Charleston @ VB 7-29 [r]

Discussion in 'Charleston Battery' started by Mikey mouse, Jul 29, 2006.

1. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Big game tonight for both teams. VB needs a win if they are gong to maintain control of their plyoff destiny.

Charleston could solidify their position if they get a win.

Battery seems to be doing okay on the injury front. Corcoran didn't make the road trip but I understand he should be available for the Dallas match. Gores and Crawford are both still down, chris has returned to light training. might see them before the end of the season but im not a doctor but

funny how we are missing three defenders and still doing quite well in that department. like Bribey said I think it comes down to the leadership role Dusty and Mark have provide the team this year. Of course we have a fairly deep back line and Im pretty comfortable with what we got.

Glinton is scoring on about 1 out of every 3 shots. Prior to the Minn. match he had 34 shots and 10 goals. he missed a couple sitters on thur. I understand so I wouldn't be surprised to see him get one tonight. Vercollone and Fuller have been dangerous coming up from the midfield. I think they are both due goals and I expect them to open up there scoring accounts soon.

That said I think it will be a tight match again. typically we play more defensively on the road and hit on counterattacks. with that in mind, I'll go for a Battery win. 1-0 with a goal from either Glinton, Fuller, or Vercollone.

live audio availble at kickoff (7:30pm) via www.charlestonbattery.com/webcast.asp

mikey

2. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Something wrong with the webcast again, but got it on the local radio (1450am)

about 30 min in 0-0

Battery with several chances and one goal clalled bay by new boy Harrington (offside)

Okoye playing right back and took down fenger in the box but simmonds took the PK and missed the goal.

Battery seem to be resting alot of players.

line up

Hudock
    Catalano, Karalexis, Curran, Ugo
    Armstrong, lazo, Fuller, vercollone, Ramario,
    harrington

Watson, Glinton, Daley all on bench

As I type VB socres in the 33 min Fenger with a header

mikey

3. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1-0 at the Half VB

VB with the Better of the chances

Mikey

4. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    VB win it 2-0

doesnt' sound like it was the Batterys night

A few starters resting and a few people playing out of position didn't see to help either.

still, we're in 2nd place and bring on Dallas

5. Duke of Earl

Duke of Earl New Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Hollywood and Gavin scored 10 of 11 July goals. Both were under the weather and did not play. H'wood did not suit up. Am told he was throwing up all Saturday with a stomach bug. I suggest we did not have our best offensive side on the field.