Champions League Final tickets. Did you apply?

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by hearts123, Mar 25, 2019.

1. jesta

jesta Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    john smith sends his regards .... he believed :D

but still, he is in the same pot as you or me .... he very likely has no tickets

2. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I seriously, seriously doubt it. There will be 70,000 people in the stadium on the day. At the world cup last year everyone was paranoid about this. It was literally every other question on the ticketing thread was about names on tickets. As it was, no one ever checked. I went to the final with a third hand ticket with a Russia guys name on it bought through a German guy.... there will be plenty of people with names on tickets such as "Kia Motors", "Coca-Cola", "Heineken", etc. as far as I know....

3. jesta

jesta Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    UEFA does not check ticket names, that is official. They even do not print guest names on the tickets, only purchasers name is printed on all of his tickets. This way name checks on entry are not only not intended but also impossible to do.

The only exception are games in Italy due to local laws.

4. jesta

jesta Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    regarding local laws, it will be very interesting to see how UEFA is going to handle local laws for Euro 2020 (personalized tickets in Italy, fan ID in Russia etc...)

it is more and more clear how stupid Paneuropean-Euro idea was, from that idiot platini! must be a nightmare for UEFA to organize!

glennaldo_sf repped this.
  5. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not only that but when a team qualifies for the next round of the knockout tournament fans will find themselves needing to meet those standards in just a couple of days. We'll see how this all works...