PBP: Champions League - Round of 16, First Leg - Paris Saint Germain v. FC Barcelona - 14 February 2017

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Gilmango, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, same story, I have no idea if/when Visca is coming back and I remain slammed at work myself, so here's my plain vanilla thread starter. If anyone would like to take over go for it:
    Anims Aleix
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Aleix: "I'd like to thank everyone for all support. These things happen in football & you don’t expect them, that’s part of our profession." [​IMG]

Cannot find the time graphic, sorry, 11:45 AM PST, so 2:45 PM EST, busy times:
    [​IMG]

Ahead of clash with PSG, B team players, Carles Alena & Nili, have also been called upon to travel with senior team to Paris
    Squad that'll travel to Paris: Ter Stegen, Cillessen, Masip, Piqué, Rakitic, Busquets, Denis, Iniesta, Suárez, Messi, Neymar, Rafinha, Alcácer, Jordi Alba, Digne, Sergi Roberto, André Gomes, Umtiti and Mathieu

Prediction:
    MAtS
    Roberto - Pique - Umtiti - Alba
    Raki - Busi - Ini
    M- S - N

we draw 1-1 (though I hope for better)

inswinger, ShortyMac, unclesox and 3 others repped this.
  2. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Neymar and Rakitic return to Champions League action after serving Matchday 6 suspensions.
    Likewise, Veratti returns for PSG.

Thiago Motta (PSG) is the only player suspended for this first leg.

Neither club have any players in danger of missing the second leg through yellow card accumulation.

Gilmango repped this.
  3. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    puyol repped this.
  4. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Finally found this with times all around the world:
    [​IMG]

puyol repped this.
  5. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Motta suspended and now Thiago Silva to miss out too:
    Barcelona have received a boost ahead of their Champions League last-16 first leg encounter with Paris Saint-Germain, as the Ligue 1 side will be without Thiago Silva. A calf problem suffered in the 2-1 triumph over Lille last Tuesday kept the centre-back out of Les Parisiens win over Bordeaux and has persisted to rule him out of action for the upcoming game at Parc des Princes.

Unai Emery hasn't called up Thiago Silva for his matchday squad, also leaving the injured Grzegorz Krychowiak and suspended Thiago Motta out of the match. As a result, 21-year-old defender Presnel Kimpembe is expected to line up alongside Marquinhos when the Blaugrana come to town, the French Under-21 international has come through the PSG academy but is yet to feature in the Champions League. The silver lining for Emery, however, is the inclusion of Javier Pastore, who had been suffering from a multitude of injury problems.

6. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Odds favor us even on the road, PSG 28/11 to win, 13/5 to draw, 6/5 for Barca to win. PSG joins Bayer, Benfica and Porto as 'home dogs'. http://www.oddschecker.com/football/champions-league I'd still be happy with a draw with goals but PSG missing both Thiago's should help us.

To move to the quarterfinals the odds are 3/10 for Barca (mostly 1/4 though) and 13/4 for PSG (mostly 11/4): http://www.oddschecker.com/football/champions-league/psg-v-barcelona/to-qualify

To win it all Barca 3.5; Bayern 4; Real 5; Atletico 10; Juventus 12; Man C and BVB both 13. http://www.oddschecker.com/football/champions-league/winner

[​IMG]

puyol repped this.
  7. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sport also predicts the same 'grand 11' as me and Marca, so this is more interesting for the PSG lineup which is up to date (no Silva):
    [​IMG]

8. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    The haters are not gonna like these key players missing for PSG ("Barca are always soo lucky" [/whine]). Hope we have enough mods available to combat the trolls.
    Still a very tough fixture needless to say. As usual the odds-makers overrate Barca big-time! (I hope the players never look at that). Barca's bench looking pretty shallow with the 3 injuries of their own. God knows what Lucho will do if Sergi gets sent-off again.

9. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #9 Gilmango, Feb 14, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    Gomes again? I mean he has looked OK on offense the last couple games, less so on defense. At least we have Ini and Busi both starting for the first time in weeks! Rest of the lineup as expected (beyond the Gomes for Rakitic nonsense, I mean if you don't play Raki how about Denis plays...).

Barça line-up vs PSG: Ter Stegen,
    Roberto, Pique, Umtiti, Alba,
    Gomes, Busquets, Iniesta,
    Messi, Suarez, Neymar
    On bench: Cillessen, Rakitic, Denis, Rafinha, Alcácer, Digne, Mathieu
    [​IMG]

Paris Saint-Germain: Trapp; Meunier, Marquinhos, Kimpembe, Kurzawa; Rabiot, Verratti, Matuidi; Di María, Draxler; Cavani

Only surprise seems to be Meunier instead of Aurier

puyol repped this.
  10. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Great ... Gomes instead of Rakitic again ... perfect ...

omajac repped this.
  11. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

What on gods earth is wrong with Lucko? Shitmes for Rakitic again, they have a beef or what? Look personal to me. Or is he rotating so Rakitic is fresh.. [emoji19]

12. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm going for a 2-2 draw!!

13. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    That's a gamble. Gomes looked good in the last match but then again who wouldn't against Alaves "B" team?

Forzabarca repped this.
  14. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    it's always personal with Lucho , or do you really think that another coach would pick Craperto instead of Vidal as a starter in the RB position ? he probably have a threesome with both roberto and gomes every night :whistling:

15. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    well, at least he looked good in a match, when the last time Raki looked good? The line up looks good, but I don't want Busquets to be isolated since Gomes will support Roberto.

16. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

That's BS, Rakitic hasn't looked as good as he used to but still he's way better than Shitmes. 3 goals 1 assist vs Crapmes 0 goals 1 assist in almost equal games when not being as good as before.

17. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Craperto will have a busy busy night, they'll try to exploit that side every chance they get. Shitmes better help out as much as he can.

18. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Iniesta has zero goals, so what's your point? You don't measure performance for CMs by how many goals they scored.

19. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    MATS is amazing...

Forzabarca repped this.
  20. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    our right wing with both roberto and gomes who have no idea what so ever how to defend is looking really bad ... god help us for the remaining 80 minutes

21. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    In transit and have to listen on RAC1... "Supersonic save by ter Stegen"

22. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Iniesta has 3 assists in 10 games in Liga more than Shitmes 1 in 16 what's your point? He will come short every way you twist and turn. He's simply not good enough for Barca, especially for that money. Stop trying to justify Luchos actions.

23. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Didn't you say MATS was not good enough for Barca too? Lucho has no choice but to play the in form CM. And no choice for right back but to play Roberto. So not defending him, it's just the facts.

If anything to blame, is the tactics which I have been criticising the whole season.

24. ShortyMac

ShortyMac Member+

Barcelona
    Apr 10, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    di Maria. Meh.

1-0.

25. Forzabarca