Champions League Final tickets. Did you apply?

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by hearts123, Mar 25, 2019.

1. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Just wondering how many here applied for tickets. Is there any news on how many applications they recieved?
    It seems to have been very low key as opposed to other years and the Window was only open for 1 week.
    Good luck and let us know how you get on and any news you may have.

2. marianelah

marianelah Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I applied. They've only made 4000 tickets available for this draw; so my hopes are low.

3. zdog

zdog Member

Apr 18, 2006
    akatime / virginia
    A buddy and I applied. Like @marianelah, we are not optimistic. We figure that the odds are better that Leicester wins the Premier League -- again.

In addition to the 4,000 tickets going to the general public that @marianelah mentioned (of which more than a few will probably end up with scalpers), the ticket allocation is:
    Finalist one: 17,000
    Finalist two: 17,000
    UEFA, national associations, commercial, broadcasters etc.: 23,500 (presumably this is where most of the scalped tickets will come from)

I haven't seen any reports on how many applications were received.

As I expect you know, we should hear from UEFA by Friday 5 April 2019. Good luck to anyone here on the BS boards here who applied.

hearts123 repped this.
  4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    23.5k for the corporate muppets is outrageous. They need some, obviously, but that's just pure greed. Should be something like:
    23k for each finalist
    6k for lottery
    9k for UEFA, commercial, player families, etc.

hearts123 repped this.
  5. jesta

jesta Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    we applied again with the whole group, 11 people and each with multiple applications on friends names etc... but it is getting harder and harder, less and less tickets appear to be sold in general sale and now uefa even announced they partnered with some special ticket security company (both for filtering and mobile ticket security purposes as well), so caution is needed when applying, different PCs, browsers, IPs etc. are needed

same old story over and over again, no tickets no fun, and if you get some then troubles with accomodation and transfer become reality. my mate slept 50km outside kiev last year since nothing was available. he had to sleep in london two years ago as well since cardiff was sold out :D

hearts123 and karmin repped this.
  6. karmin

karmin Member

Jun 7, 2016
    Are you saying if I have four adults in my house and I do two applications with two pairs this is NOT allowed? It worked for Euro 2016, surely this is allowed if the same name is not being used twice? Does it mean both applications are now void?

hearts123 repped this.
  7. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah, I took a peak at the hotel room prices on FRI and SAT that weekend in Madrid. Outrageous! A place that I stayed at before for around $150 is now charging over $600 per night! Not sure who can afford that on top of the price for match tickets and flights. I didn't check the prices in Toledo though, which might be a good option - easily accessible by high speed rail.

hearts123 repped this.
  8. marianelah

marianelah Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nope! It's allowed. There was no per household ticket quota that im aware of. The tracking of IP addresses and browsers has nothing to do with ticketing applications since this can be masked very easily with a simple VPN etc. However, you will probably get flagged if you use the same name and same address on 2 applications.

UEFA used blockchain technology for last years SuperCup for the purposes of moving all ticketing to e-tickets and preventing touting for future events. But this Champions League final is a paper ticket final. So touting will still be a big problem for this final.

hearts123 repped this.
  9. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    How do you know so much about the security? I check Google at length evry competition looking for information on what checks they use to void some aplications and can nevrr find anything other than same name address etc which is obvious. Or same Cc number, which cant be used this time as it was not requested.
    I make up passport numbers as I don't think there is way they can use to to compare name and number.

10. jesta

jesta Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    #10 jesta, Mar 29, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    he doesn't really know :D

but yes, high quality filtering is possible if applied correctly and nearly anything may be pre-defined. still, until now, there was no indication in any press release or statement by UEFA or FIFA what really gets filtered! but that's also logical, isn't it? they won't let you know the threshold because it would be much easier to fight it then!

but I am pretty sure their target is not john smiths whole family applying on his behalf just because he desperately wants to see tottenham playing their only final in history ... they rather go against proffessional touts and their scripted automated systems and simmilar. of course, they might filter john smith as well if he exaggerates ... :oops::rolleyes:

hearts123 repped this.
  11. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Yeah what you say is probably what I thought. The real targets will be the big touts, but then they have to apply the same way as the rest of us with names addresses etc.
    The only 2 things I could see that are checkable are CC numbers and ID numbers.

12. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Although if John Smith was such a big Spurs fan he wouldn't be applying either. He'd be busy applying for quarterfinal tickets right now. Final? Furthest thing from John Smith's mind right now, but if Tottenham get to the final he will apply through the club where his chances would be much greater.

TBH, I never understood why someone would apply for tickets now, unless you are a scalper. If you lived in or close to Madrid I could also see the point of applying, I guess. Otherwise, why?

13. jesta

jesta Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    how about being a football fan, having some extra cash and loving big games live atmosphere? and when the game gets to such a great city as madrid it is hard not to do so :);)

14. jesta

jesta Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    real pros do not apply the way we do, they have their scripts that do it all in a fully automatized fashion!

some years ago I've read a great article about well known ticket company from texas, they had several contractors, all sofisticated programmers just for those purposes. ticketmaster is continuously changing their security systems only because of this! and these guys from texas are surely not the only ones... there are quite a lot of them out there, ticket business is a huge one!

15. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    I have been to the kastfew WC finals and Euro Cup finals and apply for CL finals intending to go. Im Scottish and never likely to see either my country or my local team in any of these
    I go for the game and the atmosphere. I must admit tho Ive sold a few in my time to cover expences

16. zdog

zdog Member

Apr 18, 2006
    akatime / virginia
    A ticket to a CL final ... that would be something I will probably do once in my life (if ever). A friend and I apply every year (I have applied for Masters tickets for our family for over a decade as well, always unsuccessfully).

I view it kind of like buying a lottery ticket (although I don't actually buy lottery tickets). For a minutes, I can fantasize that I actually get lucky and get to go to the game.

This time around, there's a bonus: I have a good friend in Madrid who is always encouraging me to visit, and so I have a place to stay.

It's be fantastic to be able to see e.g. Messi play in a CL final, and Barca v Man City would be something this year -- but I'd see Ajax v Porto as well, just to be part of the spectacle.

17. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Buy a lottery ticket and win. Go to every final from now on in hospitality

18. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Anyone heard of anyone getting anything yet? I would think the winners will be informed first allowing time for payment or redraw if no payment recieved.

19. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How would anyone find out if they restricted big touts and but didn't apply the policy to common people who applied a few times but not dozens or hundreds?

20. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Fecked if I know

21. madej

madej Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Poland
    Nov 17, 2017
    not been successful.,and what now :(?

mkdaman1818 repped this.
  22. jesta

jesta Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    buy from touts, take part in competitions or wait for next year!

got inbox full of mails as well ... none enjoyable! will be better next year :D

mkdaman1818 repped this.
  23. mkdaman1818

mkdaman1818 Member

Manchester United
    Canada
    Feb 16, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Me and 4 of my friends tried and we all got denied, couldn’t even sniff one ticket amongst all of us. Gutted! Here’s hoping there’s some unclaimed and somehow we get lucky! If anyone has a spare they’re selling for face value, please do let me know!

24. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    ha ha ha nice one.

25. jesta

jesta Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    friend of mine living in the states (born here of course) got two tickets in the highest category. he is city fan btw. . . no clue how something like that happened!

apart from him I know of noone who was successful this time. obviously not having to enter payment card made it much harder to get anything! damn GDPR!