News: Chargers Move to LA, crash on Galaxy's couch.

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by DoyleG, Jan 12, 2017.

1. whiteonrice04

whiteonrice04 Member+

Sep 8, 2006
    Sure, but nobody has said MLS is bush league for sometimes having football lines although it has been insinuated someone has.
    I am just showing that I can throw out things and make things up to better my argument too. Not fun when it happens against your argument, huh?
    Same as accusing people of freaking out or panicking when they bring up a negative point.

2. whiteonrice04

whiteonrice04 Member+

Sep 8, 2006
    What does it matter?
    This has absolutely nothing to do with the argument/discussion.

3. PTFC in KCMO

PTFC in KCMO Member+

Aug 12, 2012
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    I'm just trying to inject a little humor into a pointless argument.

jayd8888 repped this.
  4. canammj

canammj Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    CHINO, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ============

So we always talk about changeover at Staples when the Kings-Lakers-Clippers play on same days/weekends etc.
    Wonder what the changeover time would be from soccer to football?
    Taking down soccer nets putting up goalposts should be pretty easy in comparison, pull the advertising boards, the benches etc.. Any ideas?
    MY HOPE, is they don't put the full football lines down until after the soccer game even if it means working at night to paint (depending what time the NFL game is the next day)

5. PTFC in KCMO

PTFC in KCMO Member+

Aug 12, 2012
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    I remember watching a USC football game and they were playing a 7 pm game and the announce team talked about the changeover and how the Rams played a 1 pm game the next day.

Granted, it was just end zones and the midfield logo. But I remember watching the game the next day and it didn't look like the Trojans had ever played a game.

6. whiteonrice04

whiteonrice04 Member+

Sep 8, 2006
    Hash marks would have to be changed also.

7. Nidal Baba Superstar

Sep 20, 2006
    Far away
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm a phoneposter and too tired to do quotes right now, but, for example, the post from profiled a page or two ago made that case fairly explicitly.

8. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    You said -

I responded to the fact that they are getting money making improvements to the stadium (and in theory the team), does in fact offer some consolation.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/consolation

sitruc and AndyMead repped this.
  9. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    BalanceUT, sitruc and JasonMa repped this.
  10. whiteonrice04

whiteonrice04 Member+

Sep 8, 2006
  11. PTFC in KCMO

PTFC in KCMO Member+

Aug 12, 2012
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    You might want to have that record player looked at. It keeps playing the same thing.

jayd8888 and JasonMa repped this.
  12. whiteonrice04

whiteonrice04 Member+

Sep 8, 2006
    Because you guys keep doing the same thing?
    Funny to accuse me of exactly what you guys are doing.
    How many times did you talk about that wet court?
    You guys continue to bring up other leagues like it has some relevance to MLS.

13. PTFC in KCMO

PTFC in KCMO Member+

Aug 12, 2012
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    I'm still waiting for your answer, by the way.

14. whiteonrice04

whiteonrice04 Member+

Sep 8, 2006
    I'm still waiting for you guys to stop bringing up irrelevant comparisons

15. PTFC in KCMO

PTFC in KCMO Member+

Aug 12, 2012
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Wait until we start talking about tanks and the Russian automotive industry.

16. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't forget about the fish tanks

Len and PTFC in KCMO repped this.
  17. 30King

30King Member+

Jul 22, 2013
    Rocklin, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Kramer_Giddy.GIF

Hi guys. What have I missed?

ElJefe repped this.
  18. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, I'm guessing that the EPL teams that share grounds with rugby clubs*, and occasionally have field lines holding over, don't count? According to your stated perspective, EPL is a joke of a league.... but, I'm quite confident you don't actually feel that way.

I don't like that it may be that NFL markings will still be readable at the Galaxy games (we don't know what will happen, though, do we?). But, I will not spend any time grousing about it either. We have an great league that is growing in attendance, TV audience, international prominence, quality of players and play, etc. I'd rather just enjoy all that and every time I think about the NFL markings on various MLS fields, imagine we are reaching parity with the vaunted EPL. :cool:

* Hull City AFC (EPL) shares with Hull FC (Rugby Super League)
    Swansea City AFC (EPL) shares with Ospreys (Welsh Rugby Union)
    Chelsea FC (EPL) shared with NFL Europe London Monarchs in 1997 :cry:
    Watford FC (EPL) shared with Saracens FC (Rugby Football Union) (kinda, Saracens left in 2012, but were sharing with Watford during Watford's two previous stints in EPL: 1999-2000 and 2006-07).

Oh, the humanity, EPL teams pitch-sharing! Even an NFL sharing sits there from 1997, forever staining the EPL as a JOKE! :ROFLMAO:

19. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You should avoid sports discussion forums... they are filled with Pretend Owners... indeed, I have a card sitting right here.

20. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. whiteonrice04

whiteonrice04 Member+

Sep 8, 2006
    #571 whiteonrice04, Apr 23, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    So because of what all you said no one can say anything negative. You must accept everything as is because the league is on a positive trajectory. Never ask for more or better. The league is doing well so football lines and painted endzones are fantastic.

I agree with you that MLS is not a joke because of football lines and painted endzones but I also think it is a very negative thing and fans have every right to not like it and complain and desire a day when it doesnt happen. It definitely happens a lot less these days. Owners have definitely heard the complaints. Some now go out of their way to address it. LA galaxy have released a statement saying there will be no lines and atlanta has officially stated there will be no lines. Luckily fans have made it clear they dont like it and voiced their opinion instead of sitting back and just accepting it.

https://www.lagalaxy.com/post/2017/...dule-ahead-2017-interim-season-stubhub-center

Nidal Baba Superstar repped this.
  22. Nidal Baba Superstar

Sep 20, 2006
    Far away
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You should be extremely confident I don't feel that way, because I stated and re-stated my actual views explicitly to prevent them from being confused with a strawman view that exactly zero people in this thread have voiced.

As a Watford fan since 1979 who knows the ground like the back of my hand, for example, I know extremely f*cking well that Watford fans have never had to put up with what Metro fans experienced many years at Giants. Extremely f*cking well.

I think you're a good guy, but you you clearly didn't read any of my posts in this thread, or any posts by others with similar views.

We're not taking about faint lines. As stated over a dozen times.

23. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then why did you say anything at all about it? Until there's a problem, there is no problem. Relax.. enjoy this wonderful league. Enjoy Watford (love their colors, genuinely).

24. Len

Len Member+

Club: Dallas Tornado
    Jan 18, 1999
    Everywhere and Nowhere.....I'm the wind, baby.
    Should we even mention fish puns?

Nah. Let's not sink that low.

PTFC in KCMO and JasonMa repped this.
  25. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    I hate mostly agreeing with you.