Chancellor Sarachan

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by TOAzer, Feb 28, 2018.

1. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A disturbance in the Force......Is this the End of the Republic?

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018...achan-expresses-interest-taking-full-time-job

..... Sarachan himself, who says his tenure as interim USMNT manager is now set to run through the end of this year’s World Cup season

Sarachan replied. “If you’re asking me could I and would I want to continue [as USMNT manager], the word is absolutely. It’s always an honor to be part of the men’s national team on any level. If I were offered that opportunity, I would love it.”

2. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This could not possibly happen............................:cautious:.................:coffee:................:unsure:

3. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Oh yes it can.

4. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, no more Supreme Leader Sarachan please.

No.

5. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In order to ensure the stability of MLS, the USSF and SUM will be reorganized into the first American Soccer Empire! :devilish:

6. USA-Zebuel

USA-Zebuel Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    “Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo” Screams Darth Cameron as the jerseys catch fire and the ice baths crush like coke cans in Stoke’s Locker room

7. StormTrooper

StormTrooper Member

Jun 18, 2002
    ATX
    <Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen>

DHC1 repped this.
  8. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    So this is how the USMNT dies. With thunderous applause

SCSAutism repped this.
  9. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    with this whole concacaf straight jacket league of nations starting up soon...these friendlies sarachan will apparently coach might be the last chance the usmnt has to play nations outside of concacaf for a long long time.....fifa and ussf the darkside ...is doing a bangup job of killing my interest in soccer and the us national team.....

ttrevett repped this.
  10. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I completely agree. I have never been less interested to watch the USMNT since 1994 when I got into soccer. They have run this team straight into the ditch somehow. With all the money that is rolling in and has increased over the years, it's amazing how far we've regressed.

Just sad.

adam tash repped this.
  11. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's treason then.

SCSAutism repped this.
  12. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    horrible coaching in 1st half. he also stated nothing needs to change like Arena. ESPN puppets keep going back to Michael Bradley as the savior under orders from garber and Flynn.

adam tash and UncagedGorilla repped this.
  13. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be honest, if Sarachan gets the boot in the next month, I’d give him an A+ rating for what he has done for this team.

People need to remember that November 2017, this team had never been lower.

He’s got rid of the dead weight and introduced a bunch of new faces into the program.

I hope whoever the new coach is would consider to keep Sarachan as an advisor... he’s earned that.

Three and Three repped this.
  14. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i hope the new coach puts sarachan and his entire staff on ignore, especially richie williams....i smell williams in the trapp captaincy and 90 minutes every game.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  15. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    The US players are better than they ever been. Sarachan was exposed on his coaching limitations these last 2 games. He placed Lichaj at LB, which limited an entire side of the field, and only an injury to mckennie forced a formation switch from Sarachan.

adam tash repped this.
  16. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    to his credit (cringe) at least he didnt do a like for like sub...and subbed on an attacker for a dmid instead of another redundant dmid.

17. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think some of these judgements are too harsh. You have to judge too based on where we’re at in the cycle. It’s year one, friendly time. It’s exactly when we should experiment with a few bizarre choices here or there. He fixed it and besides Novakovich, who out there would you have wanted to see who wasn’t on the field? He’s been outstanding mostly with player selection. Granted, I don’t like Trapp but he’s earned the right to play himself out of contention. The good coach allows for that to happen and not just goes with how do I look the best right now... it’s the big picture. And I like the big picture that Sarachan has painted. That said, which I’ll emphasize, I don’t want him in a permanent position. I want the new coach and it’s time Earnie got off his ass and hired the new coach already.

18. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    If its the bigger picture than why is Zardes starting and Wood coming off the bench when Novakovich is there?

19. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look I can nitpick, and I even did nitpick why no Novakovich, but when you look at a coach rebuilding a program entirely from scratch from the pile of shit Klinsmann and Arena left the state of the program and we’re complaining about one player’s absence in a meaningless, year one friendly... well, I’ll give him that.

20. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    But its not a meaningless friendly, this friendly, specifically the first half, severely exposed his limitations and for him to continue to talk about Michael Bradley might be coming back (a major failure of last cycle) is disrespectful to the current situation and the next generation of players. Jozy Altidore given his prime age is understandable, but Bradley is not even a top CM in MLS anymore let alone publicly always talking about him.

adam tash repped this.
  21. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    Sarachan cant get a College coaching job. To me, that's the mass saying that we are through with the Arena clan. Is Sarachan College soccer worthy? Yes.

adam tash repped this.
  22. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come again?

Sarachan didn't even "earn" his current role. They wanted Tab Ramos, Sarachan was just Arena's assistant for the past decade, and the nominal highest-ranked coach holding the bag after the disaster at Cuova.

As we all know, the USSF can't be bothered to hire a HC, let alone a staff of other coaches, so they cut Bruce loose, and kept the rest of his staff, which happens to include Sarachan.

The US team was in shambles, yes.

Erratic Friendly results with no cohesion = "A+" to you? Boring, negative soccer, devoid of obvious tactical instruction (as evidenced by the various meaningless platitudes on "aggression" and "make something happen"-type responses from both Sarachan and players) is what a good job looks like?

Boy, when we get a real coach, you're going to be in dreamland.

Sarachan may or may not be around. IIRC, we kept some of JK's team around, like Herzog was the U23 coach (it didn't work out well). I wouldn't mind if Sarachan maaaaaaaybe took one of those YNT vacancies. Unless Earnie actually wants to implement a large-scale vision of how he wants the US to play, in which case Sarachan is screwed... unless Earnie wants 4-1-4-1 and all based on how many CMs you can play at once...

23. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He "fixed" nothing. Like you said, these are friendlies, we won't know anything about this team TRULY until competitive play.

Why? Because Bruce Arena had 17 games without defeat... till we got pasted by CR.

He had only a single loss... till he crashed out in Couva.

Dave Sarachan was not qualified to be USMNT coach 20 years ago, when we hired BA. He wasn't qualified 11 years ago when we hired Bob Bradley (he was dumped by the Fire after sucking, not coincidentally his last HC job at any level). He wasn't qualified when we hire JK in 2011, and when we needed a coach, we went to Bruce Arena, not Sarachan, in 2016.

What's more, it's not only that he isn't qualified, he wasn't on the radar whatsoever. He was never a candidate, because why the hell would he be?

He's in this role because of USSF incompetence, not for soccer reasons. That should automatically preclude him from being considered a "good choice" for the NT. If you're not qualified at the beginning, you don't just get to coach a handful of meaningless games and then pretend like NOW you've got all these great qualities to be the NT coach.

It's like a post-hoc ergo proptor-hoc logical fallacy. Sarachan was named the USMNT interim coach, this means he's qualified to be USMNT coach!

24. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I love Dave going back to his Fire days and he did exactly what I would have done by just getting rid of the old guard and focusing on the good youth we have coming up.

That said, he does not deserve to be the manager for the 2022 cycle. Qualifying is a much different animal than a bunch of friendlies.

Xenimus and Eleven Bravo repped this.
  25. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I don't understand what the anger directed towards Sarachan is about.
    He's the interim coach. A role he could have half-assed, but seems to have taken seriously.

He's done exactly what we've asked him to do in giving lots of minutes to young and developing players. And his results haven't been horrible anyway.

He's not a great coach, which is why he's just the interim manager.

So when the new coach is hired, I'll give Dave a hearty pack on the back & wish him well.

Xenimus repped this.