, 2014
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hey Brian,

There is a lot of good content on your site and I appreciate your dedication to the game of futbol brother. I work for Glenn Davis down in Houston. I keep up with his website and promote Glenn. Glenn is the voice of the dynamo and has a lot of content on his website if you want any ideas @ glenndavissoccer.com. Hope you keep that website going and spreading futbol greatness to the community.

5. Dylan Baker

Dylan Baker New Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Hey Brian, loved the site! I'm doing something similar with WordPress, as I'm the owner of www.halfvolleyfootball.com and host of the Half Volley Football Podcast. I'd be interested in your opinions and advice on how to be successful, as you've got a much higher pedigree in the world of football's social media reporting and writing. If you run out of things to keep you busy, take a look at the site and podcast and let me know what you think? I'd love to get some tips on how to get this monster idea of mine off the ground. Maybe we can even work together?

Dylan

6. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brian has only 1 post, so I wouldn't count on him coming back and responding to you. My recommendation is for the your blog to display more than one post without having to click "OLDER POSTS."

7. Dylan Baker

Dylan Baker New Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Thanks Evan! I'll be making those changes now. I'm always looking for ways to improve the site and podcast, so bring on more suggestions as they come!

Dylan Baker

8. chico1mt

chico1mt New Member

Apr 22, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona