CFU Club Championship

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by FlashEP, Sep 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. touppouyo

touppouyo New Member

Sep 6, 2006

2. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

3. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    c'mon yall just drop it, don't mess up this forum like so many others.

At least we can all agree that if Baltimore SC plays Harbour View that would be a tough match for both clubs.

We gotta really stop dwelling on the past all the time.

4. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    Pro League clubs frustrated by CFU postponement
    By: Randy Bando (ttproleague.com)

The Caribbean Football Union, organizers of the Caribbean Club Championships 2006, have postponed the semifinal round of matches that was originally scheduled to be played in Trinidad on Thursday and Saturday of this week.
    The four semifinalists now have to wait for another month before they can get the ball rolling again in the Caribbean tournament.
    Pro League clubs San Juan Jabloteh and W Connection who both topped their respective groups would be playing at home to the likes of Harbour View of Jamaica and Haitian club Baltimore SC respectively.
    Both local clubs are however, are not too pleased with the decision to postpone the tournament, Jabloteh’s Chairman Jerry Hospedales told ttproleague.com, “No reason whatsoever was given for the postponement and this is gross incompetence by the CFU. It is a matter of good planning and since last year when we qualified for this tournament, and we were supposed to know when and where the matches would be held.”
    “Only in November we learnt that we had to go to St Thomas, US Virgin Islands and only on Sunday of this week we were told the semifinals were to be played in Trinidad on Thursday and Saturday, but this has now changed.”
    “The CFU must understand we have sponsors and they don’t just hand out money just like that. In a competition like this, teams need money and the CFU don’t provide costs for traveling or hotels.”
    “This is our off period and with the Digicel and CFU Tournaments taking place now, it is really a disappointment to see the way things are being handled.”
    “The CFU need to get their act in order and a better managed administrative part of the business because I am very upset,” ended the disappointed Jabloteh Chairman.
    While W Connection’s Chairman David John Williams preferred to remain mum on the organization of the competition, but told ttproleague.com, “We would have liked to have the tournament concluded before Christmas but we are professionals and would just have to go by the dates organized by the CFU,” said Williams briefly.

Semifinals
    Friday 26th January 2007

Game A: San Juan Jabloteh vs Baltimore SC —5pm

Game B: W Connection vs Harbour View —7pm

Final
    Sunday 28th January 2007

Winner Game A vs Winner Game B—5pm

* - The respective venues are not yet finalized by the CFU and would be given on a later date.

5. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Looking forward to seeing what San Juan Jabloteh will do to Baltimore SC. They will win that match up easily I say they take it 3-0 over Baltimore

6. chec

chec Member

Feb 9, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Game A Jab 4 Bal 0

Game B WC 2 HV 1

Final Jab 2 WC 1

7. touppouyo

touppouyo New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Ha! Jab has yet to play a strong club in the competition. I would pick Baltimore and Connection for the finals and the outcome will probably depend on WHERE the match is played. I don't think Hview will do good if their next match is outside of Jamaica.

8. chec

chec Member

Feb 9, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Trinidad and Tobago
    The semi's and the Final are going to be in Trinidad. That is why I picked Both Trini teams to win.

If the games were in Jam the score would be :

Game A: Jab 4 Bal 0

Game B: HV 2 WC 1

Final Jab 2 HV 1

If the games were in Haiti:

Game A Jab 2 Bal 0

Game B: HV 2 WC 1

Final Jab 2 HV 1

9. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

I noticed a consistency with all your predictions. Jabloteh nails the Haitians 4-0 evrytime!:D

The WConnection/Harbourview game I think will be alot closer and could go either way.

10. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Jabloteh are former CFU champions something Baltimore has never been!:eek:
    I'll stick with my prediction that your team will get raped by Jabloteh.;)

11. touppouyo

touppouyo New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    TnT and Jamaica have finished BEHIND Haiti in almost every tournament those teams enter so far this year except the cac games in which Haiti eliminated TnT in Trinidad but loss to Jamaica in a match Haiti played with 9 players and the aigle noir/h'view group. Haitian teams regularly beat TnT teams at almost all levels this year. It's pure bigotry to assume that TnT and Jamaican clubs are stronger than Haitian clubs.

However, you see how unfair this is. You will have bragging rights for either one of the three non-Haitian clubs that wins the championship because you call yourself Yardie-Trini and there are 3 such teams in the semi. Your chance to win is 3:1 :) Let's wait and see.

12. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

Historically Trinidad and Jamaica have always owned you people albeit at national level and at club football. The fact is you've always been behind us. Why is anyone going to think that will change at club level.

Here:

W Connection CFU champions 2001
    W Connection CFU Champions 2002
    San Juan Jabloteh CFU chmpions 2003
    Harbourview FC 2004 Champions 2004
    Portmore United 2005 CFU champions 2005.

where are the Haitians?:D

13. chec

chec Member

Feb 9, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Trinidad and Tobago
    I think that you are mixing me up with Warlord. I am Canadian-Trini.

You are right. Haiti has improved a lot on a National level. But club teams I still think that the Trini and Jam teams are stronger. If I am wrong and Balt wins the CFU I will support you guys the rest of the way.

On a National level I would like to see more CFU teams do well against the rest of CONCACAF. For too long only Trini and Jam have been able to put up a fight against the big teams. The CFU needs more teams to step up.

14. touppouyo

touppouyo New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Sorry, Che :). The fact is neither you and warlord, nor myself have seen either one of the last four teams play recently. Maybe some videoclips and that's it. Therefore, neither one of us can tell for sure which team is the strongest of the four. Whatever we say can only betray our desire to see our countrymen do well in the sport we love. I may be just as biased as warlord, however, I actually based my predictions on the assumption that Baltimore and Connection have faced stronger competitions than Jaboleth and H'view (there again I may be biased).

Having said that, I believe you have overlooked other caribbean teams efforts. Here are two facts regarding Haiti and a Cuba's fan may also come up with other facts showing that Jamaica and TnT are not the only cfu teams capable of putting up a fight against the big teams.

1)
    Last time Haiti plays USA it was a tie (1-1)
    Last time Haiti plays Costarica it was a tie (3-3)
    Last time Haiti plays Guatemala (not quite a big team) it was a tie (1-1)
    Last time Haiti plays TnT it was a victory for Haiti (either 1-0 or 2-1)
    Last time Haiti plays Jamaica it was a loss for Haiti (0-2 Haiti already qualified)

We have not played Mexico since 1981 (1-1 in Tegucigalpa)
    We have not played Honduras in the past two years.

2)
    Haitian clubs have not recently won the cfu titles because the competition is considered useless and is a waste of money. Haitian clubs just like many clubs from other much better-off cfu countries, for instance, rarely participate in the competition.

But we have won the CONCACAF Champions cup TWICE. (Who needs cfu titles? :) ).

However, I agree Jamaica and Trinidad have been the most succesfull cfu teams in RECENT years. Believe it or not, I support Jamaica and TnT 100 % when they're playing any team other than Haiti and I suspect most Haitians feel the same way, at least those who have not yet met 'War Lord':D

15. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Great game I was at the stadium, we were up 3-0 in the first half, then Haiti decided to play soccer and outplayed us

16. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Can you tell me why my post was deleted?:rolleyes:

17. chec

chec Member

Feb 9, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Trinidad and Tobago

Warlord is just very supportive of the two countries that he loves.
    If something it said about Jam or T&T he will always defend his people.
    There is nothing wrong with that.

18. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I think you called Haitians "you inferior people".

Metro

19. touppouyo

touppouyo New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Are you sure Jamaicans as I know them are his people? Guys like Fuller, Davis, Shelton, and Ricketts are certainly not. They all have 'nappy hair' and are certainly among those people who envy 'Seaga' because he doesn't have nappy hair. What about Latas, Yorke, and Jack on his trini side? They wouldn't qualified to be members of 'his people'.

This kid is not a football fan. He is just a racist in the making who is using this football site. Let's be honest: why would a Jamaican kid has problems with Haitians' nappy hair and think they would envy Seaga for his caucasian features when Jamaica itself has over 80 % Blacks. Ironically, Haiti has more Caucasians than Jamaica! The kid has probably never seen the national teams of 'his people'.

You would do a better job helping him up instead of backing him just because he seems to support your favorite team.

20. chec

chec Member

Feb 9, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Trinidad and Tobago
    I know that he comes over a little rough sometimes, but I am sure that he does not mean to be disrespectfull. After all we are all brothers. If Haiti,T&T, Jam or any other CFU team comes up against the big boys of CONCACAF we should give each other our full support.

21. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Well, I've been following the discussions here long enough, and most of the ones that have been ruined are a result of Warlord's comments.

Metro

22. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    What a very dumb and rather uneducated statement to claim I'm racist?. Have you ever been to Jamaica?

We have people of all different backgrounds from our island not just blacks you imbecile. Our motto says it all..." out of many one people". There are no racial issues in our country as there are in other parts of the world. Jamaicans come in all different colors in our country. I'm of Jamaican East Indian, black and Hispanic descent and very proud of my heritage!;)

Tell me when did Fuller, Claude Davis, Luke Shelton and Donovan Ricketts personally told you that they were envious of Seaga because of his physical features?

Just by you the way you speak its clear you know nothing about Jamaica. Do you even know that there are Jamaicans of White, Chinese, East Indian, Middle Eastern and German descent?;)

23. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

24. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    That is your opinion. These Haitians think they're all the shite and they ain't;)

25. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    In your opinion you deemed Haitians "inferior people". I think that would at least constitute a racist comment, imho.

Metro