CFU Club Championship

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by FlashEP, Sep 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    that's one of Trinidad & Tobago's young upcoming goalkeepers:cool:

2. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    former 2 time CFU champions. I forgot how many CFU titles your Islanders got;)

3. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Hey, care to shut the fuk up already? This is the first time the Islanders ever play in an international competition. They have only existed for two years.

4. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    tell that to yo mama.;)

5. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    and for your info W Connection is only 7 yrs old and already have 2 CFU Titles 2001 and 2002 and was runner up in 2003:cool:

6. Flyin Ryan

Flyin Ryan Member

May 13, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So Harbour View, Baltimore, Jabloteh, and W Connection in the finals?

7. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Sure no problem the game is gona be put on a websites so i have no problem posting the adress whene it comes out. I aint no liar, it was clear that the Islanders have the higher posetion but they where not able to break the WC defend and if they did that wall of a golie was there waiting for the ball, they got frustreted and made things worst and WC stayed calm and defended their lead well But with this result we prove we can play with the big boys in the Carib and you will definetly be hearing more from the Islanders in year to come, especially because they already qualified for next seasons CFU :) and who know in 2008 River Plate PR may be running around the Carib to.

8. F.F.

F.F. Member

Sep 16, 2004
    So is the final score 1-0 to W-Connection?

9. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    The Islanders are a two year old club, we haven't won the league yet let alone our first ever international competition. But this is the best the team has ever look and from what i gather it looks like we may be taking next season league by storm, its also a historical moment for the team because its the first time it give player contract beyond one season. I know you would just say this is another excuse but you also need to know the current roster has only be together for 1 weeks, i wish WC luck in the next round.

10. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Yes

11. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Dude this is our initiation to international trash talking they may hold the cards for now but just know that it will not be for much longer we have the skill and the money :cool: to eventually dominate the Carib and if we continue up maybe a future in the MLS :) nah.... USL RULZ

Maybe will buy your goalie(If his better then our star goalie which did not play in the CFU) and some of your defenders :)

12. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    W Connection FC are one of the big teams in the Caribbean and they have the $$ to buy players as well but good luck to your team in the future. I noticed you had a Trinidad & Tobago player on your roster, which was quite interesting.:cool:

13. touppouyo

touppouyo New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Com'n. If you wanna beat them trinis you know where to look. Just hop over the 'canal de mona' and if you jump high enough you will see us on the other side of the mountains :) .

14. chec

chec Member

Feb 9, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Intru, in all your post you failed to mention that WC played most of the second haft with 10 men. Playing at home against 10 men and a goal down, the Islanders should have had all the possession. :)

Congrats on qualifing for next years CFU. I hope that this the begining of a new rivalry between your Islanders and my Trini teams.

15. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Yeah i forgot the WC players where being a little bit ruff but international games always tend to be that way so they got a couple of yellows and some guy got two and got kick out, but they still manage to show their experience and calm and take advantage of the Islanders erratic behavior during the second half. But Islanders had most of the possessions they just couldn't do anything when they reach the goal. Maybe next year will come with a league tittle under our belts and who knows maybe beat a couple of you guys :).

16. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Yeah we should of played our Haitian goalie

17. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    Harbour View (JAM) qualified from group A, Baltimore SC (HAI) qualified from group B, and W Connection (TRI) qualified from group C. San Juan Jabloteh (TRI) is currently leading group D.

How's the next round setup?

18. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    That haitian side will probably be the first to go out in the next round. Harborview and WConncection FC have won the CFU titles a few times and San Juan Jabloteh is a very good side.:)

I dont know what the hell happened with Waterhouse. How they could lose to a Haitian side at home is beyond the unthinkable.:confused:

19. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    yeah i know rite?!?! lol:p

20. chec

chec Member

Feb 9, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Trinidad and Tobago
    TRI , JAM , and HAI continue to dominate Carbbean football.
    Based on Group results so far, Jabloteh seems like the team to beat. They scored 12 goals in two games and have given up none. They play thier final group game today. But never over look HV and WC they are good teams.

21. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti

I know, its really weird what has happened to Waterhouse. They were the favorites by far

22. Cocopelli

Cocopelli New Member

Jul 22, 2006
    On the Islanders - W Connection game I must say:
    Islanders paced the game since minute 1 and the WC goal came on a pass that some people said was offside, but I have not seen the replay.

Islanders got 2 goals disallowed by the ref. One for offside, the other for been the ball out of the game.

In various ocasion, the ball hangs around the WC goal, but for some reason (and it was not for a good WC defense) the ball didnt got in. Fate must be.

WC with 11 or 10 players, the Islanders were the one proposing. And WC has an ok defense. Overall, the Islanders dominate.

I thing that the WC expierience in this kind of international tournament came in handy for them, and thats exactly what our team needs. Loosing to a CFU champ, 1-0, is nothing to be ashamed of. As a matter of fact, it tells that Islanders are at the level of the top teams in the Caribbean and a CFU title is not far away, I hope.

And be aware all caribbean clubs, theres a new bully in town.

GORA ISLANDERS!!!!!

23. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

Until i see a video clip of the game I will say that your opinion is probably biased. You failed to mention that W Connection were down to 10 men and probably played defensively as a result.

Just because you lost 1-0 under the circumstances doesn't mean that they are still not a class above you people. They usually hammer teams and maybe you caught them on a day when they didn't play well but on a good day the scoreline would've probably been 5-0 in favor of that Connection side. ;)

24. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Well I'm not sure about that Haitian team because I don't know anything about them but Harbourview, WConnection and San Juan Jabloteh have very good sides.

But you're probably right about Jabloteh, they will be the team to beat based on their performances so far. I remember them playing in the Champions Cup against the MLS' chicago fire about 2 years ago where they nailed that MLS club at home but lost the away match.

25. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    He did say you had 10 players and they where playing defensively during most the game. I promesed you the damn video already so calm your ass down.