Charlotte MLS Expansion Superthread

Discussion in 'Charlotte FC' started by G Enriquez, Jan 29, 2014.

1. CharlottetownFC

Sep 2, 2015
    Club:
    Charlotte
  2. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. anewsoccerfan

anewsoccerfan Member

Apr 15, 2007
    Chapel Hill, NC
    So Tepper wants a MLS team to play at Bank of America Stadium and not build a soccer specific stadium? What about NFL lines and markings on the field? Atlanta can do it because it's turf but Panthers play on grass. I want a MLS team for NC as much as anyone but come on man. If you're going to get a team, do it the right way. Hope they tell him they prefer a SSS.

4. TheRealBilbo

TheRealBilbo Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    http://www.lawnlift.com/product_professional.asp?cc=

5. CharlottetownFC

Sep 2, 2015
    Club:
    Charlotte
    Why does it need to be SSS in a city with a viable stadium in place? Natural Grass Surface ✓ Downtown Location ✓ Owned and Operated by the Club's Investor ✓ sight lines and deminsions for the game ✓. The only missing parts are a roof/tarp system and a team dedicated locker room. Tepper has committed to rebuilding or heavily renovating and the city has 75 mill met aside for renovations as well. NFL lines are hardly stopping Seattle from being Atlanta before Atlanta and modern technology offers solutions such as multiple playing surfaces.

6. TheRealBilbo

TheRealBilbo Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Panthers sent out a survey about MLS at Bank of America stadium.

Must have been targeting people that purchased tickets to Arsenal v. Roma. They will get some interesting responses because that game will draw people like me that will be driving 400 miles for that game...

7. CharlottetownFC

Sep 2, 2015
    Club:
    Charlotte

They already held a focus group with local academies and the survey went out to season ticket holders (mostly regarding stadium renovations but also regarding potential MLS interest). Everyone I know to have taken it was a season ticket holder or PSL owner.

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/163...luating-bank-of-america-stadium-enhancements/

8. antnee7898

antnee7898 Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So they asked Panther fans if they would be interested in MLS tickets? Don't football fans mostly hate soccer?

9. CharlottetownFC

Sep 2, 2015
    Club:
    Charlotte
    They did not just ask Panther fans, this was a survey sent to PSL owners and season ticket holders as ONE of the surveyed groups. They also surveyed local academy participants (through a town hall event), those who will be attending the ICC and Gold Cup games this year (one guy on this site from outside the area claimed he took it but that is the only non local participant I've heard of), there seems to have been some other batches rolled out but I can not identify who those groups were representing. It makes sense to reach out to current PSL owners when you're talking about removing seating sections to renovating/rebuilding the stadium for two sports rather than just one. I don't think you can find a way to prove that American Football fans hate soccer specifically either although soccer has had it tough flipping fans but the same could be said for baseball versus soccer in the spring.

10. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CharlottetownFC repped this.
  11. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    30 is a mire, no one can say they know, but Las Vegas......possibly the city of the post 29 candidates that needed to make the most noise to land an MLS team, has indeed......made the most noise thus far, to land an MLS team. Before 31, and 32 festivities of course.

12. CharlottetownFC

Sep 2, 2015
    Club:
    Charlotte
    The strong move silent.

13. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Charlotte comes in the league, my loyalties are going to be really tested...

I’ve grown loyal to Atlanta United, but I’m closer to Charlotte and I like Charlotte way better than Atlanta as a City.

Anyone else feel conflicted?

14. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. CharlottetownFC

Sep 2, 2015
    Club:
    Charlotte
    Is it possible for Charlotte to be announced with 28 and 29, as number 30?

16. VBCity72

VBCity72 Member+

Aug 17, 2014
    Sunny San Diego
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    0% chance. They may announce one but I doubt it and it would be more than likely be St. Louis that gets the nod first.

CharlottetownFC repped this.
  17. anewsoccerfan

anewsoccerfan Member

Apr 15, 2007
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Is Tepper building a separate dome stadium with retractable roof or is this remodeled Bank of America stadium.

18. CharlottetownFC

Sep 2, 2015
    Club:
    Charlotte
    Plans to renovate BoA to accommodate MLS and the Panther's but is aiming to build a new retractable roof stadium within 10 years.

19. Brian in Boston

Brian in Boston Member+

Jun 17, 2004
    MA & CA, USA
    Per Jordan Rodrigue of the Charlotte Observer:

Eleven Bravo repped this.
  20. SteveUSSF_ref8

SteveUSSF_ref8 Member+

United States
    Oct 25, 2010
    Sun City, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that MLS is down to last expansion spot (for now) I wanted to throw out here an ideas for a possible Charlotte FC's crest.

Charlotte FC.png

21. CharlottetownFC

Sep 2, 2015
    Club:
    Charlotte
    I like it but what about a Hornets nest instead of a griffin? Like the one used in this old military badge.
    [​IMG]