CFU nicknames: What should Haiti's be?

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by FlashEP, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Yea. I've seen connection play son. I know how they play and I saw the game myself. If it makes you feel better then believe what you wanna but Islanders are no where near the class of Connection or Jabloteh.;)

2. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Bruh,

You made the WC in '74 by cheating the Soca Warriors out of a world cup berth. You didn't earn it fairly like most teams do and no Jamaica is a minnow yet we've played better opposition (south american and European) than you've faced in your entire existence.

Obviously even with our struggles in recent times.... the South Americans and Europeans still rate us over your trash outfit.:eek:

I'm not worried at all. If anything you should be because you have a history of failure at senior level. That's what this is all about and maybe you can't face that reality.

3. BoriQa

BoriQa New Member

May 26, 2007
    Ajax, Canada
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Where was him? Sniffing his ganja to help him think of the best excuse to give for the embarrasing performance the HV had in front of a newcommer team.

Fortunately for him, the referee stepped up and did what the HV couldn't do. Setup the opportunity!

4. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    Yes Jamaica is now a minnow. Teams like Guyana and St-Vincent are stronger. You keep looking back at the past. Look at the present boy. Only losers look behind. Winners look in front. Look at your youth teams. They suck man. How can you expect you guys to be good in the future if you're youth sucks?

5. midknight

midknight New Member

Sep 5, 2005
    Paris
    guys you're spoiling a perfectly good thread. I'm going to unsubscribe from it because i keep getting more disappointed every time i check it

6. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    I like les Grenadiers!

7. midknight

midknight New Member

Sep 5, 2005
    Paris
    Its not bad, but there are 2 points against it, one of which has been evoked beforehand and the other having to do with the confusion that can be made whenever Haiti meets Grenada, and or St. Vincent and the Grenadines for instance.

8. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Excuse?? Moron the team is playing away from home in a tournament so I think a draw away is good. Harbourview isn't a team of luck son, they earned the draw but Islanders would've had their asses handed to them in Jamaica.

I thought you predicted that Islanders would win? What happened??? The cheap stuff didn't come thru for you now did it?:D

9. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

Keep worrying about what Jamaica was/is. It doesn't change your fate. You are doomed but I ain't gonna tell you that. The results of your team will come '08.;)

10. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    I'm sorry but Jamaica's teams aren't very good. On the reggaeboyz website the fans are all hyped up because they've recently setup a friendly.......with El Salvador. No disrespect to the custalecos but for crying out loud they're ranked 141 and they'll probably still beat the reggae boyz. They're just that bad. The english speaking countries in the Caribbean aren't that good anymore and its not because they're slumping a bit, not at all, the reason is..... they're style, i guess you can say, has got it's roots probably from the British where physical play can be a huge advantage but now basically teams like Haiti and Cuba, which play less physical and more tactical, have solved the Jamaican and Trinidadian football style. In other words, "THEY'VE BEEN EXPOSED!"

11. midknight

midknight New Member

Sep 5, 2005
    Paris
    I don't buy into Warlord's crap, but I don't see how you can base some kind of a "paradigm shift" on what is essentially one year of football. Obviously Jamaica has been having its problems, but as recently as 2005 they were in the QF of the Gold Cup. Haiti and Cuba, with all of their "tactics" didn't make the cup and bowed out with 0 points respectively
    In 2007, TNT with something resembling its C team did better than Cuba and slightly worse than Haiti.

Jamaica's playing style, at least since the mid 90's has always been physical, but if you think TNT plays the same way you haven't been watching much of us prior to the blacklist. I'll give you that both Haiti and Cuba have talented players and are on the up but please don't use such a short time frame to assume that you have any kind of new hegemony in the Caribbean.

As of now, all of the teams are on the same level. Its left to be seen if that will be the case when everyone cleans house for the WCQ

12. Trin

Trin Member

Sep 6, 2005
    pa
    Why worry anymore? Warlord's here to handle the trash talk, not like I agree with everthing he says.

For me its time to play the waiting game...

13. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Focking Moron. Jamaica has more technically skillful players man for man than most Carribean teams including Haiti. You have a bigger player pool but bigger doesn't necessarily better:p

Your players get a free pass to play in the french lower leagues like the Guadaloupeans and Mariniquans. Jamaica has far more skilled players. The problem is discipline and proper coaching that has been the case for the last few years. You can NEVER expose Jamaica son. We beat you every single time at senior level. We are your nemesis.;)

14. BoriQa

BoriQa New Member

May 26, 2007
    Ajax, Canada
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Welcome back Warlord!!! We missed you!

Also ganja and corruption to name another few...

15. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    There's no question Flash EP is a dumbass.:eek: He doesn't realise that Haiti is still not a dominant force in CFU and cannot lay claim that they're " the new kings" of Carribean football when they have nothing on resume to support that.:p

I'm hoping we draw them again in the preliminary round so I could put his false notion to bed.:D

16. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

This coming from a fan of an upstart CFU club team and one whose country citizens bought Trini flags to support the Reds at Germany '06.:D

That's the closest PR will ever get to a WC finals.:p

17. BoriQa

BoriQa New Member

May 26, 2007
    Ajax, Canada
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Well, isn't that what you did too? Support the Caribbean team in the tournament?

You probably supported Germany jerk chicken you.

One tournament at a time! We are not rushing.

18. SMerisier

SMerisier New Member

Nov 7, 2007
    What about " lavallas" it means the flood in creole

19. midknight

midknight New Member

Sep 5, 2005
    Paris
    Its too politically connoted with Aristide and everything that went down in Haitian politics since the 90s. Might have been acceptable prior to 2000 but now, and considering the less than noble circumstances of that movement's demise (correct me if i'm wrong) I somehow doubt it would be a good idea to give a potentially divisive name to what is supposed to be a unifying element in the country

20. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

Yea. They did when we went to France in '98 and besides I have another reason to support the "Reds" because my dad is from there.

In your case, you've NEVER qualified for a WC finals so automatically you like the rest of Puerto Ricans had no other choice but to buy your Trini flag and get behind the team.:D

21. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

22. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    lol can this warlord guy post anything without having to mention the past? How many times have I said this. Losers settle with past accomplishments ( not that Jamaica accomplished much...even with all that money lol) and winners look forward. Jamaica's youth program sucks...do the math.

23. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    ]

If jamaica hasn't accomplished much then what does that say about Haitian football.:eek:

24. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    you cant say nothing about us cause were not bragging about anything. we look at the future and not the past. You're youth teams suck at every lever. U-15, U-17, U-20 and U-23 ( losing to the Bahamas :eek:.....a team Haiti beat
    6-1). Unfortunenatly for you guys, you will be staying at the level of teams like Barbados, Bermuda, Bahamas, St-Lucia etc. If you look at T&T, Haiti and Cuba, we can clearely see that their is a future with these teams. But keep looking into the past ''acomplishements'' of the ganja boyz if it helps you sleep at night lol

25. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    hahaha...you people act like you're all of a sudden on USA or MExico's level when you ain't even in the elite of CFU.:eek: Jamaica's youth teams until the last few years have always qualified for youth programs or did you miss that? Its only been the last 3 years or so we failed but then again our senior team has still been competitive.

Trinidad is going through the same problem with their youth players but hey lets wait and see who's left standing after the WCQ starts how's that? I'm willing to bet that you and Cuba get dispatched of before any of the 2powerhouses in CFU. Wanna wager?;)