Rumor: Chad Marshall to Argentina?

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by FloridaFC2MLS, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This really isn't true. If anything, foreign-based players get the benefit of the doubt and receive more callups than MLS-based players. Do you think Ryan Miller and Eugene Starikov would have been invited to the January camp if they were in MLS? Probably not. When a player goes up against other well-known MLS players, it's easy to make a comparison.

If Player A is a fringe US international and Player B is worse than Player A, it's clear that Player B doesn't deserve a callup. But if Player B is playing abroad, there's the "maybe" factor that becomes so alluring because there's no way to directly compare him with known US quantities.

2. FloridaFC2MLS

FloridaFC2MLS Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Starikov and Miller dont have a cap yet... they were just called into camp so you cant really compare them to a Chad Marshall that we already know so much about. Yes, I do understand what you are saying, but Chad Marshall has been watched so many times and kept tabs on by Bradley already that if he did the same in Argentina at best, I wouldnt see BB bothering with him. A different manager, maybe because they havent seen him as much. Starikov also was called in to take a closer look at and Bradley thought Miller probably developed in Sweden some since he left at 24. I didnt say Argentina would be a notsogood move if he did well. I said it could effect him if he did averagely as someone who we have seen play multiple times.

3. Barcasox

Barcasox Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Club:
    Athletic Club Bilbao
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    here's the thing though: If Bob Bradley has been unimpressed by Chad Marshall in MLS, where he can watch all his games with ease and is STILL not calling him up, moving to Argentina and playing at a higher level would definitely put him in a better situation for the national team.

Regardless, many South American (Colombian) players want to come to America because of the financial stability and lack of nonsense off the field, but now that his one connection is in the second division, it doesn't really matter

4. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I'm sorry guys, but this is one rumor that doesn't make a lick of sense.

Of course, last night Chad Marshall was fairly awful against FC Dallas. He looked like he wanted no part of chasing Brek Shea around all night.