Charlottesville 2017 | When White People "Chimp Out"

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by The Devil's Architect, Aug 12, 2017.

1. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is an old story. Not that it makes the man's action OK, but the man asked him to take off his hat, and the kid told said ******** you or something similar.

2. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    I forgot about this. It happened in early August and I don't remember seeing the child but did remember the mugshot...and that the man threatened to shoot a family in a road rage incident years earlier.

Now that I see the kid, holy $hit !! That child looks barely 100 lbs soaking wet! Someone in their 30s should know better, in every and any sense of the word.

3. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    I wanted to edit this but time elapsed. I wanted to clarify something that may have been poorly worded. Even if the 13 year old looked 20, that is still no reason to assault somebody. I in no way was defending the adult.

Dude assaulted someone over something trivial in the grand scheme of things. I just didn't realize how young that kid looked.

4. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    So, was it, per my prediction, an absolute sausage-fest, this straight pride thing? Or, were they able to convince their Mothers, Wives and Daughters to proudly demonstrate their love of cock?

Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  5. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    She's good.

The Trump administration is 100% utterly, completely devoid of the arts. As far as the WH is concerned, no paintings, sculptures, books, or music of any kind exists. Not even movies, really, except for bizarre occasions when Trump confuses some B movie clip with reality.

No surprise, I guess. When I attend performances or museums, I seldom encounter Republicans, even among old white people.

6. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    It runs in the administration. But Ben Carson has him beat -

[​IMG]

xtomx and dapip repped this.
  7. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    But Charles Koch was a heavy donor of the arts, no?

8. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Republicans didn't avoid the arts back in the day. But they've worked so hard at attracting the gutter voter that the party has evolved into being anti-arts. It's part of their culture-war positioning.

Which I think, makes our discussion relevant to the topic. Modern Republicanism is about appealing to voters' inner chimps. The humanity that comes from viewing different perspectives, and from the introspection that is required of artists, is alien to the GOP's mindset.

9. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ben's faith club usually demands a White "Jesus". What happened here?

song219, fatbastard, dapip and 1 other person repped this.
  10. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Not fair. Pence went to Hamilton a few years ago.

JohnR and dapip repped this.
  11. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Didn't he play the victim in it?

12. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait, that's supposed to be Carson? I thought it was one of the O-Jays.

And I wonder what kind of hair products they had in the First Century. But I guess if you're Jesus and you can cure leprosy and blindness, straightening hair is a piece of cake!

luftmensch, russ and Auriaprottu repped this.
  13. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Gunshot art from Alabammy:

220px-Walton_creel_deer_bulletholes_in_aluminum.jpg

Deweaponizing the Gun is a series of large scale "drawings" created by shooting complicated patterns through 6x4' white painted sheets of aluminum with a .22 caliber rifle given to him by his father as a present.[1] The images used in this series are of southern wildlife and include: Deer, Owl, Bunny, Opossum, Squirrel, and Wren.[2] When asked how others view his work Creel states, "Whatever view a person already holds on guns is the view they project onto me. If they love guns and think gun ownership is a God-given right, then they see my work as reinforcement of that view. If they think guns should be banned, they see my work as an ironic protest."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walton_Creel

14. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'm over here trying to catch my breath from laughing

Carson probably can't imagine a Jesus with hair like his own. I'm pretty sure this is a portrait he had made, but I could be wrong.

15. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This ties in with the other thread of Republicans and their (non) relationship with the Arts. I've seen religious art created by Ethiopian Christians, and well, the Jesus depicted looks like he's.... Ethiopian!

Man, there's some crazy stuff out there! Just like the Korean Christian who prays to Jesus in Korean. How is a guy who looks like he's from Paris or London s'posta understand Korean?

dapip repped this.
  16. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    You no fool me.

The Korean is what them Muslims read.

sitruc, chaski, Auriaprottu and 4 others repped this.
  17. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    David Koch.

Charles Koch rarely donates to the arts.

dapip repped this.
  18. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you a badly programmed bot? Why is this post in this thread?????

19. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    The Volusia Sheriff’s Office arrested the 45-year-old man on Thursday and charged him with making written threats to commit a mass shooting or act of terrorism.

Sheriff’s officials identified the suspect as Leo Arong Jr. of Daytona Beach, Florida.

[​IMG]

taosjohn and superdave repped this.
  20. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Short answer: He made a guess based on common sense and was wrong. That's all. Calm down, bro- one question mark serves the same purpose.

Shorter answer: It's BigSoccer. Misplaced posts happen, as you well know.

And this is his mugshot, of course. He didn't get to use his Olan Mills photo like the woman who pointed her gun at Black kids

21. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    There was no reason you should have assumed anything else. Exceptions are just that.

22. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    The guy claims he was parodying someone else in a chatroom. He might be lying to cover his ass. But we have evidence that he's a black guy in Florida, so the police might be striking a blow for safety in a less lethal manner than the one used to save citizens from the threat of loose cigerette sales when police killed Eric Garner.

Auriaprottu repped this.
  23. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He made a guess that a wannabe spree killer...belonged in THIS thread?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:o_O

24. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The thread is titled, "When White People Chimp Out", no?
    I'd call a wannabe spree killer chimping out.

The pip was wrong. Gloat if you must and move on, but acting like he wouldn't have been right the other nine times is... interesting.

25. MattR

MattR Member+

Jun 14, 2003
    Reston
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, it' bigger than that. The same "Trump First!" and "Whites First" brigade take pride in the accomplishments and progress of "Western Society" while constantly dispariging well-educated elites!

"Whites are the best because of our enlightened society and continued societal and technological progress, you elitist pencilnecked geeks!"

JohnR repped this.