PBP: Champions League - Round of 8, Second Leg - FC Barcelona v. Juventus - 19 April 2017

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Gilmango, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1 Gilmango, Apr 17, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    More important than football[​IMG]
    But football still must be played
    [​IMG]
    Cannot find the map of the world with times but 1145 Pacific, 245 Atlantic/Eastern in north america.
    [​IMG]
    We are down 3-0 and Clasico is looming but we need to play aggressively and hope for an early goal. Of course I don't think Juventus has conceded a goal in CL in something like 400+ minutes. But we need to end that streak a.s.a.p. to build hope. Obviously, conceding a goal means we'd need 5 so we cannot do that.

Injury wise we will be without Rafinha and Vidal, and might also be without Mascherano and/or Turan.

Suspension wise I think we are good but Unclesox can update if we or Juventus is missing anyone or has anyone in danger (I know the YC count resets at a certain point, I think after this leg is finished.

Lineup is tough, quick guess assuming Masch not ready to start and Math won't start again, so 4-3-3:
    MAtS
    Roberto-Pique-Umtiti-Alba
    Raki-Busi-Ini
    M-S-N

1-0

More hopeful than I can muster: http://www.sport-english.com/en/new...e-barcelona-comeback-against-juventus-5977399

2. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
  3. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I wanna rep, but I don't wanna rep.

4. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I am excited guys. I really hope we can finish you off, but the game is far from over. What we really need is an early goal to settle things, but more so is we cannot concede an early goal. In the UCL we have actually only conceded a goal before 20 min three times, since Allegri took over, without scoring one before that.

Juventus 1-3 Barcelona (14-15 UCL Final)
    Monchengladbach 1-1 Juventus (15-16 UCL Group Stage)
    Sevilla 1-3 Juventus (16-17 UCL Group Stage)

Other than those three games, we haven't conceded any goals before 20 min, without scoring one first.

So I have hope that we can soak up any pressure from Barcelona in the first 20 min. we must start the game pressing high up the pitch just like we did the first leg. I am confident we should be able to see our side through, but I know it will be a tough and hard fought battle.

FORZA JUVENTUS!!!! FINO ALLA FINE!!!!!

5. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Dybala playing ?

6. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    The following players are one booking away from suspension.
    For the winner, they would miss the semifinal, first leg.
    For the loser, they would miss Matchday 1 next season.

Barcelona:
    Neymar, Piqué, Rakitic, Suárez

Juventus: Cuadrado, Khedira, Mandzukic

After this match all remaining yellow cards are wiped from the slate.

Gilmango repped this.
  7. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    MATS
    Mascherano - Pique - Umtiti
    Busquets
    Rakitic - Iniesta
    Messi
    Paco - Suarez - Neymar​

8. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yes he should play. He was never really injured. Just against Pescara, he took a small knock and came off because Allegri wanted to make sure he was ready for Barcelona and so he didn't injure himself. He is training with the team, and I am 99.99% sure he will be ready to play. Might be bad news for you guys, but its always nice to face full squad.

9. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If it was up to me, I would have this formation 4-2-3-1

With Roberto as deep lying playmaker and regista to Busquets and Messi. With Messi and Iniesta as free roaming AMs. Neymar as trequartista and Suarez as deep lying forward.

Messi can create chances and roam forward to score. Masch can provide cover for RB position, he played well defensively in that position.

With this formation, we will have a balance in the defense and the midfield but the midfield will create many chances for Messi and Suarez. Raki can come in as a sub. This formation is based on Brazil 1982 dream team.

[​IMG]

afar and Gilmango repped this.
  10. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Good luck to barca today :D

11. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    LOL! Look who's back! You loser! :laugh:
    You're lucky Monty hasn't been around for a while. Not even sure if he's still a mod.
    How you liking Mourinho?! LOL! :cry:

condor11 repped this.
  12. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Loser? :cry: just came to wish yall good luck tonight, i wouldnt want to see Real Madrid win both the league and CL. As for Mou, he is the chosen one ******** Moyes/LVG. Next year will be our year.

13. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Your history here suggests otherwise.
    As does your history at afootballforum where you call yourself (wait for it) Teso dos Bichos. :rolleyes:
    He's your hero, eh?
    He's been low key for a few years now. At least, I haven't noticed him much outside the UK forums where I rarely trek.
    Save yourself the shame and do likewise.

14. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm very sure we can score 3 goals past the Ol Lady, but our defense is too weak from getting wacked a couple of times from the Ol bag's cane!! I'm predicting a 3-2 loss!!:cry:

erick repped this.
  15. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Bruh, why take my post out of context, off-topic. Im sincerly wishing you and the rest of the cules good luck. No one wants to see Real madrid win another orejona and increase the gap

16. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  17. herm2020

herm2020 Member

Nov 30, 2004
    USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    No remuntada this time around.

18. herm2020

herm2020 Member

Nov 30, 2004
    USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Leaky defense. Shitty system. Can't believe we are back in this position again after the PSG series.

19. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Matchday squad against Juventus: Ter Stegen, Piqué, Rakitic, Busquets, Denis, Iniesta, Suárez, Messi, Neymar, Cillessen, Mascherano, Alcácer, Alba, Digne, Sergi Roberto, Gomes, Umtiti and Aleñá (B team). Missing players: Arda Turan, Rafinha and Aleix Vidal are still injured, while Mathieu and Masip have been omitted out.

So Masch makes the squad but a healthy Mathieu is omitted. Great to have Masch back, I know Lucho was mad at both of them (and Neymar) but Mathieu cannot even make the bench, wow. Lucho doghouse.

With Masch back I like the Illusion lineup above but would prefer to see Rakitic over either Roberto or Alba.

20. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

There is a major liability there in the name of Shitmes that will ruin any chance of a comeback. Even if not playing his presence stinks up the place and team.

21. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Needs to be 5-1 or 4-0, we'll probably out with 3-1 victory in this leg.

22. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Who says Barca will even win? I think a draw is what this abysmal defense can muster. 2-2 is my prediction after being 2-0 up. [emoji55]

23. ShortyMac

ShortyMac Member+

Barcelona
    Apr 10, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know how hard we'll work to advance. 3-0 for ET, 4-0 to advance in 90'. El Clasico on Sunday...

24. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bit surprised by no Masch, though I read that Lucho was mad at him and was yelling at him in last game. Before we moved to the 3 defenders this was our grand once team though, so hopefully it is enough. Busquets back is huge, Alba supporting Neymar on our left flank is huge, just hope Roberto can perform at RB, and Rakitic and Ini can (with the help of Sergio, Roberto, Alba, and Messi) help us dominate the middle.
    [​IMG]
    Last 15 home CL games under Lucho have seen us score 50 and concede just 7 (so 3.33 - 0.466), that'd be close but not quite get it done. Of course Juve have never conceded 5 in CL which is what we'd need if they score 1.

25. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Fatigue is only an issue for 2 players though. Granted, two important players - Messi And Suarez.

Are we sure we even want remuntada 2.0? Juve is the biggest obstacle in Madrid's way for a double this season.

unclesox repped this.