Champions league and Europa league thread (General)

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by wilson00, Apr 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. venema20

venema20 Member

Jun 17, 2014
    AZ was the better team. Looked a lot more dangerous but just couldn't find the final touch

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  2. Wonder if that shitty pitch played a role in that.

3. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    AZ was a lot better. They kept Man United from having any meaningful chance (seriously 0 shots on goal) while creating a lot of opportunities themselves. Unfortunately despite the many positions of chance and general attacking dominance they really lacked in creating actual high quality chances. Players were extremely wasteful, especially Idrissi.

4. Ajax might have to play the Chelsea match without fans in the Arena. Reason is the behaviour of the Ajax fans in Valencia and the looming suspended one match punishment after the last years Benfica match.
    UEFA has announced an investigation. They also mentioned unsporting behaviour of the Ajax players in Valencia after the 6 yellows. Dunno if that has anything to do with the looming match ban.
    UEFA gets together Octobre 17th to discuss the matter.

5. Orange14 repped this.
  6. Yesterday evening in Studio Voetbal they talked about the defense of Ajax against RKC. If they play like that and give the chances away like that and on top of that Onana is awol, it could become very serious. In the clips they used Dest in two, three occasions was the culprit of goal chances and also the goal was for a big part his (wrong) doing.
    That kid Abraham and also Mount arenot going to be wasteful with gifts like that.
    So it's a bit worrying.

It's the first Ajax - Chelsea cup confrontation ever!

7. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Just a reminder, wednesdays game between Ajax and Chelsea has a weird 6:55pm start time

8. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Not weird. They want to maximize TV money by showing games at a different time. They did this the past two seasons

9. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Just tuned in around the 25th minute, what did I miss? Seems pretty sloppy so far.

10. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    How was this offside?

1187060161644511233 is not a valid tweet id

The way the UEFA showed it in the replay was very misleading. Zooming in on Promes but without showing the moment of kicking

11. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Amazing that no goals were scored. the offsides call against Promes was one of the tightest I've ever seen but I guess VAR got it right. Ajax are managing to make all the last ditch clearances. Other than the one shot on the disallowed goal, Ziyech has been quite poor. He just is not the kind of player that can beat players easily and is getting dispossessed too much. ETH has a hard decision to make about when to bring Neres on and for who.

Both Martinez and Alvarez have been poor passing the ball. One of these teams is going to score in the second half but I don't know which one.

12. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The feed on the US channel showed it was extremely close and they had a line drawn showing the offsides but it was really close.

13. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    AZ up 2-0 at the half and Feyenoord down 2-0 at the half. PSV to play later.

14. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    AZ with a dominating 5-0 win. Should have been 7-0 or 8-0 with better finishes. Vlaar had two huge chances, one time he tried an acrobatic finish a la C. Ronaldo and failed miserably :p The opposing team quit defending in the last 10 minute or so, resulting in a flurry of goals at the end of the match.

Stengs was the MoTM for me. He had only one scrappy goal on a rebound to show, but the way he worked on the ball, dribbled, passed, crossed, etc.. it's simply phenomenal. You can tell every time he's with the ball, the defenders started backing down with eyes wide open as if some magics shows were about to begin... reminds me of a young Arjen Robben.

Koopmeiners had a solid game as well. Two routine PK's. Had a couple "Frenkie De Jong" moments when he received the ball at the edge of his penalty box, and carried it gracefully past the half way line. Not as smoothly and swiftly as Frenkie, but still his awareness and positioning are quite good.

I thought Boadu had an okay game. Good to see Jordy Clasie fit and on the field again.

gabrielguilarte and Orange14 repped this.
  15. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    van Bommel is an IDIOT!!! Bergwijn tweaks a hamstring on a breakaway late in the 2nd half and has two subs waiting to come into the game. He takes of Ihateren and Gakpo. I hope for Bergwijn's sake this is not a long term injury but van Bommel, what were you thinking. PSV without Malen are just above ordinary. They had so many chances to score and could not convert. Everyone was just so poor in the offensive end. Too bad as this Austrian team was not very good.

16. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Didn’t watch PSV today, but from what I’ve seen in past couple matches, seems like Van Bommel is having a hard time incorporating Ritsu Doan in offense. He’s too slow as a wide player, and he drifts to the center too much, overlapping with Ihattaren and Bergwijn. I think the front three should be Bergwijn, Mahen and Bruma/Gakpo. Let Ihattaren run loose in midfield.

17. Well, I made the comparison of a mix of Bergkamp and van Persie, but we can throw Arjen in it too. This guy is going to be frightening if we both are right with what he looks like.:)

18. Feyenoord continues it's out of form MO against an opponent that was so unbelievable bad it's an outright insult to lose against them.
    The icing on the cake after the ridiculous handsball by the Portuguese idiot was the penalty gift by the ref after the YB player simulated a foul by Vermeer.
    Can't we settle the Klassieker by email?

19. https://www.vi.nl/nieuws/coefficientenranglijst-schade-blijft-beperkt-dankzij-az-en-psv
    Coëfficiëntenranglijst: schade blijft beperkt dankzij AZ en PSV
    24 okt 2019 22.57 uur[​IMG]
    © Pro Shots
    Ondanks de nederlagen van Ajax en Feyenoord valt de schade voor Nederland deze week mee op de coëfficiëntenranglijst. Door de zege van AZ in de Europa League werd het gat met België zelfs opnieuw kleiner gemaakt, terwijl Oekraïne op afstand werd gehouden.

20. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    2 of the 3 Turkish clubs lost as well

21. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    UEFA claims they had access to more cameras than the network and that the Promes goal was justly ruled offside. Of course they dont release actual video of those cameras....LOL

https://www.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=361605

22. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I saw this as well. It's so ridiculous, this is Trump level facts. Blind statements without any evidence to back it up.

If this is the truth why wouldn't they just release the footage? That would squash all arguments. This seems like an absolute cover up and i'm sure they will not release the real footage. UEFA is so entirely corrupt. Just admit to the mistake and people will move on! I understand they can't change the result of the game now and I trust it wasn't done with any intent.... but shit, own up to your ********ing mistakes or prove that there was no mistake made! Pathetic by UEFA.

23. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Apparently UEFA did release the relevant images. Ajax Showtime have a post with the pictures: https://www.ajaxshowtime.com/article/hoofdnieuws/126570/uefa-var-keurde-doelpunt-promes-terecht-af

As I've said, this is probably as close a call as we will ever see.

24. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  25. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Wait wait wait.... Wow!

First of all, these images prove nothing besides that there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY that they could deem this as an offside without substantial doubt.

Secondly, are you kidding me on that second picture? Look at the picture on the right, the line is drawn completely diagonal. Compare the line they drew to the 16 meter box and the goalie box. I know it has to do with the angle of the camera, but that's extensive! Even with that diagonal line you still can't see his offside. Are you kidding me?

Wow, just wow. I think the decision was an accident but this just proves more than everything how petty and corrupt the UEFA is. They will stop at nothing to cover their tracks and take no blame. Jesus, just admit you made a fricken mistake! This is pathetic. Really, pathetic.