PBP: Champions League - Round of 8, Second Leg - FC Barcelona v. Juventus - 19 April 2017

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Gilmango, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I want anyone but LPB to win it

2. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

I'm sure Juve would have been nervous if it was only 1-0 or perhaps 2-0 but Lucho made sure they came to camp nou with 3-0.. That's confident building knowing yuu have a fantastic defense.

3. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    It will go down in UEFA history as it will always be brought up when a team loses a first leg 3-0 or 4-0.

jfcule, condor11 and ShortyMac repped this.
  4. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Gonna watch their game later. Agreed either o e of those winning would be good .

5. ShortyMac

ShortyMac Member+

Barcelona
    Apr 10, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone but LPB.

Deep Pal repped this.
  6. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You know if Real meets ATM in the final who is going to win. So I don't want ATM to reach the final and play against Real unless Real doesn't reach the final.

7. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    How would firing him a few days before el clasico help things?

Who would manage the team? His assistant?

8. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Cuadrado is very good player, we were strongly linked to sign him back in 2015 but shame Lucho decided to bye Arda.

9. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

His managing the team has messed up the team so I'm sure they will do great without that clueless retard.

puyol repped this.
  10. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    GG Guys!!!! Well fought. I am honestly surprised that we were able to keep a clean sheet against you guys, especially at the Camp Nou. Well I guess if we keep trying, we manage it eventually. Good Luck overtaking Real Madrid in the La Liga. Its now our job to get Real in the semis and knock them out.

Honestly normally I'd be asking for the easiest team, but I really want Real Madrid. I am extremely confident that we can beat them. Especially if we have the first leg in Italy.

illusion repped this.
  11. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We are counting on Juve to eliminate LPB, I will be cheering for you. All the best to your team in the remaining UCL games.

Deep Pal, ShortyMac and Leon12 repped this.
  12. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, even if ATM are leading 3 nil with 2 minutes to go you know the ref would award LPB 4 pens for fouls committed on the half way line.

Deep Pal, ShortyMac and condor11 repped this.
  13. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    he was a bust at Chelsea, so who knows if he would have worked out for us like he has for Juve (he seems to thrive in Italy)

he also does disappearing acts for Colombia

14. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

He is more fit for a team like Barca and I was surprised to see him moving to Chelsea as I didn't think he will fit there and Chelsea didn't need him. I'm sure he will be more fit for us than Arda.

15. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Strange game. We had attitude but we lacked punch.
    Weird to say this, but we actually played at a higher level than against PSG, but then we converted our chances. If 1, only 1 would've gone in it , then 2 or more would've followed.

In the end, the problem is still that we have no backups. No one in the bench to change the outcome of a game.
    I'd settle for a Deulofeu, a Pedro or even a ********ing Tello to spice things up.

16. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Congrats to Juve, BTW.

Deep Pal repped this.
  17. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    Pedrito is still sorely missed on that bench

18. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If they win, many will wonder how such a shitty team won back to back CL.

Leon12 repped this.
  19. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Messi missing that early in first half was very costly!! He usually buries those but its not meant to be. It CR and LPB year once again!!

20. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I am surprised he took it so hard. Some of his dribbling today was sublime, he just can't shoot. Sometimes he also looks for Messi way too much.

I hope Messi shows up scoring wise in the weekend if he gets chances. He has been choking some away vs them lately.

21. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I am gonna watch the Monaco game later, but both ATM and Juve can knock them out IMO.

22. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    poor planning by the board and the management, I have to blame both for Real Madrid recent dominance in the UCL. Under Laporta-Cruyff's 6 years leadership, Barcelona won 3 UCL, Real none. Under Sandro-Barto 6 years leadership, Barca has won only 1 UCL. Real won 2 and they might make it 3 this year.

23. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    thats also true

24. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Bettet luck next time. Barca tried their hardest and didn't prevail, the worst part is that RM will end up winning it again.

25. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Not surprising result, we havent been good this season, too many times we relied on MSN to delivers (Messi especially) while defence and overall tactic has been stale.

Congrats to Juve, they have been in many finals but lost there most of the time , hopefully they could finally win it again. I wanna see Buffon to finally get CL thropy.

Lucho should be replaced and Masche should be bench or sold. Most of this season failture has been Lucho's failure.

This season failure should fuel Neymar to greater height next season, he's still young and to me he has the ability to be future to dethrone CR if not Messi.

illusion repped this.