Championship Sunday

Discussion in 'FC Gold Pride' started by Akers4ever, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Akers4ever

Akers4ever New Member

Sep 17, 2010
    Club:
    FC Gold Pride
    Here's hoping the Amy Rodriguez that shows up on Sunday is the A-Fraud that misses 3 opens goals. Then I don't imagine Buehler is going to let her have the chance.
    Prediction: Magnus-slaughter and Boxx get yellow carded out of the match on the same play. But Magnus-slaughter is still standing.

2. crog1967

crog1967 Member

May 5, 2009
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice! :D

3. Druid Squirrel

Dec 15, 2000
    A hollow tree
    Some unexpected good news about Kelley O'Hara: According to this tweet she'll be an available sub:

4. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone know what the ticket sales look like? a quick look at the online "pick you seat" list shows a bunch of tix still available.

5. Druid Squirrel

Dec 15, 2000
    A hollow tree
    Just by eyeballing it, it actually looks pretty good to me. I don't think it will be a sell-out, but it will probably be well above average for an FCGP game. Granted, that might not be saying much, but I had been a little afraid that, even though it's the championship game, attendance would tank with the team having less time to sell tickets. It now appears my fears were unfounded.

Oh, and if my Sunday league team is any indication, FCGP is in good shape. 7 of the 15 of us will be there. I just hope the other 8 have fun playing 8v11 that morning.

6. Longtimesub

Longtimesub Member

May 18, 2009
    Weather in Hayward on Sunday...88 degrees...Mostly sunny...

Not a good news...With that artificial turf...

In addition, there are not many places to escape sun at that stadium...

I remember reading comments of some fans who had to leave early from a FCGP game because they could no longer stay in the sun...

7. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rather have Abily not play, but aside from Name calling, this works....

Good Luck Gold Pride... records mean nothing now... hope it is a good entertaining game

8. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    May the Best team win today and the soccer be excellent

Lord, please do not let the Reff have any say in deciding the Winner

9. sjsocrfan

sjsocrfan New Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Club:
    FC Gold Pride
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Amen.

10. SolAlive

SolAlive New Member

May 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It going to be a wet shirt contest out on the field. I know that the PRIDE can handle the heat. Everyone fans and player please hydrate..

11. Druid Squirrel

Dec 15, 2000
    A hollow tree
    Well, that was something. A well-deserved comprehensive victory for probably the best women's soccer team ever assembled. It will be a real shame if they can't keep the core of this team together next season.

Of course, it wouldn't be BigSoccer if idiots like me didn't find something to bitch about, the dark lining of the silver cloud: parking was a total clusterf&$k. There was complete gridlock on the campus as no one could get into the parking lots. Some were full, some were "exact change only" (as the attendants could not be bothered to bring change), the empty ones were reserved for VIPs, and continued to be reserved long after the game started and all the VIPs, presumably, were comfortably seated. All the parking lot attendants were clueless idiots who kept directing everyone back to the full lot we just came from. Even though we got to the stadium 15 minutes searlier than usual, we ended up missing the first 15 minutes of the game sitting in gridlocked traffic and then having to park in outer Mongolia.

I think I liked it better when there were 2700 fans at the game instead of 5400. Ok, not really -- I know the team can't survive with 2700 fans. But still, damn. Bungled organization really pisses me off.

12. Akers4ever

Akers4ever New Member

Sep 17, 2010
    Club:
    FC Gold Pride
    A fantastic win, capping a fantastic season. Can someone explain how the expansion draft works? We have the makings for a dynasty here and I want to know who is protected.

Loved the atmosphere, although I didn't understand why the Pride Patrol was wearing Indy shirts. Very nice touch honoring Tonya's efforts as commish. All in all, I hope the new 2500 people found the experience worth coming back for.

PS as usual, I parked in Lot P and and while the teenagers were a touch slow, it wasn't the clusterf&$k I expected. In fact, it was surprisingly smooth. But I come up the back side of campus and it's never busy.

13. Druid Squirrel

Dec 15, 2000
    A hollow tree
    I'll start a new thread for discussion of who FCGP should protect in the expansion draft.

14. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congratulations to FCGP players, staff, owners, and fans. Well done yesterday on the field and well done at the ticket office.

15. katndogs

katndogs New Member

Aug 21, 2010
    atl
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hey guys,
    Congrats on a fantastic season. Well done!
    All the best from a Beat fan

16. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City