PBP: Champions League - Matchday 3 | FC Barcelona v Olympiakos | 18 October 2017 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That has got to be so tough on him. Not only is there the whole price we paid vs. his performance but there have even been rumors (complete with tabloid articles) that he is a 'mole' within Barca's dressing room, giving Barca info to Ronaldo when on Portuguese national team duty. I don't think the rumors are true but make it that much harder for him.
    http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...tiano-Ronaldo-La-Liga-Andre-Gomes-News-Gossip

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...eymar-Real-Madrid-James-Rodriguez-News-Gossip
    also that he'd rather be at Real: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...Andre-Gomes-Barcelona-Real-Madrid-news-gossip

2. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

That 3-1 has Shitmes written all over it.

Nikolau two goals tonight! [emoji23]

3. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too bad, a draw there would really serve us well and let us rotate more in group stages.

4. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    All over in Turin.

Barca 9 pts
    Juve 6
    Sporting 3
    Olympiakos 0

5. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Damn Paulinho came close a couple of times . He is getting in the right positions.

6. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    It's too bad the Pique red forced Deulofeu out of the match. Probably his most complete game since he got here.
    Taking people one one on one and crossing properly.

R.Baggio and Gilmango repped this.
  7. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I want Deulofeu to be rewarded with a start against Malaga.

jfcule and R.Baggio repped this.
  8. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Apparently we have >99% chance of advancing. I think we can consider rotating already (but we won't, of course)

9. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    I think we will try to go for 1st place, to avoid PSG, Man City, Chelsea, etc. So that is why we will not rotate.

10. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right, and also we want the 2nd game at home, as group winners. Even if the 2nd place clubs have as many danger teams, that still seems to have value. I think Unclesox published some stats which seemed to confirm. But yeah, win in Greece and we will lock up advancement. But really we want psych revenge of beating Juventus in Turin, so that may not be a rotation game as much as it might (though if we have first locked up it should be), the home game v. Sporting is a bit of a question. We will want a win if first not locked up, but we should get the win with a few subs.

All about the quality coach-trusted squad subs, as I see it these are them: Jasper (I assume, did great spelling MAtS under Lucho, will play in CdR), Masch (obviously), Roberto (not all trust him as RB but reports are that Vidal will only play RW not RB for Valverde, so that's big (backing Semedo), plus he is great all over midfield and truly best Busi sub), Paulinho (that's how fast his ascension has been in this club. That's it. Personally, I trust Denis, and I want him and Deulofeu to keep getting minutes. Also want to see if Vidal can deliver in Dembele's absence but if we just stop there that's a pretty thin squad. 6 or 7 trusted subs. Maybe 1 more when Rafinha comes back? Seems no return for Turan from dog house, leave on transfer or never play again. As for Verm, maybe he gets a chance to prove himself but only if there's an injury/suspension, and also if no Jan. signing of Mina.

11. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Last I heard, Mina is not coming in January anymore. Only in the summer.

12. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    But was it the weak competition ?

13. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Pique must lead the planet on dumb yellow card accumulations! Why does he act like its the end of the world when an attacker gets past him? Even if that attacker is still 50 yards from goal? A similar thing just happened in a recent league match when there were plenty of other Barca defenders covering the situation.

Viscaelbarca repped this.
  14. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    921040304974782464 is not a valid tweet id

15. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    It doesn't matter. Players like him, with something to prove, desperately need games like this to reach their potential. Even if it's against weak teams.