check in thread, election day, 2016

Discussion in 'Elections' started by superdave, Nov 8, 2016.

1. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    one post per person, just want to see everyone who is posting or lurking here

2. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Imma go vote in about half an hour and then hang out on the internet the rest of the day, probably getting really agitated by left blogistan pushing stories of voter suppression which I can't do anything about.

3. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lurking, hoping P&CE will do what it does best, and give me a feel for how things are going around the rest of the country today

4. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    I voted over a week ago so no reports on polling place lines.

5. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    1. 150th person at the precinct this morning at 7:30. Would have been 146th, but the damn old lady making sure there was no fraud in the M-Z was having trouble turning the pages in the voter book. A-L moved much quicker.

2. Full day of work and 90 minutes of soccer coaching to do later.

3. Maybe a 90 trail bike ride in the dark

4. Settle on the couch and hope Trump is finally stopped.

6. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    He'll only be 74 in 2020. :p :eek:

Q*bert Jones III and cleansheetbsc repped this.
  7. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    15ish people in line at 6:02 AM. 20 people in line when I left at 6:30 with all 9 voting booths occupied.

8. SixKick

SixKick Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2000
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Lurking. I'm sure I won't be able to keep up fast enough to post.

9. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I live in a sleepy little town in a rural area. Walked in at 10:48 and walked out at 10:52. And that includes two stations since we've gone back to paper ballots: one to mark the ballot and a second to get the ballot scanned.

10. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well, sorry Dave, I'm going to post here again because this is the best place.

In one of the best traditions that I have just recently heard about, Susan B Anthony's grave in Rochester has become a mecca, usually for women, on Election Day as her grave is covered with "I Voted" stickers.

636141862672561174-CwvSOkMUkAE26BL.jpg

Apparently, this year there are actual crowds around her gravesite.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com...e-will-draw-a-crowd-on-election-day/93424370/

luftmensch and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  11. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Dropped off my ballot last Friday.

12. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same ole, same ole...popping Tums like they're mints.

13. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I got to my polling place before it opened. There was a line. Once it opened, it moved quickly with driver licenses being scanned and the workers using tablets instead of paper logs. After quickly filling out my paper ballot and putting it in the machine, my only regret is I didn't back into the parking space for an easier exit afterward.

14. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    Voted at 7:15am. only about a ten minute wait, which surprised me given the 42 propositions that were on the ballot!

Dr. Wankler repped this.
  15. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why did you have to get your license scanned?

16. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Less than ten minutes all in all. Nothing interesting inside, except the person who checked my ID didn't know what to do with my passport. I did have an interesting story: We live in the NoVa suburbs and the polling station was in an elementary school within walking distance. There was an older gentlemen outside who was "talking" to another younger individual (who was dark-skinned). As my fiancé and I walked past we realized that the older guy was actually berating the younger guy, who was standing there taking the abuse. There was another guy who was trying to calm down the older guy. When we walked back outside, a Fairfax county sheriff was there talking to the young guy and the guy who was trying to calm down the older guy. The older guy was nowhere to be seen. I have no idea what happened, kinda wish I had stuck around but she didn't want to get involved.

Now to go back to my regularly scheduled routing of bringing drugs, bringing crime and being a rapist. :rolleyes:

fatbastard, luftmensch and sitruc repped this.
  17. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Colorado has vote-by-mail, so I voted two weeks ago. I didn't actually mail it, but dropped it in the box at the courthouse, and got the text notification that my ballot had been received.

18. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Wife voted as the polls opened (she was 4th from our half of the precinct). I voted just before noon (187th on the day). Good call, because as I left the parking lot was suddenly looking like a rodeo.

19. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Voted two weeks ago, across the street from work.

20. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Of course I didn't have to have it scanned, but it's the quickest method of finding a person on the rolls. All they care is you can verify a name and address. It was a new wrinkle this year. It has been a paper roll in the past. I had to do a provisional ballot years ago when they marked me off instead of my dad.

21. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah.

Anyway my wife and I sat down over a box of wine and filled out our ballots about 10 days ago, then dropped them off at the box in front of Berkeley City Hall. California is easily the most civilized place I've ever lived.

Demosthenes and luftmensch repped this.
  22. luftmensch

luftmensch Member+

United States
    May 4, 2006
    Petaluma
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ditto, 2+ weeks ago dropped off the ballots at the Vets Hall a block away from our house, after filling out my ballot a few days prior at a coffee shop while my kid was at soccer practice. So nice.

23. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Washington State is a vote by mail only State. Ours were in a while ago.

Chinese and Proseco in front of telly tonight.

Matrim55 repped this.
  24. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    That's pretty cool. And yeah, where would I be, what else would I be doing?

25. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    As I mentioned in another thread, the voting setup in the poor areas of New York City is about on par with Somalia. Two hours in line in the cold. Pushing, yelling, conflict. The whole experience is just miserable. A lot of people just gave up and I didn't blame then one bit.