Changes to the Rep System

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Huss, Aug 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A fine example of the excellent customer service we here at BigSoccer have come to know and love.

;)

2. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    What more am I supposed to say? You don't know. That's a direct and clear answer.

3. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Well said, Huss!

Sachin

4. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly, I didn't know if you meant that this particular user will have no way of knowing how they will impact reputation in a general sense, or that this user has no impact now because they are still toothless as an unknown quantity.

I now know that it was the former. :)

5. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Out of curiosity, what's the difference between a blue rep and a green one?

6. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    255, I think.

/rgb humor

7. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

He lies!

8. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Search tool people! :)

Blue means it has no impact. Green is pos. Red is neg.

9. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Silly me, I was looking in the FAQs. Now excuse me, I've got run a search to figure out what the point of "no impact rep" is. :)

10. maria_s

maria_s New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    E139°42/N35°32
    I have a problem again.

If I put someone into the Ignore list, I cannot see his/her rep?? On the control panel, since last night, I have not received a negative rep, but my total points have been reduced. (I thought I could reject reps from a user listed in the Ignore list...!!)

11. dsk_oz

dsk_oz Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Sydney, Oz
    Amazing .. I never thought I'd see you get a neg rep. :(

Your posts are always thoughtful, if maybe misinformed ;), so I'm surprised.

But thanks for clearing up the fact that you can still get neg repped by people in your ignore list .. I was wondering about that.

I should stop ignoring Mani so I can see his harrassment neg reps :D

12. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've received some nasty rep comments but one single thing was clear... folks on Big Soccer have a difficult time spelling swear words! I mean how can you misspell a four letter word????

13. dsk_oz

dsk_oz Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Sydney, Oz
    Dont' swear words get ****'ed even in reps?

I'm sure it's deliberate misspelling ..

14. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would be nice if you didn't limit the amount of rep moderators can give in a 24 hour period.

I use rep to help manage my forums -- positive rep for inteligent, constructive contributions; negative rep to trolls or to send warnings -- and the "You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later" can get in the way of doing that.

15. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    I agree with this. It should be unlimited for mods in the forums they moderate.

16. maria_s

maria_s New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    E139°42/N35°32
    Ah......., am I correct that the Ignore list does not work on the rep system...?

If fo, it's unfair. If it does not work on the rep system, then show the user for the rep system though he/she is listed in the Ignore list. Make it for full effect, All or Nothing.

Anyway, I don't know how to remove a user from the Ignore list.... how?

17. maria_s

maria_s New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    E139°42/N35°32
    Thanx for saying that. But it's difficult for being neutral always. I try not to harass anyone, but even writing a good thing on someone, other hate to see that. Know what I mean? So far, neg-reps to me are from all strangers, whom I've never met on threads, or I've never exchanged words with at all. Still, one of them keep sending me negreps, so I put him into the Ignore lsit. Darn... it didn't work...!!? 'Cuz he's the only who is in my Ignore list!!

18. dsk_oz

dsk_oz Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Sydney, Oz
    All right, who deleted my post? ie. the one that maria_s is refering to just above ..

It was no flame/troll and we're not in Rivalries, so what's the reason?

19. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    Don't know what you mean. I see it fine:

20. maria_s

maria_s New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    E139°42/N35°32
    yeh, I can see fine, too. Don't tell me if you put yourself into your Ignore list...!!!

By the way, guys. I must declare this. The one who keeps giving me neg-reps is not Mani!! So please leave him alone. Don't harass, please. He's even not listed in my Ignore list. I'm sorry I could not clarify the one who's giving me a hard time, but I'm not tough enough, or don't think it is necessary, to disclose who it was in the open space. I'm just a coward little (but cute) Japanese. However, since it seems that people has rumored around, I must apologize to Mani who might have been targeted on this issue. I'm so sorry, Mani. The problem that I have now is not at all with you.

(The guy has been red careded, but somehow, someone released him... His neg-reps had no effect for a long time, so I didn't care before. But now he's got points. Who else could give him any posi-reps...!? Shame on you!! And now his rep affects. A bit though...)

21. dsk_oz

dsk_oz Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Sydney, Oz
    Interesting .. a mod probably didn't delete it properly ..

I still can't see it, but not too bothered about it .. I can see all other posts though.

And no, I only said that Mani's harrassing me. I wasn't trying to say that he's harrassing you. Hope that clarifies that particular issue.

22. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    totototototally agree.....i do the same.

easy question that i should know
    yesterday i got my first blue rep, i have heard that it's like a neutral rep, how do i give that blue rep? Any other detail about it?

23. maria_s

maria_s New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    E139°42/N35°32
    are you really a mod...?? sorry. blue is not at all neutral. It just means that the sender has no effect to give/reduce rep points. Sender does not have enough rep points to spread (newbie, carded, etc....) So, if you lose all your rep points, voila, you can give blue rep to anyone (or precisely, blue one is the only you can give...) No one wants to give the blue rep, i guess...

24. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    The amount of rep that I've been able to give out in a day seems to be lower? Has there been some change made or is rep giving suspended? Just curious.

25. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Classic and reeeped.

Ps. What a ********ing weapon you are sunshine. pffffffffft.

Come on lads.