Champions League 2nd Round (2nd leg): March 11th, 2015 - Chelsea FC vs. Paris Saint-Germain - [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by yasik19, Mar 10, 2015.

1. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Game time.

12:45 PST or 3:45 EST

No idea who's not available. I actually don't like 1-1 score line as scoring one doesn't impact the mindset of PSG. I'm hoping for a 2-0 win, but we can't rely on Courtois to continue making those saves.

2. hudson hooligan

hudson hooligan Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 6, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everyone but Mikel is available tomorrow. Matic is fit, too.

We came home with a 1-1 away result last year against Atletico. We know how that went.

But I see this going 2-1 Chelsea

3. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    So Matic really did injure himself during that celebration....lol

4. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Matic could be key to this game IMO. Just hope the layoff hasn't blunted his instincts.

5. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Well, he was available in the first leg....not sure he'll be as ready-to-go given the rest.

6. Cletis

Cletis Member+

Jul 12, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How many Chelsea supporters are thinking the same thing I'm thinking? Every player, every fan will say Chelsea need to come out strong and score 1 or 2 today at least, but we all know that Jose will almost certainly play more to prevent a goal than to score one.

7. drjman

drjman Member+

Jul 28, 2010
    Southern California
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That we'll win, but I'm ok if we go out now?

We'll probably win, but if we are to get knocked out of this competition, now is the time. No Europa and fewer matches in key final weeks.

8. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    there's no shame in going out to PSG unless they look like total shit like RM did yesterday.

9. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I want the league. Everything else is gravy. We should advance here and I hope we do, but I won't be disgruntled about it.

Bruckner283 repped this.
  10. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Amen to the two posts above.

11. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I really have some concerns about Arsenal, Citeh, and Liverpool being out of Europe. I want to continue to carry the European flag for England but I really want the league.

PSG have teeth, but defensively they're pretty weak. So we will get our chances but we have to put those away. Looking for improved play from Costa and Fabergas. They have been down since the suspension and we really need them to get back to scoring and playing free flowing football.

12. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  13. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking for a pay day as everything he said was surely writen by his lawyer. Can't blame him with all the attention put on him by the media.

14. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
  15. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Payday from whom? Those guys did not represent Chelsea in any way. Chelsea tried to pacify him even if it was not their responsibility but he ignored. Chelsea's responsibility ends there.

16. Cletis

Cletis Member+

Jul 12, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting - complete opposite of my feelings right now and not the sentiment I expect to see on this board. PSG sits in 2nd place with 15 wins in 28 games in Ligue 1, four fewer wins than Chelsea have in 27 BPL games. Playing in London with an away goal, this is an absolute must-win / advance for me today, preferably by attacking and scoring rather than playing for the 0-0.

A "disgrace" to lose? I would not use that word, but certainly a massive disappointment to be knocked out this round to the same team we eliminated (one round later) last year.

352klr and cokeyounut repped this.
  17. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Psg may not be having a good season but that is more to do with them not being motivated enough. Their individual talent is on par with us. They will definitely be up for a CL game and they have a chip on their shoulder from last year. Going to be tough and I am hoping for the best.

18. drjman

drjman Member+

Jul 28, 2010
    Southern California
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    did you quote the right post?

19. ArmanSLR

ArmanSLR Member+

Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Bit surprised as well. I will be extremely upset if we do not advance here. Regardless of whether it helps us in the league, this squad needs to be reaching the Semi's of the CL while leading the prem. We are a top club and should not be worried about progress in the CL hindering our chances in the prem.

I think it will end with a 2-1 or 3-1 Chelsea win. Hoping for a big night from all the lands especially Cesc, Matic, Costa, and Hazard.

Last match the ref allowed PSG to hack our players non-stop and kill our attack, hopefully that will not be the case this time around.

Yahtzee repped this.
  20. hudson hooligan

hudson hooligan Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 6, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I won't lie, I'll be disappointed if we exit the Champions League at this stage. I'm with the others in saying I want the league title above everything. At the same time, I don't want to exit in the first round of the knock-outs.

And even though I'm not English and I shouldn't care either way, I like having the bragging rights over other EPL teams that Chelsea is the only club carrying the Premier League banner in Europe (I don't see a way back for either City or Arsenal). If we were to lose tonight, I just think that reflects poorly on the English game in general. Let's we've got the gumption to advance deep in the tournament when all other English sides have failed.

21. hudson hooligan

hudson hooligan Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 6, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    XI: Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Fabregas, Matic; Ramires, Oscar, Hazard; Diego Costa.

Subs: Cech, Zouma, Filipe Luis, Willian, Cuadrado, Remy, Drogba

Surprised to see both Willian and Cuadrado on the bench. Ramires will likely play out wide.

I'm so happy to see Matic back, though.

22. Cletis

Cletis Member+

Jul 12, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like Jose is hoping Ivan or JT can score another set piece goal today.

23. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Huh? That is our most attacking line up bar perhaps Willian who isn't at all great in attack anyways.

24. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Ramires and Oscar to run everyone down. Definitely not playing to attack.

25. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    We are a big team in a big competition, lets act like it. I'm going to pissed if we lose today so should any other Chelsea fan. We are fully capable of winning so lets f*ckin get it boys, cmon Chelsea.

Dtrip77 and Cletis repped this.