Changes coming to Libertadores and Sudamericana

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by Gyro62, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hmm...doesn't seem to be much in that yet. FOX still holds the rights in SA

2. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Says that there will be an English international feed for the games.

3. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hasn't there always been an English International Feed? Traffic provided that feed and it looks like now DAZN/IMG has taken over that...

4. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I knew there was briefly English commentary on some Fox Soccer 2 Go broadcasts but I wasn't aware if they were produced by CONMEBOL or by Perform who operated FoxSoccer2Go.

5. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nah. Those were produced by the latter.

6. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Fox used to have their own announcers do English commentary which was available on the SAP channel of Fox Deportes. That ceased when they followed the trend of splitting English and Spanish broadcasts to maximize distribution (many UEFA Champions League broadcasts on Fox Deportes would also be available with English SAP, often preferable to the FSC telecast since the audio on Deportes was the international feed as opposed to hearing the Fox In-house announcers on FSC.

7. Gyro62

Gyro62 Member

Jan 1, 2017
    The Fox Sports brand will disappear in Latin America with Disney deal to buy Fox property in the region, it's likely that ESPN will get the Fox Sports rights transfer to them, I'm not sure but I think the rights to Libertadores and Sudamericana expires for all in 2018.

8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    It has not really been discussed anywhere so I though that I might as well bring it up here....
    ....todays Copa Libertadores Final in Madrid will be televised on both Fox Deportes and Telemundo who swooped in for the rights for some reason.

I know that Andres Cantor is a huge Boca fan so maybe he had something to do with it.

9. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's in Posts 1,282 through 1,285 of https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/nbc-sports-networks-thread.2023455/page-52

10. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Thanks.

Shows you how often I go into that thread.