Charleston Battery 2006 Season (R)

Discussion in 'Charleston Battery' started by Mikey mouse, May 6, 2006.

1. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At Blackbaud.

Battery HQ write-up

We'll be with out Ian Fuler due to a Red Card and looks like Dusty Huddock is sidelined with a knee injury. Not serious from the sound of it thought.

Lazo has trained with the team all week, should be match fit as just finishing the indoor season.

Romario isn't supposed to travel with the team this weekend. So looks like Miami will start a different line up for the third match

Watch the game live on the Internet starting around 15 mins before kickoff.
    http://www.charlestonbattery.com/webcast.asp

Or you can watch a replay of it until the next home Battery match.

$4.99 to view the game and it is good quality broadcast with three cameras and the excellent announcer Andrew Bell.

Calling for chances of rain tommorrow. hourly forcast shows cloudy at kickoff with rain moving in around 7pm Temp around 71F

my prediction Battery 3- Miami 0

mikey

2. Newtbomb

Newtbomb Member

Mar 24, 2001
    South Florida
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: charleston v. Miami pre/post match 5-7 (R)

How about a Charleston home radio broadcast?
    I checked these below and none mention live broadcasts:
    ESPN Radio 910, 950 The Team and Real 1340
    This one only seems to do away games:
    CNN Radio 1450

I will not be home during the match and wish to listen to the game later. I am also not willing to put up $5 for it after it has already happened.

3. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

We've never had home radio matches, they were only availabe on the web and I think it is audio only on away matches. I think but another Battery fan has said there is live audio for home matches but I don't have a URL.

the Battery are doing trying to make this video thing work and I know alot of people still want the option of live audio. I would suggest email them (the address is in the Battery thread about webcast.) let them know what you want as a fan.

But if what I've heard is accurate, there were almost 3000 viewers last week, not including the replay viewers. As much as I hate to admit it, money might win this arguement. Thats $15k into the Battery coffers. Granted it is taking some serious cash to make this happen and happen right (cmaeras, servers, additonal hardware and software) but with an average viewership with those numbers, I think it is going to be worth the investment.

if its any consulation, when you subscribe to the replay you can watch it two times.

mikey

4. Newtbomb

Newtbomb Member

Mar 24, 2001
    South Florida
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thanx for the info Mikey. Although, I'm not sure the Battery people are gonna listen to a Miami fan who doesn't want to pay. ;) Ah well, I'll live...........

5. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Of course if you guys win....nah......;)

mikey

6. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Mr. Hilter

Mr. Hilter New Member

Feb 10, 2006

I was going to pay to watch this game but they are warning the game may be delayed due to the weather so I'm not going to risk it.

8. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Member

Mar 5, 2001

Anyone have a score?

9. Mr. Hilter

Mr. Hilter New Member

Feb 10, 2006

Delayed due to weather, kickoff at 7pm eastern.

10. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well the broadcast is up so I think the game will start at 7pm. You can see the field is soaked in certain spots.

11. Mr. Hilter

Mr. Hilter New Member

Feb 10, 2006

Yeah, I waivered and actually paid. Hope they kickoff soon and actually get the game in.

12. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

here are the starting line-ups
    Miami:
    Zinho, Doyle, handy,Erush,Rodriguez, Guillume, Ramierez, Pulido,Walsh,Fraser,loco
    Charleston:
    watson,Wiggins,crawford,brunt,curran,matteo,daley,corcoran,vercollone,hollinsworth,glinton

13. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Goal Miami in the 70th minute
    1-0

14. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

pk awarded to the Battery in stoppage time
    Armstrong converts it to tie the game
    1-1
    and the ref blows th whistle to end the match

15. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire

I see Lazo came off the bench. Will he break into the starting lineup soon? He should be in good form following an excellent indoor season with the Storm.

16. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Charleston v. Montreal 5-13 pre/post match (R)

The Underground present to you Match #3

5-13 7:30pm @Blackbaud Stadium

vs
    Montreal Impact 1-1-0 4pts.

"A river runs through it"

As well know Sunday's match saw Daniel Island's shore line to surprisingly include Blackbaud Stadium. The pitch was pretty water logged and made for some less then ideal footballing conditions. Not much could be taken from the match other then a few inspiring performances, most notably was Corcoran in the midfield and also newly aquired backup keeper, Keith Wiggins.Miami played their role well and did enough to fight off their tired legs from a Friday thumping at the hands of Rochester but the rain took too much away from both sides attacking options. Some clearer skies and a dryer pitch should make for what is essentially the Battery's second match of the season.

"We like our frog's legs well done"

Last season saw the Battery play Montreal rather closely with two gutsy performances that ended in heart breaking defeats. With a more seasoned backline in command this season, the Impact should be in for another tough match with the Battery. Montreal slipped a lone goal via Fukasawa Masahiro into the Battery net and managed to hold off for the win in Charleston. The away match in Montreal was another tough loss as the Battery let two goals in during the final minutes to squander a two goal comeback for what should of been a well earned draw in Montreal. With Montreal beefing up their attack and Charleston doing the same for their defense, Saturday's affair should be another tough battle.

"Welcome to the fold"

Keith Wiggins trial by fire was helped not only by last weeks rainy weather but also by his own stand out performance. With Dusty Huddock still on the bench with a sore knee, Keith looks to be the question mark and also possible savior for the Battery. Three points could go a long way for the Battery, especially when they come from the Impact. Saturday will have Keith playing a large role in wether or not everyone leaves with a smile and some points in their pockets on Saturday.

"Your magic number is 2"

Hopefully Saturday's outcome will garner a full three points as the Battery are already almost into their tightest part of the schedule. Only 2 more matches including Montreal, (Puerto Rico the other) and the Battery will be facing a fully loaded June schedule,May 30th vs Atlanta included. 8 matches are on tap for the Battery in the month of June, including a match in the US Open Cup and also both legs of the Derby Cup against Atlanta. Speaking of Atlanta we face them three times in the month of June, four if you include the end of May's match-up in Charleston. As we all know any match up with Atlanta is a big one, but with that single table looming over our heads and the Derby Cup to boot, points against Atlanta are on top of the Battery priority list. For now, let's enjoy the next two matches before June rears it's potentially ugly head.

"Bring out your dead"

Montreal may be showing a few new faces on Saturday night but don't expect many. Even though the Impact are playing back to back matches with their second match being played on Sunday in Virginia Beach,the Battery are shaping up to be a potential playoff threat to the Impact.So look for Montreal to bring out all of it's weapons in hoping it leaves Charleston bringing out their dead.

"Some impertinent thoughts on some pertinent subjects"

-- We know Blackbaud is a perfect ten in all of our books... however the Ten is going to get a bit larger as #10 himself Lazo Alavanja should be starting in the Battery midfield on Saturday.

-- It can't be good when you dial 411 information and not even they can tell you wether or not Usiel Vasquez will be wearing Battery colours anytime soon.

-- Keep an eye on the Long Island roster as an old friend with a name that rhymes with Roenick will be running the show or away from it.

-- The Charleston radar was on the fritz again as Bart Creasman a defender from Wilmington has slid past the radar and onto the Battery's roster.

-- Anyone else in awe of this season's coverage and media blitz by the Battery. Live digital broadcasts over the net, a radio show on local ESPN radio, quality Post&Courier articles, the list go's on.... it's good to be a Battery supporter.

Players to keep an eye on :

Montreal Impact--

#20 Mauro Biello... the Montreal magician has made a career of running through the USL and the Battery. Currently he holds 2 goals and 2 assists in five matches played against Charleston.

#5 Nevio Pizzolitto... the defender has picked his game up as each year progresses. Last season saw him pitch a shut out and an assist against Charleston last season.

#18 Leonardo Di Lorenzo... the Argentine midfielder should prove to the difference in the Montreal midfield. If Leonardo can open the midfield for Mauro and company, Saturday could prove to be a long night for Keith Wiggins. He should match up against Hollingsworth, which should be an interesting matchup of flair vs tenacity.

Charleston Battery :

#10 Lazo Alavanja ... if he gets the start on Saturday, which he should, then we'll all be in for a treat. Lazo's time in the Battery spotlight is apron us again, only this time he has some new friends to play with.

#3 Chris Brunt... last week's weather didn't help anyone out, but Chris seemed to walk out the worst of it. With Montreal high flowing attack, Saturday should prove wether or not it's time to "get blunt on Brunt."

#19 Teba McKnight... if he manages to get some playing time on the pitch, keep an eye on him as Saturday's potentially quick paced match should suit him well...especially if he partners fellow Caribbean striker Gavin Glinton.

#14 Ben Hollingsworth... On top of the high work load of containing the midfield and providing some offense to it, Ben's going to have redemption on his mind after his Sunday meeting with the crossbar.

Random Match Information....

Charleston Battery Live Internet Broadcast:

Battery TV

Supporter Information:

E10 Underground:
    Go Underground

Regiment:
    See them here and at the West Side booth

Additional Supporter Talk:
    TalkZone

"Your walking papers"

Stand up and make a difference on Saturday night. Head over to the Underground boys and girls in section E10 and stand in The Brig. Support your city, your players and your club while standing next to your fellow Charleston residents. The players do hear the supporters in section E10 and they have said that they do feed off of our energy. I've been told on numerous occasions by Battery players that we push them on to victory, if you don't believe it then head over to the section and find out for yourself. It's not an Underground or Regiment thing, it's a Battery thing.If you have a season ticket, you know your seat won't be leaving you all season, so stop in for a full 90 a 45 or just a couple of minutes...don't like the sight lines, then head up a few rows and find out the marvelous view, you can even salute the traffic on I-526 if you want, tickets only cost $8, the bathrooms are right underneath and they never have a waiting line same go's for the pints at the consession stand, only those standing on the east side are within view of the camera's,especially section E10... the exscuses are taken care of now, all that's left is your body standing in section E10. Stand up, be proud of your city and your club, sing and chant into the Blackbaud evening sky and show your love for the Charleston Battery, if you do you'll thank yourself that you did on the car ride home. SUPPORT YOUR BATTERY !!!!

17. Rochester

Rochester New Member

Jun 10, 2005
    WESTERN N.Y.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Charleston v. Montreal 5-13 pre/post match (R)

Lets Go Charleston Battery!!!

18. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Rochester pulling for the Battery......

I feel soiled.

19. Rochester

Rochester New Member

Jun 10, 2005
    WESTERN N.Y.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Any team that beats Montreal is a friend of mine...:D

20. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. wellington

wellington Member

Jun 4, 1999
    Charlotte, NC
    Club:
    Charlotte
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Great write-up Mikey!!!

This match will definitely be a defensive slugfest. Probably a 0-0 or 1-0 result. Montreal plays a very cautious, boring style of soccer. The team that scores the most goals will have a big advantage.

22. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Cant take credit for it. It was Dre just cross posted it from the Battery and E10 boards.

I have a feeling we are due against against Montreal. Ill go 1-0 to the Battery

Hollingsworth with a poacher's goal.

Up the Battery!!!

mikey

23. wellington

wellington Member

Jun 4, 1999
    Charlotte, NC
    Club:
    Charlotte
    Nat'l Team:
    England

I'll second that... 1-0 for Battery.

24. Rochester

Rochester New Member

Jun 10, 2005
    WESTERN N.Y.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

3-1 Battery Final

25. MenaceFanatic

MenaceFanatic New Member

Oct 5, 2004

Guys.......ONE THREAD PER TEAM. Both threads merged here..........