Changing Landscapes - Chicagoland

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by VolklP19, Dec 28, 2016.

1. ppierce34

ppierce34 Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Does anyone know anything about Illinois Fire Juniors and GLSA Libertyville FC 1974 for U12 girls?

2. illinisoccer

illinisoccer Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Both are very good teams. Top 5-10 sides in Illinois

3. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Who is ND? RC (Girls DA coach)?

Could be DA duties or just on break. I would not think much of it.

4. Ryan7852

Ryan7852 Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Mar 24, 2019
    I think I saw a great headline on this...something to the effect of “the stigma of relegation, with no clear path for promotion”.

Not a good look for FCU IMO.

For Sockers an upgrade in competition for that age group and affirmation they’re one of the best. (Converses Crossfire Premier totally hosed - sucker punched by MLS...errr US Soccer)

For Fire if you’re 18/19 and not getting a nod for first team by then you should leave. Imho.

5. justlearning

justlearning New Member

Mar 18, 2019
    Anyone know anything about the 2007 FCU girls teams (U13)? There’s 2 in MRL.

6. smontrose

smontrose Member

Real Madrid
    Italy
    Aug 30, 2017
    Illinois, NW Suburb
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ND is an 04 coach, those kids are playing H.S. or in the fall training program led by different coach. And i dont think he typically is involved with DA1. Would expect to see him coach some Fall games once that starts.
    I do not see him on the staff web page so that's a bit of a concern... It's taken my kid a year and a half to get a nice rapport going.

7. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
  8. Chicagoland Soccer Source

Barca
    United States
    Jan 23, 2018
    I heard that 3 kids from the 2005 boys DA team were sent home from Stevens Point for bullying and using a severe racial slur over and over to another team member.

The kids were ONLY suspended and I also heard this is one of the kids 2nd offense on bullying. I also this is not the first time these same racial slurs have been used by kids at this club.

What kind of program is FCU running?

9. mack1020

mack1020 New Member

PSG
    Brazil
    Aug 22, 2018
    Naperville, IL
    Heard the same thing. Not good at all. There were also a few kids at camp that were trying out for the club. How do you think that looks to them?

10. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    1st offense - mom and dad had to pick up - I have no issue with that. Second offense however - maybe there is more to come? I guess we should give it some time before we question the entire club. But who knows - you may be right.

I think MANY clubs are well behind the curve when it comes to bullying.

CSA spent nearly an hour discussing this at orientation and there is even a software provider that scrubs the web for key words - looking for abuse. Zero tolerance and I understand kids were let go because of some bad behavior the season prior.

Non-existant from the club we came from (at that time), so I can only assume that there are plenty more which go both ways.

11. Regista

Regista Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Feb 22, 2019
    2007 u13 girls mrl is a stacked group this year. FC united has an A and B team. A team is a top level state team for DA path. A couple of weeks ago they destroyed a TC second team with the coach making kids do pushups during the game. Their second team I believe played in the AB North but can't compare. There is a gap between AB teams and the A from IWSL. That TC team played in AB btw.

GLSA and chicago Fire south are top level also. Mix in Galaxy, evolution, wizards, northwind, csa, inter and the 07 girls are stacked with talent. Many of these teams can compete with the weaker 06 group due to age/maturity.

12. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Coach is a complete ass. If I was a ref I would throw her out of a game for that BS.

Totally classless!

13. Regista

Regista Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Feb 22, 2019
    I think the FCU stuff above is an another level of classless if those kids are allowed to return. Ridiculous stuff at any level. Parents should be ashamed.

BTW bullying and racism are not the same thing. Both offenses are separate and equally disgusting.

14. illinisoccer

illinisoccer Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    There have been lots of rumors about other inappropriate behavior involving FCU players and teammates. Apparently some kids were suspended last year for equally disturbing actions.

15. mack1020

mack1020 New Member

PSG
    Brazil
    Aug 22, 2018
    Naperville, IL
    In this instance they are one in the same. Started off by 3 teammates picking on a kid. Name calling, telling him that he sucked etc..then the racial slurs came into play from the 3 of them

16. justlearning

justlearning New Member

Mar 18, 2019
    Thanks. I’m pretty sure the FCU B team beat that GLSA team last fall. How do the 2 MRL divisions look - pretty even? I can’t tell.

17. Regista

Regista Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Feb 22, 2019
    I believe the the group with Galaxy is the stronger of the two. ELA is also in that group. This will be the year where a club that relies on reputation such as Team Chicago will be exposed. Other teams in this age range have caught up. Evolution also beat that TC second team by 14 goals in the same tourny that FC United played in.

There are some unknowns such as Campton United- AB level team with stronger older teams and LG celtics - similar but in IWSL B. I believe Palatine Celtic and Berwyn should not be playing in either group.

If teams consolidate in the future, this girls age group going forward could be the best in recent years.

18. blackandwhitesphere

United States
    Apr 28, 2019
    Girls 2006- Chicago Fire South, Chicago Inter, and FCU were selected for National League. 2006 have a good group of talented girls.

19. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    So sockers not fielding Pre teams for 2005 up
    So FCUs second team was selected for National League?

Not bad considering what I think is their 3rd team which is in Prem 1 of MCL.

Temendous depth at FCU for sure. They have done well against a plethora of clubs in the area when it comes to numbers.

20. blackandwhitesphere

United States
    Apr 28, 2019
    FCU's second team is not strong at all. Not the best placement for those girls. Inter and CFJS should fair well.

21. BraveUpNorth

BraveUpNorth Member

Jan 21, 2016
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Minnesota United traveled to Stevens Point this past weekend to play some preseason games against FC United. MNUFC won at each age group. I believe it was U13 3-1, U14 4-1, U15 6-1, U17 3-1.

22. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Wow - that's not good. Any word how Eclipse friendlies went in MI?

23. wrigley717

wrigley717 New Member

Aug 13, 2019
    U13 was 2-1 and FCU dominated the entire game.

24. Brace Yourself

Chelsea
    Turkey
    Jan 19, 2019
    Were not FCUDA teams raided by Eclipse N? So, this would not be terribly surprising.

25. MB50

MB50 New Member

United States
    Oct 18, 2018
    Anyone else find it confusing with boys and girls posts intermingled in same thread? May I suggest a separate thread for boys/girls?