PBP: Champions League - Round of 8, Second Leg - FC Barcelona v. Juventus - 19 April 2017

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Gilmango, Apr 17, 2017.

1. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Neymar already dethroned Ronaldo this season. He had many excellent games for the club and NT. Ronaldo's season-worst than last, I can only remember 2 games from him this whole season vs. Bayern (even though 2 of his goals were offsides).

Rattlehead repped this.
  2. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

#127 Forzabarca, Apr 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    That's not what people will remember in 2-3 weeks. CR savior, brings 2 back to back CL and one Liga while Neymar has done a double from last year and flopping... especially in shooting and most importantly being so stupid to get suspended for 3 games. He's still a kid imo and needs to grow up.

And the blame goes mainly to Lucho for ruining the teams chances by playing fifa and tinkering and experimenting way too much with the squad, just have them fresh and fail immensely when they are supposed to be fresh. I honestly don't understand why he's in charge still.

Rattlehead, afar and puyol repped this.
  3. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Kid? yea but every player will act that way to some degree when things dont go their way. Neymar helped Barca to won treble 2 seasons ago, scored in semifinal (both legs) and final last season and was instrumental in second leg against PSG this season. Ronaldo never had a moment like that in last 2 seasons. Ramos was his personal savior.

afar repped this.
  4. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Kid and growing up part, I was referring to his attitude of behavior on the pitch when things don't go his way, as in getting meaningless and unnecessary yellow cards etc. He needs to control his frustration and let the ref handle, and if the ref doesn't, then let your skills show but shooting below the cross bar and not into the stands.

5. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    I know it really doesn't matter much at this point, but Neymar today is the greatest dribbler in the world.

He probably is the best dribbler I have seen of any Brazilian, including Ronaldo Fenomeno and Dinho --- and that is saying something.

I would take Neymar over CR7 any day.

6. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    and does Ronaldo have an even temperament or being a role model inside the pitch? One can easily get away with it, the other is hunted.

7. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

I've moved away from CR comparisons and skills. But when you have the odds stacked against you why don't you rise above? Why get yellow carded for silly challenges? I know it's not fair but why go against something you never can change unless you play for Perez. Also Neymar was instrumental in PSG. CR vs Bayern and who's through now? People don't remember details, especially if they are biased. It's time to go to another level mentally.

8. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    When Neymar helped lead Santos to the Libertadores in 2011 there were many, especially on BigSoccer, who claimed, (paraphrasing) "In South America defenders don't challenge him. They give him lots of space when he has the ball so he's allowed to look like a great fancy dribbler. As soon as he arrives in Europe he'll look ordinary as defenders will be on him like flies on sh-t and they won't let him get away with any of his shenanigans."
    You don't hear much from that brigade these days. At least, not about his dribbling. They've shifted the posts to diving and playacting now because their original claims have been quashed.

afar repped this.
  9. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  10. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    the price difference between Gomes and Dennis is amusing and disturbing at the same time

11. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  12. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, I wouldnt go as far as comparing him to Fenomeno and Ronaldinho, those 2 especially Ronaldinho at his peak 2004-2006, its a real magician . Ronaldo Luis is another player who played a big match like its only a weekly game. Its somewhat odd he won WC and multiple Copa America... but not a single CL in contrary to Messi.

As for today, I'd certainly rate Messi #1 and Neymar #2.

In every finals, CR had someone else doing the job for him. Ramos, Marcello, Di Maria, Bale, and his Portugal teammates. All he did is scoring a penalty and the one time he scored from open play in CL final... he's the only one that missed in shootout.

13. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The another funny thing in comparing CR7 and Neymar is that they share the SAME birthday February 5th!! LOL

14. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Not always agree with you but I totally agree this season failure is all down to Lucho, mostly.

Sure player has their own responsibility too but it long stretch, you could see its down to Lucho's weird and stupid rotation.

illusion and Forzabarca repped this.
  15. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't doubt most of the players, they keep winning trophies year after year despite winning everything already and despite not having a decent manager since Pep. The effort from the players against PSG and Juve's return legs enough for me to be convinced but when tactics were wrong in both matches the first leg, you can't blame anyone but the coach.

Forzabarca repped this.
  16. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Rattlehead, you know I love Messi, and perhaps Messi's dribbling is more direct, but at this moment, Neymar probably is the greatest dribbler in the world -- just based solely on the fact he does a lot more.

Messi definitely used to be, but he has lost that speed. It's nonetheless splitting hairs.

These are the only two who show some beyond, out of this world, outrageous skill.

I think Neymar has surpassed Dinho and R9 in dribbling. Both were extraordinary, but in my humble opinion, Neymar edges them slightly. The way he weaved past 5 Juve players in a space of 6 yards....these guys are probably the best defenders in the world right now, and he made them disappear.

17. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No, his role in the team has becoming more different today and has more impact on the team.

He still able to accelerate and dribble on his own if he wants to.

afar repped this.
  18. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Is hilarious how he doesn't trust Higuain with the tap-in and gives it to di Maria instead.

19. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Even DI Maria almost miss it which even more hilarious. That's why he wont win thropy with NT playing with those chokers.

20. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    To be fair to his teammates, he did choke a 1v1 in a World Cup final and a penalty in a Copa final. It's not as if he's so clutch in NT finals and his teammates aren't.

21. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That 1v1 chance is not even close to Higuain's misses. That was the first out of I think 4 PK shootout misses for Messi.