Champions league final on ESPN????????

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by spender, May 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spender

spender New Member

Mar 3, 2002
    I didnt see it listed, and on tv they have been advertising it for espn deportes. please tell me I am getting needlessly frantic and it will be shown in the US on espn 2.

2. GStuto

GStuto New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    you are getting needlessly frantic and it will be shown in the US on espn 2

3. spender

spender New Member

Mar 3, 2002
  4. rangers00

rangers00 Member

Jun 1, 2000
    [whiner mode on]
    ESPN2 sucks. How can they only show one game in the next match day? Only Liverpool X Milan? This is absurd. They buy the entire package and only show one game in the U.S.?

Geez, with this kind of disrespect on soccer, how can soccer grow in this country?

So help me. I am a newbie in this country (just fresh off the boat). Where can I catch the other CL games this coming Wednesday? Are they on Fox Sports World? GolTV?

If ESPN2 aren't going to show the other games, why don't they let the other channels get the package?
    [whiner mode off]

5. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    That's. just. so. funny.
    (And you're not even trying....wow.........)

6. DallasGooner

DallasGooner Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Dallas, Texas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I think this post is a fine example of why ESPN during the course of the CL group stages and knock-out rounds only shows 1 game a week. I really don't need to comment further on this...

7. Leedsutd12

Leedsutd12 New Member

Aug 23, 2002
    Newton
    you cant be serious right...you do realize its the finals right?? there arnt any other CL games this wednesday besides Liverpool v Milan and if u really where serious about that then you probably shouldnt be watching at all cause you have no idea whats going on

8. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Nah, he's not serious. Just lonely and depressed. I guess these feelings are exaggerated on Saturday evenings. That seems to be the time of the week where his most pathetic posts of all are made. :eek:

9. rangers00

rangers00 Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Hey, BozoFan welcome back. I just wonder where you were hiding, given that ESPN2 is broadcasting 1 game on this MD. I wonder why you still haven't started your whining...

10. rangers00

rangers00 Member

Jun 1, 2000
    [whine mode on]
    Heck, are you serious? this is the Champions League!!! What does ESPN2 broadcast on Tuesday during the CL timeslot?

NBA Inside Stuff
    NBA Finals Film: 1982
    World Series of Poker

For Christ's sake, this is the Champion League. And a sports channel in America would rather show something in 1982 and Poker than the Champions League?

What do you mean by aren't any other CL games? I mean, can't ESPN2 just show a shot of the Bernabeau or the Nou Camp or Stamford Bridge? Heck, this is the Champions League. Even watching the grass grow on a pitch that a champions league participant plays on is more exciting than these American garbage. You know why I have to hide in Nevada Smith all the time? because that's the only occasion that I can feel that I am not in this sick country.

I am sick of everything in America. That's why I have to demand ESPN2 to televise anything related to the Champions League, even watching grass grow.

Why do I come to this country then? easy, I didn't want to, but I was deported by Canada some years ago. I have no choice but to hide out in Manhattan...

[whiner mode off]

11. jorywea

jorywea New Member

Aug 23, 2004
  12. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I can see that I was sorely missed by you. You clearly have an unhealthy obsession with me. Drooling at your keyboard; eagerly waiting for me to make my next post. This time you were able to hold-off for a grand-total of 14 minutes before replying to my earlier post in this thread. Not bad.

Better question: what did they broadcast last Wednesday during the CSKA v. Sporting Portugal cup final? ESPN Canada (aka TSN) were not afraid to show it. But ESPN USA continues to suppress the best of the best (ie. the best club competitions of the best sport). They clearly have an insecurity problem. No wonder that you can relate to them so well.

And what's the problem in that? You mean its bad to experience different cultures? I guess we should all just be like sheep (like you) and watch silly mainstream American "sports".

13. rangers00

rangers00 Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Not really, but seeing that your whining disappear. I was afraid that something bad had happened to you.

Well, seeing that some dope changing his behavior is worrisome. It's not necessarily an unhealthy obsession. Afterall, the changes may be on the bad side, i.e. you may do something insane at ESPN's Bristol HQ...

ESPN suppress the best of the best? How do you figure? the UEFA Cup Final was available on FSC. The other CL games are available on Setanta. Or do you crawl back to your hole again, that a game must be on ESPN to count? You clearly have an insecurity problem...

The problem is that you are very unhappy living in America. You don't think that's a problem when you live in a country that you feel very sick of? Geez, you have more problem than I thought...

If you hate America so much, what's stopping you from getting back to your home country? Are you a fugitive back home?

If it's not bad to experience different cultures, why don't you try to experince the American culture instead of bashing it? Talking about slapping your own face.

14. howcheng

howcheng New Member

May 12, 2005
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    So that's it? They're only airing it once? Anyone know if it's going to be rerun anytime soon? I totally missed it, alas...

Thanks.

15. cosmosRIP

cosmosRIP Member

Jul 22, 2000
    Brooklyn NY
    They've rerun it twice, I would think that's it.

16. aartef redded

aartef redded Red Card

Apr 25, 2005
    So I take it youre happy w/ the mainstream coverage soccer gets in the US?

17. rangers00

rangers00 Member

Jun 1, 2000
    I don't care. I have enough Euro soccer to watch from my foreign sources (access to 15-20 games per week) that I can't care less whether other Americans are watching soccer.

Soccer getting mainstream in America is absolutely none of my concern...

Take the CL final. I have access to English, Italian, Cantonese and Mandarin commentary.

Mainstream coverage in America? what the fuk is that?

18. aartef redded

aartef redded Red Card

Apr 25, 2005
    So whats your beef w/ people who actually care about having more mainstream soccer coverage ie Soccer on espn. & the big networks?

19. rangers00

rangers00 Member

Jun 1, 2000
    The same kind of beef I have with whiners who don't face reality. They pollute this forum...

20. aartef redded

aartef redded Red Card

Apr 25, 2005
    So how do YOU propose to change the status quo? Or are you SATISFIED with it?

21. rangers00

rangers00 Member

Jun 1, 2000
    I already said, I have already had more soccer than I can watch. Why do I have to change the status quo? I can't care less whether other Americans are watching soccer.

Are you deprived of watching soccer?

22. aartef redded

aartef redded Red Card

Apr 25, 2005
    Why are you so adamant about defending the status quo when youre satisfied with it? Or do you merely dislike whiners?

23. rangers00

rangers00 Member

Jun 1, 2000
    What is there to attack? USA is a paradise as far as following soccer is concerned. Why are you so adamant to attack the status quo? Is it solely because of ESPN2's 1 CL games per week? Do you think CL is the be-all and end-all of soccer? As you the same as the other whiners that the only yardstick of soccer telecasts is CL, and the only yardstick of TV is ESPN2?

Yep, I dislike whiners too...

24. aartef redded

aartef redded Red Card

Apr 25, 2005
    Well considering that ESPN is the #1 sports source for 90% of TV watching sports fans , I think its pretty important to have as much of their support as possible would you agree? Are you saying you would be against more ESPN coverage of soccer? & Isnt it a a bit ironic to be whining about the whiners you dislike?

25. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    :p [​IMG]