Champions League Matchday 5: Dortmund (A)

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Phillyspur, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    No score after about half an hour. Not watching: I have a job and do not have cable. No idea if it's on TV. Guess interest is low since we are through already and have APOEL yet to come at home. So a loss would be no biggie and Dortmund are desperate.

Lloris (C), Aurier, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Rose, Dier, Winks, Eriksen, Dele, Son, Kane

2. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That's it. No more game threads for me.

3. mekarshalev

mekarshalev Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    It’s 1:1 already, keep calm, nice low shot by harry
    the game is on FS2
    COYS!

4. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Son puts us ahead :)
    Great work by Dele.

5. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That's it - top of the group!

6. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Did Spurs just win the “Group of Death”? Weird.

7. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    I know it’s petty, but I love how the headlines are all about Liverpool squandering a 3 goal lead rather than Spurs winning in Germany and topping the group.

BalanceUT repped this.
  8. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Group of death, this and that...

BalanceUT repped this.
  9. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    we didn't just win it, we pissed it. six points off Dortmund, and four (and very nearly six) off Madrid. Obviously there's little to play for in the last one, but we may very easily finish on 16 points.

have that, f*ckers.

BalanceUT repped this.
  10. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    for some reason, I just have this feeling in my gut that we'll get Munich in the next round.

... which is fine.

BalanceUT and soccernutter repped this.
  11. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Smashed it.

12. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Of note: this is the first time Spurs have come from behind to win a game this season.

And how good was Rose today? Davies did alright but Rose just gives us so much more with his pace.

13. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Well that was surprisingly anticlimactic. Remember when the draw came out and everyone had us in the Europa League? How many would have had Spurs winning the group with a game to spare?

So we come through a torrid strech of games that sees us play RM home and away, Liverpool home, and Man U, Arsenal and Dortmund away, and we come away with a respectable record of 3 wins, 1 draw and 2 defeats, CL qualification as group winners and 4th place in the PL. Although, I would gladly trade the last 2 results...

Thought Poch got his team selection spot on after his bizarre Arsène Wenger-inspired team and tactics on Saturday. Hopefully it has finally dawned on him that Eric Dier cannot play CB and that Sissoko serves no real purpose in the side (no good technically, cannot score or make goals and canot play as a holding mid, although he must have the best agent in the world to get 30 mil for him).

For the first time, Aurier looked calm and in control, and Rose is starting to look like the Danny we all know and love. However, with Aldeweireld and Wanyama out long term and Dembélé nursing a chronic foot injury, we are thin in key areas with the fixture congestion of the Christmas period coming up.

Next up is the Pulis-less WBA at Fortress Wembley.

COYS!

soccernutter repped this.
  14. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    or, quite possibly, far better than fine.

was having a pint with my Spurs-supporting colleague/mate Tyler, and he's told me that his brother Travis - whose job has him travelling all the time - has responded to Tyler's vicarious tales of my times over (and particularly this last time) by suggesting that we all go back over for some Spurs CL knock-out round exploits. When informed of this, I naturally responded that I couldn't reasonably afford going back again so soon. It was at this point that I was informed of the deals that Travis gets on airfare and hotels through his work. Example: 12 days in Beijing, airfare+5-star hotel for two = $1600 ($800 apiece). Details will need sorting, of course, and my excitement may be utterly premature ... but I may be going back this Spring for just a couple hundred clams + match tickets & beer tabs.

I'm told they wish to include me for (in addition to my charming company) my wealth of experience in London, that I might sort certain logistics, i.e., match tickets, trains, etc., and to help sort the wheat from the chaff of the countless attractions of London. Poor bastards ... they'll be wanting Westminster Abbey, the National Gallery, and fine dining, but will be getting Griffin Park, Loftus Road, and the Antwerp Arms.

Get the f*ck in!!

BalanceUT, Merck and Golara repped this.
  15. SpursGlory

SpursGlory Member

Nov 17, 2004
    Seattle Sounders FC
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never imagined us winning the group let alone in such a convincing fashion. This team can do anything in this tournament, hope we get a favorable draw and push to the final. COYS!