Charlie Davies Updates II

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by Peretz48, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GVPATS77

GVPATS77 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    How's Kenny doing down at Plymouth?

1 person likes this.
  2. aarond23

aarond23 Member+

Feb 24, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Put down the booze england66....Frankenstein just didn't cut it, sorry to piss on your parade.

1 person likes this.
  3. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas
    You clowns just won't leave it alone will you......a few years ago I believed Cooper deserved a look see and, eventually, he got one....that was it as far as I was concerned and i've mentioned as much in previous threads. I haven't said much in defence of Cooper regarding the USA for some time now....I've moved on....you should do the same.

I will say this ...there is no way Cooper would be as dumb as Davies was....breaking curfew and being out at 3am two days before a game.

4. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas
    F you.

5. sMiLeYz

sMiLeYz Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is getting way out of line here, personal attacks aren't needed. Cooper has nothing to do with Charlie Davies especially in his thread.

6. strangepup

strangepup Member

Mar 17, 2007
    LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Davies did so much for our team from the time he got the start against Egypt up to the Mexico game. That goal by Landon that came on the counter against Brazil was some of the best football I have ever seen from the US. Chuck seems to have tools that the rest of our forward pool lacks and his future looked bright until the accident.

If Chuck is able to make it back for the World Cup I think the emotional boost will actually do more for us then what Chuck will be able to provide for us on the pitch.

7. GVPATS77

GVPATS77 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    A few years ago? I wasn't even posting on BigSoccer a few years ago, and I somehow know that you are close personal friends with the Coopers and that you feel he hasn't gotten a fair chance with Bradley at the helm.

That's about all you could talk about leading up to the Confed Cup. And you were all over the Gold Cup threads when Cooper netted a goal there.

You have a personal agenda and a personal bias. Admit and you might actually get some respect. But to deny it outright when everyone knows the truth lends no credibility to anything that you have to say.

8. GVPATS77

GVPATS77 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    Cooper has everything to do with england66's agenda on this thread.

9. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas
    Bullshot. It's you and other clowns who keep throwing Coopers name in there whenever I say anything about Charlie Davies that doesn't fit with your agenda.

Cooper got his chance and thats it as far as I'm concerned.

10. GVPATS77

GVPATS77 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    You need to start being honest with yourself man. You slag on every single forward in our player pool with the exception of one. Your close personal friend. But you contend that you don't have an agenda steeped in personal bias. C'mon.

Everyone on here is fully aware that Charlie Davies isn't Wayne Rooney. Nobody has suggested that.

Most people on here have come to grips with the fact that Charlie might not be 100% by June 12th.

Most people also have realized that Charlie, even at less than 100%, is most likely going to be an upgrade over our other options, because those same people realize that a less than 100% Charlie would be used off of the bench,

1 person likes this.
  11. sMiLeYz

sMiLeYz Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really don't give a shot about all the bias nonsense or Cooper, it really isn't necessary in this thread about Charlie Davies.

The very day I found out about the accident and how bad the car was wrecked, I doubted Charlie could walk again never mind play soccer. To say his recovery is remarkable is an understatement. I will never doubt him again, I'd take Charlie Davies over Cooper, Findley, Casey, even Wayne Rooney. Anyday.

12. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you believe that what happened to Charlie was a just punishment for his mistake?

13. arsynic

arsynic Red Card

Jan 2, 2007
    Santa Barbara
    Lets not go down that road again. Anyone who doesn't have sympathy for the guy need is running purely on spite and is in desperate need of a personal sponsor.

14. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    Ayatollah Cut-Off-Their-Hands: Damn, dude is harsh!
    Ayatollah Stone-Them: Out late two days before a game he wasn't playing in? If they were all in car crashes we'd have to shut down every league!
    Ayatollah Cut-Off-Their-Hands: I wonder what E66's penalty for jaywalking is. Scary.

15. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    say Good night Thread.