Changing A Seat

Discussion in 'The River End' started by UnionizedPA, Mar 16, 2014.

1. UnionizedPA

UnionizedPA Member

Aug 3, 2011
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Hey folks,
    So I'm a season ticket holder and SOB member this year and had lots of fun yesterday. In my row next to me was a middle aged lady who brought 3 teen boys and their girlfriends and she seemed to be a season ticket holder as well (Judging by the scarves) Anyway, she only has 4-5 seats I assume but took up 7 spaces. Which made me have to stand on the steps. Throughout the game her boy's were fine but her girls kept saying stuff like "OMG I TOOK A PICTURE WITH THE BLACK GUY!" and "WAIT THAT'S EDU!?! I DUNNO ALL BLACKS LOOK ALIKE!"

I'm black and even if I wasn't, I wouldn't want to hear that ignorant stuff. I'm going to see how the next game is but if I'm forced to hear that again, is there a way I can change my seat? Also, who would I contact?

Thanks

2. ericlfd

ericlfd Member+

Nov 28, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Whoa wtf. yeah I would just call fan services. They'll take care of it. Lucky for them you are a nice guy, could have got them the boot for good.

UnionizedPA repped this.
  3. UnionGray

UnionGray Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Lawrenceville, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep - Fan Services AND SoB leadership

UnionizedPA repped this.
  4. christie3

christie3 Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Rising Sun, MD
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From my experiences the home opener is always pack with extra people and becomes normal after that. Still there no excused for what they were saying.

UnionizedPA repped this.
  5. eric512x

eric512x New Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Rather than inconveniencing yourself by having to change your seat and take a worse seat just get the attention of the services person at the entrance of the section before the game and just let them know where you are and have them just take a walk up the aisle so that you could signal them if that were to occur to check tickets of the people next to you. And if there is no problem just let them know that it's okay.

How are you supposed to chant and enjoy yourself dealing with that BS? And clearly these girls weren't the brightest and probably weren't chanting like you are supposed to being in the River End. It's people like that who ruin some of the fun for everybody else because all they are gonna do is judge and comment on how people act when they are enjoying the game. You should politely inform them that there are plenty of seats around the stadium which people can go to sit down and they can't kill the environment

UnionizedPA repped this.
  6. Coonpath

Coonpath Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Shamong, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  7. kendog3

kendog3 Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union

I am very sorry this happened to you. If this happens again please contact me directly (Kenny Hanson). If you DM me I will give you my phone. I will make sure this is dealt with. Racism is NOT something that will be tolerated in TRE.

Kenny

8. UnionizedPA

UnionizedPA Member

Aug 3, 2011
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Wow! I just want to thank everyone for the support guys! It really means a lot that everyone is quick to put an end to this. I'm a Trinidadian Russian Jew that was raised in the Souf, so I'm pretty patient with ignorance lol. I will make sure to contact you @kendog3 if it happens the next game or any future games and thank you! Make sure you guys come stop by section section 139 row H seat 20 and I'll buy ya a beer. I'm driving from Brooklyn, so I won't be making every game but I'll be making most!

eric512x and Ruud11 repped this.