ChampionsWorld files for Chapter 11

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by obie, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Rommul

Rommul Member

Aug 26, 2003
    NYC
    Uh the point is that the views of a couple dozen people on a message board does not constitute consensus.

I think it is overblown because it seems to be a small group of people with over the top commnets that have little to do with reality. Commnets like those saying Sir Alex purposely screwed over the fans. People using that one game as their proof that the tour was a failure despite the fact there were many other games that went off quite successfully.

I don't doubt Johns perceptions of the people around him. But it is likely that what is represented on a message board by a few dozen is simply not the feelings of the many.

Then again that is just my opinion.

2. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I wouldn't say that Fergie set out to screw Chicago fans. This whole thing wasn't thought out well, so that Fergie was forced to choose between his team's needs and the desires of Chicago fans. No surprisingly, he chose the team.

However, it felt like we were screwed. It felt like a finger being raised. We were told by the marketing that we were #1, that the big stars would be playing, and then that didn't occur. Thus, the bad blood.

3. Aljarov

Aljarov Member

Sep 14, 2004
    fmnorthamerica.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Good old MLS fans.....

:rolleyes:

Why would you applaud the demise of something that helped the overall exposure of the sport in this country? Euro-snobs? They've got nothing on MLS bigots.

This may be a slight exaggeration....but your reaction reminds me a little of the scum in the streets of Arab countries cheering at the news of 9/11.

4. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I reserve the right to convert any noun or adjective I want into a verb. It is my right as a citizen of these United States. :)

5. Bilbao2Brooklyn

Jun 20, 2001
    Brooklyn,U.S.A.
    I took a look at the full completed schedules. f'in fascinating. There is so much there of interest I don't know where to start.

everything from:
    • Monies owed to soccer clubs
    • Annual salary of Charlie and Chingalia, plus others
    • who all the investors are in the company
    • Charlie's personal property (he has the best Framed Authographed soccer jersey list I have ever seen. at least 150 top shelf autos on jerseys.)
    • The company's personal property.
    • How much total debt the company has.
    It is loaded with info, too much for me to type up. If anyone has specfic questions , I'll take a look.

6. Stephen1164

Stephen1164 New Member

Jul 7, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess the Big Question is Who's touring in 2005 and what teams are coming?

7. Bilbao2Brooklyn

Jun 20, 2001
    Brooklyn,U.S.A.
    I saw in another document (operating reports.) who is coming, or I guess potentially coming.

It is detailed and I do not have that doc. in front of me. But I do think I remember Italy v. England

8. Stephen1164

Stephen1164 New Member

Jul 7, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well according to Championsworld they are having clubs again this year not National Teams. Not sure what you mean by Italy vs England.

9. Bilbao2Brooklyn

Jun 20, 2001
    Brooklyn,U.S.A.
    I checked that Doc I was refering to, Itis called an Operating Report showing cash in and cash out, both actual and antcipated, and it has the following matches :
    ENG. v. ITA. (I guess that their nat's) WITH A 550K APPEARNCE FEE
    then
    JUVE -BARCA 250K APP FEE
    JUVE-CHEL "
    CHEL-BARCA "

10. Stephen1164

Stephen1164 New Member

Jul 7, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Where did you find this Doc?

11. Bilbao2Brooklyn

Jun 20, 2001
    Brooklyn,U.S.A.
  12. Stephen1164

Stephen1164 New Member

Jul 7, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Very Cool, Thanks for keeping us all informed. Wonder if the talk of a 2005 Tour is just talk.